prompting a lengthy argument from As manager Bob Melvin. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 2 '17
CLEVELAND -- Before leaving frigid Progressive Field, Nick Swisher delivered a final message in his signature style. Eric Bledsoe Jersey . "Happy Bro-pening day everyone," he yelled. Swisher made the Indians home opener one to remember. Clevelands first baseman with the infectious attitude hit a two-run homer in the sixth inning, two batters after Yan Gomes connected for a solo shot, leading the Indians to a 7-2 home-opening win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday. Swishers homer off Mike Pelfrey (0-1) allowed the Indians to cap a day of pomp and pageantry as they celebrated Progressive Fields 20th anniversary. Before the sixth, the Indians had been shut out by Pelfrey and were in danger of disappointing a sellout crowd that stuck around following a 2-hour, 13-minute rain delay and plummeting temperatures. But Swisher, who added a run-scoring double in Clevelands four-run seventh, helped the Indians win their first home opener since 2008. "I was just so proud of the way the guys fought, man," Swisher said. "Maybe that will be the identity of this team -- the fact that were gonna fight. And regardless of the situation or the obstacle in front of us, were always gonna take that head-on." Indians reliever Josh Outman (1-0) recorded two outs after coming in for starter Danny Salazar in the sixth and got the win. Michael Brantley hit a two-run single in the seventh for the Indians, who were flat and hitless through four innings. But Gomes and Swisher woke the Indians up in the sixth when they finally figured out Pelfrey. "Guys were talking in the dugout and theres the fifth inning, were down 2-0, havent even gotten a hit at that point," Swisher said. "Guys were saying, Hey, we stick around long enough, were gonna get this. And thats a great feeling to have." Chris Colabello homered for the Twins, who jumped on Salazar for two runs in the first inning and were coasting toward a win when Pelfrey fell apart. "It kind of ruins the whole day, no matter how the first four innings went," Pelfrey said. "The game got away from me. It was kind of like a kick in the stomach." Gomes got things started in the sixth with his leadoff homer, a lined shot into the centre-field bullpen to trim Minnesotas lead to 2-1. Lonnie Chisenhall walked and Nyjer Morgan sacrificed. Up came Swisher, who fell behind 0-1 before belting his homer, a towering fly pushed deeper into the right-field seats by the gusty winds. Swisher posed to watch the balls flight and then punctuated the homer by flipping his bat as he headed down the first-base line. After crossing home plate, the Ohio native saluted Clevelands crowd by raising his arms and making an "O" and then "H" an "I" and "O." It was typical Swisher -- animated and enthusiastic. "I think everybody gets a kick out of it," Indians manager Terry Francona said of Swishers theatrics. "Maybe not the other team. But I think our guys like it." Said Swisher: "Im going to be who I am." Before the game, Swisher complimented Clevelands front office for signing All-Star second baseman Jason Kipnis to a six-year, $52.5 million contract hours before the opener. "Bro, I think its awesome, so amazing," he said. "I feel that were starting to create an identity of who we are." That process began last season, when the Indians won their last 10 games to make the playoffs for the first time since 2007. They lost the wild-card game to Tampa Bay, but Cleveland entered this season with expectations to go even further this October. Until then, Swisher wants everyone to stay warm. "Everybody go home and get a hot cocoa," he said. NOTES: Cleveland has won seven straight over Minnesota. ... Kipnis signing means 16 of the 25 players on the Indians roster are signed through at least 2016. ... Twins manager Ron Gardenhire has a special fondness for Progressive Field, known as Jacobs Field for most of its history. "I love this place," he said. "Its a beautiful atmosphere with the city in the background and the dude banging on the drum out there. Not too many ballparks have fans sitting right next to your dugout in a glassed-in area offering you a beer." ... Former Indians manager Mike Hargrove threw out the ceremonial first pitch, skipping it to first-base coach Sandy Alomar, who played for Hargrove. Kevin Johnson Jersey .com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Brandon Knight Jersey .J. - Percy Harvin is ready to go, and theres no question in his mind hell be playing Sunday. LAS VEGAS -- Dutch heavyweight Stefan (Skyscraper) Struve, slated to make a comeback Saturday after a heart scare, was scratched from his UFC 175 bout with Matt Mitrione after blacking out while warming up. "Stefan Struve suffered a non-life-threatening, near-fainting spell backstage," the UFC said in a statement during the fight card. "Afterwards, the medical team did not feel he was fit to compete. With his health and safety in mind, hes been removed from the card and is currently under the care of the medical staff." After the card, UFC president Dana White said Struve was "doing great" and had been cleared by doctors. "He had something like a panic attack," he told the post-fight news conference. "He almost blacked out, he started hyper-ventilating, his blood pressure dropped. I dont know, just one of those weird things." White said Struve had to ponder his fighting future. "He needs to do some soul-searching. Hes a super-talented guy. Hes a great guy, we love the guy. I dont know, well see where he goes from here." Struve, meanwhile, tweeted he was fine. "Just want to let everybody know Im OK, had a blackout in the locker room and we had to call the fight off, thanks for the love folks!" White said both Struve and Mitrione would get their basic purse. "I found out what happened and went to talk to Stefan," Mitrione said in a statement. "He was still in his chair and was very apologetic. Hes such a competitor. Obviously health and safety come ffirst. Grant Hill Jersey. " The six-foot-11 Struves MMA career appeared over last year when he was diagnosed with a rare heart condition. Given the OK to resume fighting by his doctors in the Netherlands and the UFCs cardiologist, Struve (29-6) was looking forward to returning to the cage. Struve was also cleared by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. "It looks good," Struve said in a pre-fight interview, "I just need to do checkups two times a year with my doctors in Holland and two times a year with my doctors in L.A. "Thats no problem for me. I actually like that I know for sure that my heart is healthy." The 26-year-old Struve, ranked 12th among heavyweight contenders, last fought in March 2013 when he suffered a broken jaw in a knockout loss to hard-hitting Mark Hunt in Japan. He returned to training some three months later. But he blacked out briefly while at his parents home and went to hospital to be checked out. A stress ultrasound test, which uses high frequency sound waves to examine the hearts anatomy and function, found the heart issue. Struve was diagnosed with a leaking aortic valve, as well an enlarged heart. It meant that his heart was only pumping 60 per cent of his blood into the aorta and then the rest of his body. The remaining 40 per cent was ending up back in the heart chamber. Doctors used medication to control his blood pressure and the demands on his heart. Struve says he will probably have to undergo surgery at some point but hopes to do it after his fighting career. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: