www.officialavalanche.com | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
hongwei28
hongwei28 Nov 16 '18
Kellen Moore is the new quarterbacks coach for the Dallas Cowboys after spending the previous three seasons as the backup to Tony Romo and then Dak Prescott.

Moore’s move is part of a significant overhaul to coach Jason Garrett’s staff. Although offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli are returning [url=http://www.officialavalanche.com/...-nail-yakupov-jersey]Authentic Nail Yakupov Jersey[/url] , eight new coaches and two promotions were announced Friday.

Sanjay Lal, who has worked with receivers for four NFL teams over the past 11 seasons, is the new receivers coach in what could be a crucial year for 2014 All-Pro Dez Bryant’s future in Dallas. After spending last season with Indianapolis, Lal replaces Derek Dooley, who left to become offensive coordinator at Missouri.

The other newcomers are Paul Alexander (offensive line), Ken Amato (defensive assistant), Doug Colman (assistant special teams), Doug Nussmeier (tight ends) [url=http://www.officialavalanche.com/...han-mackinnon-jersey]Nathan MacKinnon Jersey[/url] , Markus Paul (assistant strength) and Kris Richard (passing game coordinator/defensive backs).

Ben Bloom was promoted to linebackers coach, and former special teams assistant Keith O’Quinn will take over that unit.

The staff shake-up came after the Cowboys finished 9-7 in a season marred by 2016 All-Pro running back Ezekiel Elliott’s six-game suspension a year after Dallas had an NFC-best 13 wins.

The 29-year-old Moore spent six seasons in the NFL, the first three with Detroit as an undrafted free agent out of Boise State. He ended up as the backup in Dallas because of his ties to Linehan with the Lions.

Moore played just three regular-season games in his career, all of them after Romo broke his collarbone for the second time during the 2015 season and the Cowboys had benched both of Romo’s other backups, Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel.

Moore likely would have started in 2016 when Romo broke his back in a preseason game, but Moore broke an ankle during practice in training camp.

The injury to Moore made Prescott the backup, and the former Mississippi State star went on to have one of the best rookie seasons for a quarterback in NFL history. Moore was Prescott’s trusted confidant as his backup last season.

The Cowboys gave the QB coaching job to Moore after deciding not to bring back Wade Wilson, who held the job for 11 seasons. Linehan also works closely with quarterbacks.

Matt Eberflus also was among the coaches who left the Dallas staff. The former linebackers coach and passing game coordinator agreed to become defensive coordinator for the Colts when they were planning to hire Josh McDaniels.

After McDaniels changed his mind and returned to New England [url=http://www.officialsharks.com/...oonas-donskoi-jersey]Joonas Donskoi Jersey[/url] , the Colts said they would honor the deals with the assistants who had agreed to come and hired new coach Frank Reich.

Former Dallas special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia took the same job under Jon Gruden in Oakland. Alexander replaced Frank Pollack, the new offensive line coach in Cincinnati. Other coaches who didn’t return were Joe Baker (secondary) and Steve Loney, who retired after one season in charge of the tight ends.

The San Francisco 49ers rewarded wide receiver Marquise Goodwin for his career-best season by giving him a three-year contract extension Thursday worth $20.3 million.

Goodwin was one of San Francisco’s best free-agent acquisitions last season when he signed a two-year deal, giving the team a needed deep threat down the field. His play led the 49ers to lock him up through the 2021 season with the new deal that will guarantee him $10 million, according to NFL Network.

After putting up little production in his first four seasons in Buffalo, Goodwin is excited for the chance to remain in coach Kyle Shanahan’s system with Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback.

”I definitely feel like this offense is good for me in a sense that it allows me to be a football player,” he said. ”It gives me the opportunity to be out there and make plays and that’s what you want in a scheme and a system. It’s not just me. Everybody gets to shine. That’s what’s good about this offense. It’s not a one-man wrecking crew. It’s not one guy making it happen. It’s a lot of guys making opportunities to make plays.”

The 27-year-old Goodwin set career highs last season with 56 catches for 962 yards and scored two touchdowns. The former Olympic long jumper had caught just 49 passes for 780 yards in four seasons with Buffalo.

He also won the team’s Len Eshmont Award for inspirational and courageous play and won the team’s Ed Block Courage Award given to the player that exemplified a commitment to sportsmanship and courage.

It was a trying season off the field for Goodwin, whose premature son died hours before he caught an 83-yard touchdown pass against the New York Giants on Nov. 12 [url=http://www.officialavalanche.com/...s-patrick-roy-jersey]Patrick Roy Jersey[/url] , and whose biological father died days before he had 10 catches for 114 yards against Tennessee on Dec. 17.

”From the minute Marquise joined our team, he has shown us everything we want to see in a 49er,” general manager John Lynch said. ”He leads by example with a tremendous work ethic, a trait that helped him expand his repertoire as a football player and post his most successful season as a pro last year. Marquise earned this extension by coming in every day focused on doing his job and, as a result, he made himself and his teammates better.”

Goodwin really excelled after Garoppolo took over as quarterback last December. He had 29 catches for 384 yards and one touchdown in five games with Garoppolo as the starter, tying for fifth in the NFL in catches and ranking sixth in yards during those games.

Goodwin was also tracked with the fastest speed by a receiver on any catch last season according to Next Gen Stats through SportRadar, running 21.68 mph on a 55-yard catch from C.J. Beathard against Arizona on Nov. 5.

He narrowly missed out on a 1 [url=http://www.officialavalanche.com/...samuel-girard-jersey]Womens Samuel Girard Jersey[/url] ,000-yard season when he was knocked out of the season finale against the Rams with a concussion after a helmet-to-helmet hit by Blake Countess. Goodwin has had at least four concussions in his career.

”I was not scared at all by any means,” he said. ”I know the game I play. It’s tough, it’s physical. Things like that happen at some point. The people in the stands were more scared than I was based on how it looked and me being unconscious for a few seconds. I’m blessed for the opportunity to be healthy and go into 2018 with new opportunities.”

Share: