But the biggest thing is I dont want it to get worse | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Oct 15 '18
Novak Djokovic has historically basked in the glow of the spotlight at the Londons O2 Arena, but for Andy Murray, the glare during the ATP World Tour Finals has usually been harsh, exposing his weaknesses and shortcomings. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Angel-Correa-Jersey/ .It might be a different story for the new world No. 1 this year.On Monday, Murray launched his campaign to consolidate the No. 1 ranking he lifted from Djokovics hands a little more than a week ago in Paris. He crushed Marin Cilic in the first match of the round-robin stage, 6-3, 6-2, in an hour and a half. Afterward, Murray admitted in his on-court interview, Its one of the best matches I have played here.It also was one of the most timely demonstrations of the hardworking 29-year-old Scots rewarding, but often frustrating, career.Like Rafael Nadal, a fellow member of the Big Four, Murray has never won the eight-man ATP grand finale. Unlike Nadal, Murray hasnt even made a final at the year-enders despite his expertise on hard courts. Its surprising when you consider the adulation from a besotted British crowd beaming down at him and the hybrid round-robin format that allows a player various backdoor ways to advance.Murray has qualified for nine finals (eight at the palatial O2 Arena), but his win against Cilic barely nudged him over the .500 mark in his year-end career (12-11). Murrays 6-0, 6-1 loss to 33-year-old Roger Federer in 2014 was a career low point -- and a painful embarrassment.Meanwhile, Djokovic is working on his fifth consecutive and sixth overall WTF title.The O2 arena is basically deep enemy territory for Murray. Djokovic has every right to pound his chest (as we know, hes not above it) and bellow, This is MY house! Chez Djokovic isnt exactly the place Murray would choose to turn his fortunes around, but recent events have conspired to turn this tournament into just that -- a showdown for the No. 1 ranking, as well as the even more precious year-end No. 1 ranking.Murray is the 26th man to reach No. 1 on the ATP computer. But only 16 have finished a calendar year as top man. Murray needs to go one round further than Djokovic (or to beat him in the final) to secure the honors.Until he actually became No. 1, Murray had been protesting that hitting the summit was not really his goal this fall. He declared he might have a better shot at in next spring. Far from the O2 Arena. Far from Chez Djokovic.Forget the prattle about how tough everyone is in the draw; this one was a gift handed to the beleaguered Djokovic. He is 24-0 against the three other players in his group --?Milos Raonic, Dominic Thiem (whom Djokovic beat Sunday) and Gael Monfils.Meanwhile, Murray was a solid but vulnerable 27-12 against the men in his field --?Stan Wawrinka, Kei Nishikori and Cilic. To top it off, Cilic hit his career-high ranking of No. 7 just a week ago, and he hammered Murray in the Cincinnati final the last time they met.I dont feel any different this week than I did the week before when I get up in the morning and stuff, Murray said in the pretournament news conference in London.It was an uh-oh moment, saved only when he almost grudgingly elaborated on the effect of becoming the top player: Maybe when you step on court, you have a little more confidence, feel a little better about yourself when youre hitting balls and getting ready for the tournament.That confidence showed in his match with Cilic. Although Murray got off to a rocky start, smacking errant forehands and jabbering at his players guest box, he soon settled down, breaking Cilic to take a 3-1 lead. Murray won 59 percent of his second-serve points, and his aggressive return game paid off with four breaks in five break-point chances. Cilic also had five break points but converted just one.Murray attributed his sharp response to critical moments to the confidence he has accumulated in the course of a winning streak that now stands at 20 matches. Hell probably need to puff himself up even more assertively in the coming days because of the stakes in play.Winning this event is a very tall order for Murray, but he has been handling such demands with great resolve all fall. He has landed more squarely in the spotlight than ever before -- and the glare didnt seem nearly as bleak on Monday. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Thomas-Lemar-Jersey/ .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Juanfran-Jersey/ . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Thomas-Partey-Jersey/ . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. CHICAGO -- A thin backcourt keeps getting thinner for the Los Angeles Lakers.Last week, the Lakers lost 20-year-old point guard DAngelo Russell to a left knee injury that could sideline him for a couple more weeks. Now, shooting guard Nick Young will miss 2-4 weeks with a strained calf muscle Tuesday in a loss against the New Orleans Pelicans.Young underwent an MRI on Wednesday before the Lakers (9-10) visit the Chicago Bulls (10-6). In the meantime, look for Jose Calderon and Jordan Clarkson to lead the backcourt during the second road game in as many nights for Los Angeles.You do your best -- I know its a cliche -- but literally trying to take it one game at a time, first-year Lakers coach Luke Walton told the Los Angeles Times.Meanwhile, the Bulls are grateful to wake up in their own beds after a grueling six-game road trip that spanned the West Coast before crisscrossing the country to Philadelphia. Chicago won four of six games on the trip and surpassed 100 points in each of its past three contests.The Bulls return to their home court for the first time since Nov. 12. The team is 4-1 at the United Center this season, with its only setback coming against the New York Knicks.The Lakers and Bulls meet for the second time in the 11 days. Chicago outlasted Los Angeles 118-110 on Nov. 20 at the Staples Center as guard Jimmy Butler erupted for 40 points.Butler has played like a superstar in his first season alongside free-agent addition Dwyane Wade. Butler is averaging 25.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.1 assists in his first 16 contests.The buoyant 27-year-old told reporters he looked forward to competing againstt the Lakers and veteran forward Luol Deng, Butlers friend and former teammate. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Diego-Costa-Jersey/. . Deng served as a mentor for Butler, whom the Bulls drafted with the final pick of the first round in 2011.The way I look at it, I owe him a little bit, Butler said with a sly smile to the Chicago Tribune. Thats why Im going to show him the protege is doing it.Wade said Butlers emergence was real.This is not a facade, Wade said to the Chicago Tribune. This is not luck. This is the way he can play night in and night out. He understands that now. Once you reach that level, its a big responsibility to stay there. But he wants to, and he has all the tools to do it.Reserve guard Lou Williams led the Lakers with 25 points against the Bulls in the teams first meeting. Forward Larry Nance Jr. added 18 points off the bench.Los Angeles lost five of its past seven games to slip below .500. Waltons team is searching for its first win against the Bulls since Jan. 29, 2015.Lakers forward Julius Randle returned Tuesday after missing the previous three games because of a hip-pointer injury. Randle scored 12 points and pulled down 10 rebounds in 22 minutes.I dont have to be pain-free, (but) Im just trying to figure out a way around it, Randle told the Los Angeles Times. But the biggest thing is I dont want it to get worse.Bulls guard Doug McDermott is expected to miss his seventh consecutive game as he recovers from a concussion. He returned to practice this week but has not been cleared for contact drills. Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Youth NFL Jerseys China White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Disocunt Football Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '
Share: