plan calls for Nelson to run deep routes on three straight plays, more likely than not, hell come out for the next play or two. That would have been the case even when he was healthy.Weather in Jacksonville is another variable, wi | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Nov 14 '18
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic .J. -- Ben McAdoo has shown a willingness to gamble in his first season as the Giants coach, and New York is riding his hot hand for a run at their first postseason berth since winning the Super Bowl in 2011.Eli Manning threw his third touchdown pass of the game on a fourth-down, fourth-quarter roll of the dice by McAdoo, and the Giants beat the Cincinnati Bengals 21-20 on Monday night for their first four-game winning streak since 2013.We like the position were in. Weve just got to keep going. We cant slow down, said Manning, who was 28 of 44 for 240 yards and two interceptions. We cant relax for a second. Every game weve been playing is tight. Im proud of the way the team is fighting.Manning threw scoring passes of 10 yards apiece to rookie Jerrell Adams and Odell Beckham in the first half, and a game-winning 3-yarder to rookie Sterling Shepard on a daring call with New York (6-3) down 20-14 early in the fourth quarter.The six wins match the Giants total in each of the last two seasons under Tom Coughlin, and it bodes well with Chicago (2-7) and Cleveland (0-10) on tap the next two weeks.The key to this one was McAdoos decision to play for a TD early in the fourth. The third quarter ended with New York at the Cincinnati 9, facing a second and goal.When Manning came to the sideline, McAdoo told him they were in four-down territory.I dont know if Ive heard it before, Manning said of being told before the second-down play. Obviously on third down, they tell you. We had the quarter change, so I think he had some time to think and wanted me to know and to tell the offensive guys the circumstances.The fourth quarter started with an incomplete pass intended for tight end Will Tye. A 6-yard pass to Tavarres King set up the fourth-down pass to Shepard, who cut across the field on a shallow route and beat the linebacker.We knew it was going to take touchdowns to beat this team, McAdoo said. Its a good football team and we felt like we needed to score touchdowns. The Giants defense took over from there, closing it out on Landon Collins fourth interception in the past three games and two stops, the last on consecutive sacks of Andy Dalton with less than five minutes to play.Dalton threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to A.J. Green and Jeremy Hill scored on a 9-yard run that was set up by an 84-yard kickoff return by Alex Erickson to start the second half. Mike Nugent kicked two field goals for Cincinnati (3-5-1), the second giving the Bengals a 20-14 lead early in the third quarter.Dalton said the Bengals just couldnt get anything going after taking the lead. They missed a short third down play in the fourth quarter and then never threatened.We just needed one play to get us going and we never got it, said Dalton, who was 16 of 29 for 204 yards.The Giants had a 14-10 halftime lead. Manning capped an 80-yard opening drive with his pass to Adams . He hit Beckham (10 catches for 97 yards) on New Yorks final drive of the half.A 71-yard pass from Dalton to tight end Tyler Eifert set up Greens touchdown, and an interception by Dre Kirkpatrick led to Nugents first field goal, which was disappointing since Cincinnati had first-and-goal at the Giants 7 after the return.INJURIESGiants second-year G Brett Jones made his first NFL start and lasted one series before leaving with a strained calf. New York WR-KR Dwayne Harris (toe) left in the second half, as did the Bengals DE Wallace Gilberry (calf).RING OF HONORThe Giants inducted two-time Super Bowl-winning coach Tom Coughlin, defensive end Justin Tuck and former general manager Ernie Accorsi into their Ring of Honor. Coughlin, who stepped down after last season, was the last to be introduced, and he started by saying he wasnt going to be cheated in giving his acceptance speech. He wasnt. He spoke so long the teams had to wait for the second half to start.UP NEXTBengals: Host the Bills on Sunday.Giants: Finish a three-game homestand with a matchup against Chicago.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale NFL Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. http://www.cheapjerseysnikenfl.com/ .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Jordy Nelsons knees arent going to keep him from playing football on Sunday.How much the receiver is on the field in the Green Bay Packers season opener at Jacksonville may simply come down to how much he can stand the heat.Otherwise, Nelson is ready and eager to play for first time in more than a year.Im playing football, Nelson said Tuesday in a brief response when asked if his knees were an issue.Nelson tore the ACL in his right knee in a preseason game last summer at Pittsburgh, an injury that knocked him out for the 2015 season.He arrived this preseason with what he described as a minor issue in his left knee. It was concerning enough to the coaching staff that Nelson only started practicing again a few weeks ago. He didnt play in any preseason games.Would it have been better going through camp? Yeah, probably. It wouldnt have hurt, Nelson said. But Im not worried about it, I dont think anyone in this locker room is worried about it.He sat in on meetings. On the field, when he wasnt practicing, Nelson looked like a coach, as he watched plays and interacted with other receivers.Nelson is one of the best in the business when healthy. In his last full season in 2014, Nelson had 80 catches for 1,519 yards and 13 touchdowns. He has accumulated a highlight reel full of deep balls and back-shoulder receptions, and high wire-like sideline catches from quarterback Aaron Rodgers.The mystery for now is just how effective Nelson will be on Sunday, and how that affects how he is covered by the Jaguars.I mean, it depends on how healthy they think he is, Rodgers said. But I think were all looking forward to the sight of No. 87 back on the field and healthy.Nelsons return means the Rodgers has his full supporting cast back in Green Bay. A slimmed-down Eddie Lacy has shown the hard-charging running in camp that made him a star in his first couple years in the leaague. Cheap Nike Football Jerseys. Randall Cobb, who is known for making tough catches in traffic, added some upper-body bulk to put up with more pounding.Jordy taking the top off things and me working underneath -- I think we really do complement each other well, Cobb said.Coach Mike McCarthy said Nelson and Cobb are wired very similar in that each can play multiple receiving positions, and have a complete understanding of the entire offense.How youre attacking the opponent, why youre attacking the opponent that way and the adjustments off of that, McCarthy said. So Jordy and Randall both have obviously an excellent understanding of our offense, and theyre great role models for our younger players .McCarthy has said Nelson is a full go this week. Nelson said hes ready for any workload, but there is no estimate on the number of plays hell take.Well play it by snap-by-snap to be honest with you. There (are) a lot of things that could happen differently, Nelson said.For instance, if the game plan calls for Nelson to run deep routes on three straight plays, more likely than not, hell come out for the next play or two. That would have been the case even when he was healthy.Weather in Jacksonville is another variable, with the forecast calling for mostly sunny skies and highs in the low-90s on Sunday. The hot, sticky weather in Green Bay on Tuesday forced the Packers indoors for practice because of morning rain.I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of guys are rotating to stay fresh, Nelson said. But no, I feel great. Practice today felt great. Ive done a lot on my own to get ready. So I dont think it will honestly be an issue.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Genaro Armas at: https://twitter.com/GArmasAP Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: