day and they finished in a tie for second at 11-under 277. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 8 '17
Former England captain Alan Shearer has criticised Roy Hodgson for omitting Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater from his Euro 2016 squad. Willie Roaf Jersey . Drinkwater was in Englands 26-man provisional squad for the tournament in France after playing a starring role in the Foxes stunning Premier League title win.He made the first of his three appearances for England against the Netherlands in March and played 35 times in the league for Claudio Ranieris side, who finished 10 points clear of second-placed Arsenal. But, alongside Andros Townsend and an injured Fabian Delph, Drinkwater was not selected by Hodgson when the 23-man squad was officially announced on Tuesday.Former Newcastle striker Shearer, who scored 30 goals in 63 appearances for England from 1992 to 2000, believes the 26-year-old should have been in the squad. Alan Shearer was a prolific goalscorer for England Its very harsh on Drinkwater to be left out, Shearer told Sky Sports News HQ.Hes been magnificent all season. If theres one guy that I thought deserved a place in the squad then I thought it would be him.Roy hasnt chosen him and I hope he doesnt come back to regret that.Drinkwaters omission means there are fewer defensive-minded players in Hodgsons squad, and Shearer says that is a concern heading into the European Championship, with England kicking off their first game against Russia on June 11. He added: Going forward I think we will definitely score goals but I do worry about us defensively.   Get Euro 2016 Alerts Breaking news from Euro 2016, direct to your mobile Also See: Bertrand sits out training England squad named Ultimate Euro 2016 guide Milner better than Bale? Clay Harbor Jersey . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. New Orleans Saints Jerseys . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers.BERLIN -- Gegard Mousasi forced Mark Munoz to tap out in the first round on Saturday in the main event of UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi at Germanys O2 World Berlin. Mousasi (35-4-2) showed resilience after a disappointing February loss to top contender Lyoto Machida. Munoz (13-5) wasted little time working inside for a takedown, but Mousasi showed ample defence, earning top position in an early scramble. Munoz eventually worked back to his feet, but Mousasi was always a step quicker with his movement and more accurate with his strikes. As Munoz continued to press for a takedown, Mousasi battered him with elbows and eventually moved to his opponents back. Bloodied and battered, Munoz tapped out at the 3:57 mark of the first round when Mousasi applied a rear-naked choke. "I worked a lot on the rear-naked choke and the guillotine," said Mousasi. "I set it up with punches, and I was able to get it. Hes a wrestler, so he always comes forward. I wanted to pick up the angles and slowly pick up the pressure." In the nights co-feature, C.B. Dolloway (15-5) made his case for a top-10 ranking with an impressive win over Frances Francis Carmont (22-9), a Tristar Gym fighter who lives in Montreal. Carmont used powerful strikes to batter Dolloway in the opening stages of the fight, kicking hard to the body and firing big right hands. Unfazed, Dolloway began to taunt his opponent and hang his chin before unleashing a crisp left hook that dropped Carmont to the floor. Dolloway pounced to finish, but Carmont quickly recovered and moved back to his feet. The two continued to trade strikes throughout an entertaining first round before Carmont scored a late takedown. However, Dolloway swept immediately to the top and finished the round in top position. Dolloway looked to work the body in the second, while Carmont continued to attack the legs and body with powerful kicks. Dolloway eventually worked inside for a takedown, moving to his opponents back and securing the dominant position. An alert Carmont tried to work for a kimura, but Dolloway kept his arm tucked and again finished the frame in a dominant position. In the third, Carmont initially looked for a takedown, but Dolloway defended the move and countered with one of his own. As blood trickled down his face, Dolloway advanced to his opponents back, but Carmont defended a choke attempt and worked back to his feet. A relentless Dollaway turned back to his wrestling, bringing the fight to the floor and movving quickly to mount. Craig Robertson Jersey. The pair scrambled for the remainder of the fight, but it was Dolloway who again was in top position at the bell. In the end, Dolloways effort was enough to earn him one of the biggest wins of his career by unanimous decision with scores of 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28. "Im exhausted, but I feel on top of the world," Dolloway said. "Francis was hard to get to, and he was a little bit more difficult to get past than I thought he would be. I took a while to adjust and to get into the fight. Now Ive just got to keep working. This is what I want, so Ive just got to keep on working to get there." In a middleweight matchup that failed to live up to expectations, Sean Strickland (15-0) earned a controversial split-decision win over Luke Barnatt (8-1). The contest played out at a moderate pace with neither athlete truly taking control of the pace. Strickland was the crisper striker in the early going, and scored an early takedown in the second frame. But along the way, Strickland suffered a broken hand, and it limited his offence for the rest of the contest. Barnatt picked up his offensive volume in the latter stages of the bout, but he never truly put together any significant combinations, and Strickland was awarded a split-decision win with scores of 28-29, 30-27 and 29-28. UFC president Dana White immediately posted on Twitter, stressing that he felt the wrong man was awarded the victory. "I should have pulled the trigger more," Strickland admitted after the win. "In the third round, I was pretty much useless. I know my cardio was there though, going into the fight, and I knew I could push the pace. I just gave Luke Barnatt a lot of respect. Hes a tough guy." In the nights first main-card contest, Swedish featherweight Niklas Backstrom (8-0) picked up a victory in his UFC debut, submitting Finnish veteran Tom Niinimaki (21-6-1) in the first round. Niinimaki worked hard to get the fight to the floor, but once there, Backstrom scrambled first for a guillotine choke and then transitioned to his opponents back. Once in place, Backstrom locked a sneaky rear-naked choke, forcing a tap from Niinimaki with 45 seconds left in the first round. "Life is weird you know; you just have to work the hardest that you can and then everything will fall into place," an emotional Backstrom said. "This has been a really, really big dream for me. Everything happens so fast in the UFC." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: