Veteran defender Renato Civelli got Lilles goal. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Oct 15 '18
CHICAGO -- Nothing about the first two plays of the drive offered any indication that?Aaron Rodgers was about to do something special. Valtteri Filppula Jersey . Then again, the Green Bay Packers have seen this before without warning from their MVP quarterback.Packers coach Mike McCarthy decided not to settle for overtime, despite facing third-and-11 from their own 26-yard line in a tie game?with under a minute remaining. That was when Rodgers hoisted a 60-yard rainbow pass to receiver?Jordy Nelson, setting up Mason Crosbys 32-yard?field goal as time expired to give the Packers a?30-27 win over the Chicago Bears on Sunday.We kind of fiddled around the first couple downs and made it a little more dramatic, Rodgers said. And then Jordy obviously with the great play, and Mason, the best kicker in the league, with the clutch [kick]. ... It was ... great.Rodgers even had the presence of mind to let as much time as possible tick off the clock before that throw so he wouldnt leave the Bears with much time if the deep shot play didnt work and the Packers were forced to punt.The Bears have seen this act before, too. Rodgers beat them with a 48-yard touchdown pass to Randall Cobb in the final minute of the 2013 regular-season finale. Rodgers connected on remarkable Hail Mary passes last season, too -- a 61-yard touchdown on an untimed down against the Detroit Lions and a bomb to Jeff Janis?to force overtime in a playoff loss to the Arizona Cardinals.I mean, its Aaron Rodgers, Bears cornerback Tracy Porter said. He makes that team go. He makes that team tick. Hes earned the right at times to make that playcall. Maybe McCarthy called the play.Either way, Porter knew it was coming.I kind of had a feeling that they didnt want to go to overtime, he said. They were trying to win the game. So they were going to try to take a shot at some point. I kind of told the guys to keep their antennas up.Even so, Nelson beat Bears rookie cornerback CreVon LeBlanc and threw his hand up in the air to make sure Rodgers saw him.I saw Jordy put his hand out, figured that the safety on the back side hadnt rolled to the middle, so they were playing a quarters look, Rodgers said. I tried to put enough air on it for him to run underneath it, and thats what he does. He makes those kinds of catches. I was teasing him earlier in the game -- we missed on a couple deep ones: one, it looked like he had his hands on it; one, I kind of underthrew him -- that we were going to have to hit one before the end of the game. Sure enough, we did.In 2015 and 2016, Rodgers has completed four passes of 40-plus yards in the final two minutes of regulation, including playoffs. The rest of the NFL has two completed two, according to ESPN Stats & Information.We talk all the time -- all we need is time and downs, Nelson said. Obviously, Aaron showed it last year with the Hail Mary in Detroit. We dont even need time, we just need downs. Its one of those things -- as an offense, you just need another opportunity. If you can make a play like that and walk away with a win, thats all you need.And Rodgers did it all on a bum right calf that prevented him from practicing much -- if at all -- last week. He said he came out no worse for the wear, I dont think.It actually felt a little better as the game wore on and had some heat on it, said Rodgers, who did not throw a touchdown pass, snapping a streak of eight straight games with two or more, but completed 19-of-31 for 252 yards. As the adrenaline got going, I felt like I was able to do a little more than I expected coming into the game, so I definitely didnt take any steps back. Brian Elliott Jersey . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Andrew MacDonald Jersey . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. http://www.flyersauthority.com/authentic-radko-gudas-flyers-jersey/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. PARIS -- Striker Mario Balotelli was rested to protect a sore hip and his replacement Alassane Plea scored the winner as Nice beat struggling Nancy 1-0 Sunday to stay top of the French league.Keeping Thursdays Europa League match at Russian side Krasnodar in mind, Nice coach Lucien Favre thought it best to leave out Balotelli and put other regulars on the bench.Marios hip was hurting so it was too risky ... Well see for Thursday, Favre said. We have a long trip to Krasnodar and the Europa League will take its toll for sure.Balotelli has made a strong start to his career in France, scoring four goals in two league games -- two on his debut against Marseille and two well-taken goals in a 4-0 midweek win against Monaco.Favre has spoken of how the Italian forward, who is reviving his career in France after a failed stint in England with Liverpool and a dismal loan spell at AC Milan, still needs to regain full fitness.This time, Balotelli was not needed as Plea -- who scored when replacing Balotelli against Monaco on Wednesday night -- poked the ball in after midfielder Valentin Eysseric had clipped a pass over the defense.Nancys fans were again left feeling disappointed after a fourth defeat in seven matches, with the promoted club in 19th place.Nice is one point clear of French Riviera rival Monaco after seven games, three in front of Toulouse and four ahead of defending champion Paris Saint-Germain.Its magnificent to have 17 points after seven games, Favre said. But its the matches coming up that count.PSG lost 2-0 at Toulouse on Friday.---MARSEILLE 2, NANTES 1It was third time lucky for captain Bafetimbi Gomis, who struck Marseilles winner from the penalty spot after having missed two clear chances.After defender Enock Kwateng tripped him, Gomis slammed his spot kick straight down the middle in the 53rd minute.Florian (Thauvin) told me he wanted to take it, the 31-year-old Gomis saiid. Robert Hagg Jersey. But with all my experience, it was my responsibility.Marseilles past two defeats were by 3-2 scores, with Marseille leading 2-1 both times.This time Marseille rallied from 1-0 down to secure a much-needed victory.Nantes pressured heavily at the end, with midfielder Guillaume Gillet striking the crossbar.Earlier, Marseilles defense panicked on a third-minute corner as Polish striker Mariusz Stepinskis header was bundled into the net by forward partner Emiliano Sala.Clinton NJies first goal since joining on loan from English side Tottenham drew Marseille level in the 23rd, and it was a fine finish from 20 meters after Gomis instinctive flick sent him through.Moments later, Gomis curled wide from close range after shrugging off two defenders.I was too greedy on that chance, Gomis said. I wanted to put it far out of the goalies reach.Just after the restart, he was way wide with a spectacular diving header from a corner.Still, with five league goals in seven games since joining from Premier League side Swansea, Gomis is making his mark.---SAINT-ETIENNE 3, LILLE 1At 0-0 the match was going reasonably well for last-place Lille until defender Franck Beria wafted his hand in the air to block a pass over midfield.It was careless and costly, earning Beria a second yellow card. After his sending off in the 43rd minute, 10-man Lille conceded three second-half goals.No wonder under-pressure coach Frederic Antonetti shook his head in annoyance as Beria -- a veteran playing in his 10th season for Lille -- trudged off.Slovenia striker Robert Beric scored his third goal in four games, 18-year-old midfielder Arnaud Nordin got his first career goal and forward Nolan Roux added the third for seventh-place Lille.Veteran defender Renato Civelli got Lilles goal. Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Youth NFL Jerseys China White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Disocunt Football Jerseys China Womens NFL JerseysCheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '
Share: