Adidas Dustin Tokarski Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Nov 11 '18

WINNIPEG Adidas Tom Kuhnhackl Jersey , Manitoba (AP) — Kyle Connor doesn’t want to get worked up about his hot start to the season.Connor scored for a third straight game and the Winnipeg Jets overcame Ilya Kovalchuk’s first NHL goal in five years to beat the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 on Tuesday night.“Trying not (to get) too high or too low throughout the season,” Connor said. “It’s a long season here. But playing with confidence is a big thing for me.”Mark Scheifele also scored and Connor Hellebuyck made 16 saves for the Jets, who outshot the Kings 39-17.“The guys were really good in front of me, so I could just enjoy the game,” Hellebuyck said.Jack Campbell, replacing injured starter Jonathan Quick, stopped 37 shots in his ninth career game.Quick suffered a lower-body injury during practice last Saturday. Campbell got the nod Sunday and backstopped the Kings to a 4-2 win over Detroit.“(Campbell) comes in tough spots and the team doesn’t play well in front of you, but he still gives you a chance to get a point at the end of the day, so it’s terrific Adidas Matt Martin Jersey ,” Kings coach John Stevens said.“But you can’t play the game on your heels. You just sit back and let a team come at you, they’re going to make you play in your end a lot.”Kovalchuk got his first goal since returning from Russia with the Kings this season on a three-year deal. It was the 418th of his career.The 35-year-old Kovalchuk got behind Winnipeg’s defensemen, skated to the net and redirected Drew Doughty’s pass at 6:26 of the opening period for a 1-0 lead.“I prefer to win than score goals,” Kovalchuk said. “It wasn’t enough so we will be better next game.”The Jets tied it four minutes later when forward Brandon Tanev spun away from a defender along the boards and sent a quick pass to the slot for Scheifele’s first goal of the season at 10:59.The Jets had almost back-to-back power plays near the midway point of the second period and were successful on the second one when Connor poked the puck in with his stick after Blake Wheeler’s shot went off Campbell and began heading toward the goal line at 10:21.Winnipeg’s shot advantage in the second was 19-5.Los Angeles had its first power play of the game midway through the third, but Hellebuyck made a big save and then got a piece of another shot that hit the crossbar.Winnipeg defenseman Tyler Myers was called for high-sticking with 3:02 remaining. Campbell went to the bench with about 90 seconds left to make it 6-on-4 but couldn’t convert with the advantage.UP NEXTKings: Play the second game of their four-game trip in Montreal on Thursday night.Jets: Travel to Nashville for a game Thursday night. MONTREAL (AP) With some top veterans sitting out, the youngsters took center stage for the playoff-bound Winnipeg Jets.Sami Niku scored in his first NHL game and Kyle Connor got his 30th goal of the season in overtime and the Jets downed the Montreal Canadiens 5-4 on Tuesday night.Add to that Patrik Laine’s 44th of the season to move only two behind Washington’s Alex Ovechkin for the NHL lead.”Any goal you score in this league is great, but overtime, and the way we stuck with it the whole game, it’s awesome Adidas Anthony Beauvillier Jersey ,” said 21-year-old Connor. ”This group is so good.”We all push each other every day.”Nikolaj Ehlers, with his 29th, and Jack Roslovic also scored for the Jets, who reached 50 wins and moved within three points of first place overall and Central Division rival Nashville with two games remaining for both clubs. The Jets finish the regular season with home games Thursday against Calgary and Saturday against Chicago.Winnipeg, which ended a four-game road trip, had already established a club record for wins in a season. The Jets have won nine of their past 10 games.Alex Galchenyuk forced overtime with a power-play goal at 18:18 of the third period. Artturi Lehkonen, Paul Byron and Kerby Rychel also scored for Montreal in its last home game of the season.”I liked the way we kept working hard and got back in the game,” Canadiens coach Claude Julien said.The lineups had a preseason look as the Jets rested Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler Adidas Scott Mayfield Jersey , Adam Lowry, Jacob Trouba and Josh Morrissey with what were called minor injuries. And Montreal has regularly been using several minor league call-ups of late.”We’re so deep, you can see,” Connor said.The Jets were all over Montreal early and got the lead at 12:25 on a power play when Laine wired a goal to the top corner with an off-wing shot. Ehlers finished a 3-on-1 by knocking in Paul Stastny’s pass at 14:19.Roslovic one-timed Tucker Poolman’s pass along the ice from the left faceoff dot to score at 15:58, but Montreal got it back at 19:00 when Lehkonen picked up a loose puck in the slot and beat Steve Mason.Byron reached the 20-goal mark for a second straight season as he banged in Brendan Gallagher’s rebound 3:19 into the third period and Rychel tied it 3-3 with a deflection after a faceoff in the Winnipeg zone at 10:15.Only 24 seconds later, Niku scored on a wrist shot through traffic from the slot.”The puck was coming and I shot and I think it was lucky,” Niku said. ”I think it hit one of their players.”It was really nice to play my first game at the Bell Centre. Montreal is such a big hockey town.”Montreal was on a power play and had Carey Price pulled for an extra attacker when Galchenyuk’s shot from the right circle was juggled by Mason and dropped into the net with 1:42 left in regulation.Connor one-timed Roslovic’s pass for the game-winner three minutes into overtime.It was the 557th game for Price, who passed Jacques Plante for the Canadiens record for games played by a goaltender. A video tribute was played at 6:13 of the first period with messages from goaltending greats Ken Dryden and Patrick Roy and an emotionally moved Price got a long ovation. Plante has the team record for wins with 314.”Nobody enjoys losing, it wasn’t a lot of fun this year Adidas Dustin Tokarski Jersey , but it’s nice knowing that we have the support,” said Price, who stayed out the longest as the players signed autographs for fans after the game.”Obviously it’s tough when things aren’t going good, but there’s no better place when things are going well and that’s just a taste of it.”UP NEXT:Jets: Host Flames on Thursday.Canadiens: Travel to Detroit to face the Red Wings on Thursday.—

Share: