Bird Droppings: Arizona Cardinals name team captains | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Nov 16 '18

Washington Redskins injury  Youth Customized Arizona Cardinals Jerseys report, Budda the backer and more Happy Friday one and all, we have made it.The Arizona Cardinals open their 2018 season on Sunday against the Washington Redskins, but the NFL got kicked off, even if it was a little late, last night as the defending Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles carried an early lead late and held on again against the Atlanta Falcons.Now, we wait for the longest weekend of the year, for the first game of the season.Yet, we still have plenty of news from around the web to help us get to that game, so let’s get to it.Cardinals Name Their 2018 Team CaptainsSeven -- including newcomer Bradford -- chosen for seasonEven With Milestones, Larry Fitzgerald Not Interested In Second PlaceNotes: DC Holcomb ready to call plays; Golden doesn't practiceAn Absence Of Hype: Chandler Jones Won't Talk Himself UpDespite NFL-leading 17 sacks, defensive end doesn't get much of spotlightBudda Baker, a "Ph.D in hands," and linebacker workArizona Cardinals Home: The official source of the latest Cardinals headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters and game day informationCharles Kanoff Sticks With The CardinalsUndrafted quarterback grabs practice squad spot after steady improvementOpposing Views - RedskinsCraig Grialou and Mike Jurecki take a look into the Cardinals' week one opponent www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com , the Washington Redskins.Bold predictions for all 32 NFL teams for 2018 seasonCould Dalvin Cook be the NFL's rushing champ? Our reporters make fearless forecasts on Super Bowl teams, MVPs and more.Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman share same 'Mr. Miyagi' - Arizona Cardinals Blog- ESPNCardinals coach Steve Wilks is helping Patrick Peterson hone his craft, just as he did with Josh Norman before him.'Knee-deep' nickname will always motivate Cardinals' D.J. HumphriesThe Arizona Cardinals' D.J. Humphries said Bruce Arians' old nickname for him, Knee-deep, still pisses him off to this day.PFF: After preseason, Cardinals' O-line still near bottom of the packThe Arizona Cardinals made the offensive line a top priority in the offseason. But even with a new-look O-line, the needle didn't budge, according to Pro Football Focus.Cardinals defense takes on challenge of a new-look offense in Week 1Defense should be a strength for Arizona this season. After all, the majority of key pieces are back from a unit that helped drag the Cardinals to an 8-8 record last year.Larry Fitzgerald on chasing Jerry Rice: ‘I never play for second’Jerry Rice is too far in front of Larry Fitzgerald in the NFL record books. That doesn't mean finishing second makes the Arizona Cardinals vet all too pleased.Adrian Peterson wants to break Jim Brown's rushing mark in ArizonaOnly 37 yards away from breaking Jim Brown's rushing yards mark, Adrian Peterson is hopeful he can do it in the first game of 2018 against his former team, the Arizona Cardinals.Steve Wilks hopes emotions stay controllable in coaching debutHe hopes to "stay focused on being focused," like he tells the Cardinals players.Cardinals vs. Redskins: 3 interesting stats in Week 1 matchupJay Gruden, Cardinals coaches struggles in season openers, debuts.Cardinals vs Redskins injury report: Trent Williams limited with kneeComing back from a knee injury, he was limited after practicing fully on Wednesday.Budda Baker’s versatility could push Haason Reddick to benchHe is getting work at linebacker, in addition to safety and slot corner.Know your enemy: Cardinals at Rams preview with Turf Show Times The Arizona Cardinals head to Los Angeles to take on the Rams tomorrow and Turf Show Times’ Joe McAtee was kind enough to talk with us about the game.Here is what Joe had to say about the division favorite Rams.1. Through all the names on the defense, who are one or two players to keep an eye on that we may not know yet?On offense, there’s not a ton of unknowns. The only member of the 2017 starting offense that’s gone is WR Sammy Watkins who landed a free agent deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. I guess though one name to look out for is RG Austin Blythe. He’s playing in place of RG Jamon Brown who will serve out the final game of his two-game suspension this weekend. Given (a) that Brown hasn’t been overwhelmingly impressive to this point in his career and (b) Blythe played very well in Week 1, there’s a chance that Blythe could play himself into the lineup (semi-) permanently. I guess if there’s another unknown quantity Arizona Cardinals Womens T-Shirt , it’s the tight end position, but that’s unknown for Rams fans as well. Given McVay’s history with the position as a tight ends coach in Washington and the production he got out of tight ends there, many (myself included) expected more from the position last year with TE Tyler Higbee and 2017 NFL Draft second-round pick. They didn’t produce much, and in Week 1 they combined for 0 catches on 0 targets. Oh, and for 0 yards. So who knows.As for the defense, it’s definitely got some headliners. But between the linebacking group and S John Johnson, there are some under-the-radar candidates. All four 2017 Week 1 starting linebackers are absent: EDGE Robert Quinn (traded to the Miami Dolphins), ILB Alec Ogletree (traded to the New York Giants), ILB Mark Barron (currently injured) and OLB Connor Barwin (left via free agency to the Giants). So there’s room for guys like EDGE Samson Ebukam or ILB Cory Littleton to make a name for themselves this year, for sure.2. McVay and the Rams toyed with the Cardinals in 2017 offensively, how much better is this Rams offense in 2018?TBD? It’s the same cast with WR Brandin Cooks in Watkins’ stead, so it may just be down to two factors: how much more creative and/or aggressive McVay is offensively and how much QB Jared Goff develops individually. I don’t think you can get much more out of RB Todd Gurley or the existing pieces like WR Robert Woods or WR Cooper Kupp. So it’s definitely going to be interesting to see how much better if at all the offense gets and, when we get to crunchtime leading up to the playoffs and thereafter, if they can top last year’s postseason performance.3. Score and be gentle...So I went with 33-10 in our staff predictions, but obviously we’re all biased here. And coming off of last year’s 33-0 and 32-16 pairings, it’s hard for me to predict much else. I will say though, I really think you guys are one of the most underrated teams in the NFL right now. I know that’s probably not all that encouraging given last week and the state of the Rams right now, but I could definitely see you guys surprising in much stronger fashion compared to expectations than say the San Francisco 49ers or Seattle Seahawks.

Share: