it leaves a poor taste in your mouth. So were coming out extra motivated. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 28 '17
ANAHEIM, Calif. Rick Martin Jersey . -- The Ducks havent lost at home to the Calgary Flames since before the 2004-05 NHL lockout.The streaks start even predates Rick Carlyles first tenure with Anaheim.Ryan Kesler scored two power-play goals, Jonathan Bernier had 25 saves and the Ducks beat the Flames 4-1 for their 24th consecutive home win against Calgary.The victory broke the Philadelphia Flyers mark of 23 straight wins at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins from February 1980 through January 1987.Carlyle and the Ducks are mystified by the run, and captain Ryan Getzlaf said any streak is pretty amazing in this league.You string some wins together and maybe they dont feel as comfortable in this building, said Clayton Stoner, who scored the opening goal.Andrew Cogliano also scored for the Ducks.Alex Chiasson had a goal for the Flames, who have not won at Honda Center since Jan. 19, 2004. Chad Johnson made 17 saves.For us, we want to ride the wave. And for them, theyd like it to crash, right? said Carlyle, who returned this season for his second tenure as Ducks coach. He also led Anaheim from 2006-12.After Stoner and Chiasson scored in the first period, Kesler put the Ducks ahead 2-1 early in the second with his third power-play goal of the season. Kesler and Corey Perry were creating traffic in front of Johnson when Getzlaf passed in to Perry. The puck slid to Kesler at the top of the crease, and he lifted it in from there.Kesler got his other goal with 6:31 left in the third in similar fashion. Getzlaf shot into a screen set by Perry, and the puck again found Kesler atop the crease for a quick putback score.In between Keslers goals, Cogliano followed up his own miss on a 2-on-1 break to extend the Ducks lead to 3-1 7:54 into the second.Getzlaf had three assists, tying Teemu Selannes team record of 531 career assists. Getzlaf and Selanne played together for eight seasons, and the only Ducks player with his number retired sent Getzlaf a text message recently letting him know about the upcoming mark.Hes well aware of it. He bugs me, are you kidding me? Getzlaf said. Its a big honor for me to have spent as much of my career here as I have. Those things are a natural progression and hopefully they continue. Being up there with Tee is a big honor for me.Aside from a brief first-period flurry after veteran Deryk Engelland got into a fight with Jared Boll, the Flames had no answers for the second consecutive night after getting pasted 5-0 at Los Angeles.Its tough to win many games when you are not putting more than one in the net, Flames defenseman Mark Giordano said. We just got to find a way to score ugly ones.The Flames were outscored 16-5 during their four-game road trip.Game notes Getzlaf and LW Nick Ritchie returned to action after missing two games with upper-body injuries. ... Hunter Shinkaruk made his season debut for the Flames after C Lance Bouma suffered an upper-body injury against the Kings.UP NEXTFlames: Open a two-game homestand against Dallas on Thursday.Ducks: Open a three-game road trip at Columbus on Wednesday. Kyle Okposo Jersey . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Brian Gionta Jersey . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. http:///...sdorf-Adidas-Jersey/ . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. There was plenty of blame to go around for season-opening losses by the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills, but with three days between games and an AFC East rival ahead Thursday night in Week 2, each team turned the page quickly.Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman stood up and faced the music Monday afternoon, a day after his offense turned in one of the teams worst performances in recent memory.Buffalos total offense output of 160 yards was its worst in 10 years, and its lowest in a season opener since 1979. Roman accepted blame for a game plan that never got into sync.I will definitely take the blame myself, Roman said. I think I can do a better job putting us in positions to be successful.What was so odd about what took place in Buffalos 13-7 loss to the Baltimore Ravens is that Roman never allowed the Bills to get into any rhythm.Buffalo did take the last meeting in the series -- and the past five -- to bump the Jets out of the playoffs in the final week of the 2015 season.We know each other pretty well, Jets coach Todd Bowles said. Theyre still tough. Rex is smart. He understands the game very well.The most glaring issue Week 1 for the Bills was the lack of deep throws dialed up for Tyrod Taylor, something in which the quarterback excelled last season in his first year as the starter. His longest pass was a 33-yarder on a broken play to tight end Charles Clay, and the only other pass that topped 10 yards was a 19-yarder to Sammy Watkins.We werent able to get into a rhythm and take those shots when we wanted to, Roman said. We got a little bit disjointed. We have to stay on the field. When we do that, were pretty darn good.There were five instances in which the Bills faced second-and-8 or longer where Roman called for a run, and none of those plays produced a first down. Only once did Buffalo recover and get points, and that was on its lone touchdown drive in the second quarter.The Jets sacked Andy Dalton seven times but the Cincinnati Bengals rattled away a 23-22 win in Week 1.The job that stares Rooman in the face is trying to get the offense on track against one of the best defensive lines in the NFL in Thursday nights home opener against the Jets (8:25 p. Tyler Ennis Jersey. m. ET). Baltimore was stout in the front seven and did a great job overpowering the Bills offensive line, and things will likely get tougher in this game against the likes of Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams. Wilkerson, dealing with ankle and toe issues, has been limited in practice and is listed as questionable.They have so many good players up front, center Eric Wood said. All of us have to show up each play because any one of them can really embarrass you. Another tough test, and weve got to play better this week.And the Bills will have to do so without left tackle Cordy Glenn, who will miss the game with an ankle injury, while leading receiver Sammy Watkins (foot) is listed as questionable. Glenn played half the game last week before exiting. Cyrus Kouandjio took over and, like the rest of the line, struggled.To a man, the linemen are thrilled to be playing on Thursday night because it allowed them to quickly wash away that lousy performance in Baltimore. Wood said they were already working on the game plan on the flight back from Baltimore because of the time crunch, and he said it had a cleansing effect.I think it was a blessing in disguise to get that stinker out of the way and move on and have a great opponent like the Jets coming up, Bills guard Richie Incognito said. It was great to turn the page fast and get on to the Jets.We are a very prideful group and we know what were capable of and we didnt play up to our potential. When you have a poor showing like that early in the season it leaves a poor taste in your mouth. So were coming out extra motivated. Were fired up.Thursdays contest is the 111th regular-season meeting between the teams. Buffalo leads the series 59-51. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: