ing in his second game at point guard, turned it over just once in 32 minutes.Washington State made 27 of 54 shots (50 percent) but hit just 4 of 14 from 3-point r | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Nov 15 '18
LAHAINA, Hawaii -- Oklahoma States relentless pressure caused havoc against lesser opponents through the first three games. Nike Air Vapormax For Sale .It worked just as well in the Cowboys first true test this season.Jawun Evans had 35 points and five of Oklahoma States 18 steals, lifting the Cowboys to a 98-90 win over Connecticut Monday night in the opening round of the Maui Invitational.I love the fact we had 18 steals. Thats a great number, Oklahoma State coach Brad Underwood said. That means were being active and bothersome now.Oklahoma State (4-0) jumped on the Huskies from the opening tip, turning one steal after another into points in transition. The Cowboys hit five 3-pointers during an opening 18-3 run and finished 12 for 20 from the arc.Jeffrey Carroll and Phil Forte had 18 points each, helping Oklahoma State move on to the second round against No. 4 North Carolina or Chaminade.Evans also had six assists, four rebounds and one turnover.These two guys are awfully hard to guard and thats a great weapon, Underwood said of Evans and Forte.UConn (1-3) struggled with Oklahoma States constant pressure, turning it over 18 times. Jalen Adams had the most trouble with the Cowboys defense, turning it over six times in the opening five minutes and 10 overall.Adams finished with 34 points, six rebounds and six assists. Rodney Purvis added 20 points.The Huskies lost sophomore forward Terry Larrier to a left leg injury in the first half.I just love my kids effort. They tried to get back in the game, UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. I think we cut it to four, but it was just a little bit too late. And we just have to start off a little stronger and weve got to take care of the ball a little bit more.The Cowboys used their relentless pressure and ability to score in transition to average 107 points their first three games. Those came against lesser opponents, so Maui represented their first true test.Oklahoma State was at its harassing best against UConn early, forcing Huskies guard Jalen Adams to turn it over six times in the opening five minutes. The Cowboys turned many of those into transition 3-pointers, hitting 5 of 8 while opening with an 18-3 run.The Huskies held their ground for the rest of the half, though it did little good. Oklahoma State led 40-26 at halftime behind Evans 16 points.UConn finally started to get a handle on Oklahoma States pressure and got some defensive stops, trimming the Cowboys lead to seven with about five minutes left.The Huskies hit a pair of late 3-pointers, but Evans finished them off by hitting three free throws in the final 29 seconds.We definitely can build off of it, Purivs said. Our main thing is we just got to get off to a good start and take care of the basketball.LARRIERS INJURYLarrier was expected to be a big contributor this season after transferring from Virginia Commonwealth. He went down after being stripped of the ball, slapping the floor and screaming as trainers rushed out to him.Larrier was unable to put any weight on his left leg and stopped by to offer his teammates encouragement after being helped to the locker room.He left the arena on crutches and a heavy brace on his left leg.I know its a knee injury, but we dont know the significance of it yet, Ollie said.BIG PICTUREOklahoma States pressure defense withstood its first real test after beating three overmatched opponents and the Cowboys knocked down their 3s, something that will be key this season for them.The Huskies allowed themselves to get sped up by the Cowboys while falling into a big early hole and now face the possibility of playing without Larrier for an extended period.UP NEXTOklahoma State moves on the face the winner between No. 4 North Carolina and host Chaminade in Tuesdays second roundUConn plays the North Carolina-Chaminade loser.---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org Cheap Air Vapormax Wholesale . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Nike Vapormax Wholesale China . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. http://www.cheapvapormaxforsale.com/ . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Josh Hawkinson and freshman Malachi Flynn each scored 18 points to help Washington State beat Division II Central Washington 81-76 on Tuesday night.Washington State was behind 42-36 at halftime but Ike Iroegbu scored 14 of his 15 points in the second half to help hold off the Wildcats. The Cougars took a 55-53 lead with just under 12 minutes left on Iroegbus basket and they never trailed again.Hawkinson grabbed 12 rebounds for his 42nd career double-double but the Cougars (2-0) were outrebounded 42-35. Flynn, playing in his second game at point guard, turned it over just once in 32 minutes.Washington State made 27 of 54 shots (50 percent) but hit just 4 of 14 from 3-point range.Dom Hunter made four 3-pointers and scored 26 points for Central Washington. He was 9 of 24 from the floor. Naim Ladd and Fuquan Niles added 12 points apiece, and Niles grabbed 16 rebounds for his first double--double with the Wildcats. Cheap Vapormax For Sale. In the first half we were getting some transition baskets, Central Washington coach Greg Sparling said. They went smaller in the second half and started switching everything, which is fine. We just didnt make shots. We tried to adjust to it, but by the time we adjusted it was too late.INJURY UPDATEIroegbu took a hard spill early in the second half on a drive to the basket.Im hurting right now, Ill get some ice on it, Iroegbu said in a radio interview. After I fell, I went back into the locker room and gathered myself. You could say that foul really woke me up.UP NEXTCentral Washington travels to face Dixie State on Friday in Seattle.Washington State plays in the Paradise Jam in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands on Friday against No. 22 Creighton. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: