What players and coaches are saying ahead of the Raiders , Broncos week two match-up | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Nov 5 '18

This Sunday the  http://www.raiderscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-derrick-johnson-jerseyRaiders will be looking to rebound as they head to Denver to battle the division rival Broncos. The Raiders have had a sour taste in their mouth all week after a complete second half meltdown on Monday night football.The Broncos opened the 2018 campaign with a 27-24, home victory over the Seattle Seahawks.Sports Authority Field at Mile High has not been a great place to play for the Raiders.The Broncos have won five of the last six home games versus the Raiders.Derek Carr in particular has struggled in his three career games at Denver.Carr has a 1-2 record in mile high, averaging 145 yards passing, completing only 48 percent of his passes.Let’s not forget it was in Denver, last season when Derek Carr left the game early after suffering a transverse process fracture.A key to the game will be how the Raiders left and right tackles hold up against edge rushers Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.The duo combined for three and half sacks in week one.The reviews were positive for rookie left tackle, Kolton Miller and Donald Penn, as he makes the transition to right tackle.One other interesting thing to keep an eye on is the return of Martavis Bryant.Coach Gruden said earlier in the week, “We’ll see where he is in terms of his assignments. We’re going to give him plenty of opportunity to play.”This game is critical not only because the Raiders don’t want to get off to a 0-2 start but also because it’s a divisional game.Let’s take a look at what players and coaches from both teams are saying about the match up.Head Coach Jon Gruden, when asked if anything stood out about the Broncos on tape.“Keenum. I think Case Keenum at the end of the year might be the No. 1 acquisition in football. I think he’s a great quarterback. What he did last year, the performance that he had down in Minnesota.He solidifies them at that position. They struggled last year. They went through a lot of different quarterbacks. I know he had couple of interceptions last week, but this kid can really play. He’s a great competitor. They have outstanding receivers. Look, they’ve always had a great defense. When they have had stability at quarterback, they’ve proven they can win a world championship. We’ll have our hands full, I know that. We’re excited to get ready.”Derek Carr Gabe Jackson Jersey , on the challenges the Denver defense presents.“I mean obviously you got to protect. You got to protect against Von and do those things. Myself, I got to take care of the ball with their good defensive backs. Whenever you play a team like this, it’s always about the ball. You got to take care of the football which is something we have been able to do well around here for some years. Something we can do better though. Obviously, after last week. We will. We are going to do that better. Making sure that you stay on schedule because you get in those long distances, let their cover guys cover and let Von come off the edge free and those kinds of things. Now they have Bradley Chubb, a top five pick, who is a good player. It’s kind of similar when they had DeMarcus and Von. They have another rusher and Von鈥nd they try and take some pressure off him. You just got to take care of the ball and stay on schedule. The normal, clich茅 things that are actually really good coaching points that you have to do.”Offensive coordinator Greg Olson on what Raiders tackles are up against facing Denver’s pass rushers“Big challenge, obviously, last week for our interior guys against the Rams. Against the Broncos certainly those edge players, both Donald and Kolton will have their hands full. I just had mentioned to Donald out on the practice field, we felt as a coaching staff that he really didn’t look out of place at right tackle. We thought there might be some growing pains but really from the first day that we moved him there he looked natural playing the right tackle position. In conversations I had with him he said, ‘I still don’t feel completely comfortable.’ He said, ‘I felt better than I thought I would initially.’ We were happy with how he played. He played aggressive. He played the entire game but looked natural at the right tackle.”Von Miller Cheap Derek Carr Jersey , on what he has seen from tackles, Kolton Miller and Donald Penn.“Donald Penn can play any position on the line. 77 is a beast. He was the best tackle in this year’s draft. I’ve always said the Raiders have the best offensive line in football. They made it a whole lot better with the Miller kid.”Broncos Head Coach Vance Joseph, when asked if the addition of Martavis Bryant affects how you prepare for the Raiders offense.“Well, I mean he gives them a serious vertical threat. I mean this guy over the years has made big plays in the screen game and obviously on the long ball. I faced him six or seven times when I coached in Cincinnati and he always made a big play on us. He’s obviously a matchup problem so we have to have a plan when he is in the game to play him top-down.”Silver Mining 9/25: Gruden says team has ‘ways to go’, Raiders need new kicker Raiders newsRaiders’ Jon Gruden: “We have a ways to go” | SFGateHead coach Jon Gruden wore an expression equal parts shock and disgust Sunday on the sideline, as his Raiders let another second-half lead evaporate in their 28-20 loss to Miami. One day later, Gruden occasionally struck a philosophical tone, clearly trying to balance his simmering frustration with the need to stay upbeat.Raiders, Texans headline NFL teams with early reason to panic | NFL.comJon Gruden's Raiders are 0-3. As are Bill O'Brien's Texans. Meanwhile, the 49ers are suddenly down in the dumps and the Cowboys look listless. Who has legit cause for concern? Who needs to just take a deep breath? Adam Schein assesses the panic scale.Oakland Raiders: Mark Davis must own Gruden, McKenzie issue | Mercury NewsThere's strife in the Raiders' facility and the only one who can fix it is the man who set it in motion.Mike Nugent has hip injury, Raiders look to sign new kicker this week | Silver and Black PrideNow Nugent is injured. The veteran kicker suffered a hip injury in the team’s game in Miami, and Jon Gruden is concerned he may not be able to go against the Browns this week. Unlike some positions, there is no backup kicker Rodney Hudson Jersey , so when the kicker can’t go, a replacement must be added.The Morning After: Red Zone failings doom Raiders in loss to Miami Dolphins | Silver and Black PrideIf the Raiders were more effective in the red zone against the Dolphins they would have never even come close to losing this game. That isn’t to let the defense completely off the hook though, they did allow themselves to be embarrassed on two tricky plays from the Dolphins when the game was on the line.Raiders week three snap counts vs Dolphins: Clinton McDonald leads all defensive linemen, registers team’s only sack | Silver and Black PrideIt’s rather surprising to see considering McDonald was cut by the Broncos in the final roster cuts and wasn’t picked up by a team. It just shows you the lack of depth on the Raiders defensive line, due in part to the injuries to Justin Ellis (foot) and PJ Hall (ankle).Raiders’ Jon Gruden on Khalil Mack: ‘It’s Hard to Trade One of the Best Players’ | Bleacher ReportOakland could use a pass-rushing piece like Mack considering it is last in the league with three sacks. Opposing quarterbacks have enjoyed plenty of time to sit back in the pocket and wait for routes to develop, which is a major reason the Raiders are struggling.AFC WestIs Denver’s first loss an anomaly or harbinger of things to come? | Mile High ReportBut then you look at the schedule and see what looms for Denver. In two of the next three games, it plays host to the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams. Given how the Broncos looked on the road in Baltimore, the New York Jets is no guaranteed win either. But those two games in particular against the Chiefs and Rams will tell us a lot about this team. When you take a more expansive look at what looms for Denver, a 2-3 record in the next five games is the best case scenario.Kansas City Chiefs stand as early favorites over Denver Broncos | 247sports.comAccording to lines from Sportsline.com, the Chiefs as of Monday stood as 4.5-point favorites over the Broncos after the line opened at 3.5. The over/under for the game stood at 55. Kiszla vs. O’Halloran: Is the Broncos’ quest to win the AFC West dead with a loss to Kansas City? | Denver PostEven if the Broncos lose to Kansas City, it doesn’t mean their division hopes are dashed. Remember, the Chiefs started 5-0 last year before losing six of their next seven games. Any team coached by Andy Reid has a chance to be a come-from-ahead-to-lose story.Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs look a lot like 2014-15 Stephen Curry, Warriors | SF ChronicleQuarterback Patrick Mahomes plays the role of Curry. Remember how Curry took off as a superstar that season when he was handed the keys to rookie head coach Steve Kerr’s dynamic new offense?Los Angeles Chargers should trade for Seahawks Earl Thomas | Bolt BeatThere are other issues that need to be addressed also. Take a look at the backside of this defense at safety. It has been awesome to see Derwin James shine on the field and he is a superstar in the making. He is going to be an elite player in this game for years to come. The problem is at the other safety position. In order for this secondary to live up to this JackBoyz moniker that they have coined http://www.raiderscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-tahir-whitehead-jersey , they need to find someone that can play free safety.Chiefs continue to inquire about trade for Earl Thomas | NFL.comA team source on Monday told NFL.com’s Jeffri Chadiha that the Chiefs continue to inquire about a trade for Thomas but admits it would be difficult pull off. The source said the interest in Thomas is not related to any concerns over the health of Eric Berry.NFL NewsBig Ben, Steelers withstand Fitz’s rally to beat Bucs | NFL.comWhew, that was close. The Pittsburgh Steelers escaped disaster on Monday night, withstanding a furious second-half comeback from Ryan Fitzpatrick to defeat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 30-27.Jimmy Garoppolo suffers season-ending torn ACL | NFL.comSan Francisco’s darkest fears have become reality: Jimmy Garoppolo’s season is over.It’s official: Baker Mayfield named starting quarterback for Browns after impressive debut | CBS SportsMayfield entered with 1:45 to go in the second quarter and completed his first three passes for 47 yards, and set up a field goal. That was a prelude of what was to come; he went 14 of 19 for 154 yards over the final 30 minutes and lead the Browns to a 21-17 victory, their first win in 635 days.Josh Rosen will replace Sam Bradford as Cardinals starting QB, team announces | Yahoo SportsRosen replaced utterly ineffective Sam Bradford in the final minutes of the Arizona Cardinals’ Week 3 loss to the Chicago Bears. Although Rosen couldn’t pull off a comeback win, he was put in a terrible position by his coaches and they understood that Bradford couldn’t start again this week for an 0-3 team.Steelers now listening to trade offers for Le’Veon Bell | NFL.comThe Steelers have received a few inquiries from teams looking to trade for the franchised running back, and they have not shot those down as they once did, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Share: