"Ill still have an opportunity | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 1 '17
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic -- Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek won the doubles for the defending champion Czech Republic to take a 2-1 lead over the Netherlands in the Davis Cup first round on Saturday. Yoenis Cespedes Jersey . The Czechs defeated Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (2), 7-6 (4) in almost four hours on an indoor hard court at CEZ Arena to improve to a 15-1 record in the cup doubles. The Dutch were trailing 2-0 in the fourth set before coming back and saving three break points at 5-5 after Haase double-faulted twice but the home pair converted their second match point in the tiebreaker with Haase sending a volley too long. "It was the toughest game we have played," Berdych said. "It was extremely hard for us. They were excellent." It was the first defeat in the cup doubles for Haase and Rojer following four victories. "We had our chances but our opponents were unbelievable," Stepanek said "We had to fight till the end." The Czechs, seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, are one win away from the quarterfinals while the Dutch must win both reverse singles on Sunday to reach the quarters for the first time since 2005. On Sunday, Berdych plays Haase then Stepanek faces Igor Sijsling. The winner of the best-of-five series will face either Canada or Japan in April. Berdych and Stepanek saved five set points in the 10th game of the opening set before they broke Haase, and Stepanek served the set out. The Dutch pair wasted 10 break opportunities in the set. In the second set, Stepanek failed to hold his serve in the fourth game and Berdych double-faulted to do likewise, allowing the Dutch to race to a commanding 5-1 lead. Haase hit an ace on the first set point. Berdych was broken again in the seventh game of the third set when his forehand volley hit the net but the Dutch let the Czechs come back after wasting three set points and Haase failed to serve the set out in the 10th game. The Dutch still forced a tiebreaker after saving three set points. Haase became furious when the Czechs jumped to 4-1 for no clear reason, hitting the net three times with his racket before the Czechs prevailed 7-2 with Berdychs backhand volley winner. Berdych had to be treated for a back problem when trailing 5-4 in the third set but said it was not serious. Keith Hernandez Jersey . "Im not doing enough to help them," Durant told The Oklahoman on Monday of his 28-9 team. "Im shooting too much. Im shooting too many threes. Im not helping them out at all. Tim Tebow Jersey . - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday.AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Mark Martin said Friday he has no plans to race beyond next weeks season finale at Homestead. But the 54-year-old shied away from announcing an official retirement Friday when discussing his NASCAR future. "Lets just dont talk about it," he said. "On the plus side of things, its not like Im going to go hide. Ive got 40 years invested in this sport and Ive had tunnel vision the whole 40 years. I wont be at every race, but Ill be at races and Ill still be involved in the sport. "My life is going to change and its going to open a new chapter, and I expect to have a lot broader windshield and be a lot less wound tight and tunnel-visioned." Martin plans to work in an undefined role with Stewart-Haas Racing, which for now calls for him to test the No. 14 Chevrolet until injured driver Tony Stewart can race again. Stewart is expected to return from a broken leg in time for the season-opening Daytona 500. But Martin said he has turned down every opportunity to race competitively next season. "I have shot every inquiry down that Ive had for any of the top three divisions for 2014," he said. Travis dArnaud Jersey. "Ive shot them down because I havent been interested in doing that." Martin said hes ready for the next phase of his life. Considered by many to be the best driver never to win a Cup championship, Martin has 40 wins and will make his 881st career start Sunday at Phoenix. He has finished second in the standings five times, most recently 2009, when he returned to a full Cup schedule after racing a partial season for two years. Martins original schedule for this season expanded when he agreed to be Stewarts injury replacement. Hell have run 28 of the 36 races next week, and said hes ready to clear his head during the off-season. "Im kind of tired. I might not make the best decisions right now," he said. "Ill still have an opportunity to satisfy my competitive fire and still be able to be involved in the sport at whatever level I want to be. And well let that kind of materialize as we move forward past Homestead." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: