Seattle contributed to this report. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 21 '18
CHICAGO -- The Los Angeles Angels arent nearly where they want to be. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Trent-Taylor-Jersey/ . At least theyre making progress. Mike Trout had two hits, including the go-ahead single in the seventh inning, to lead the Angels to a 7-5 win over the Chicago White Sox on Friday night. Los Angeles bullpen pitched 5 2-3 scoreless innings for the win, and helped the Angels to their first consecutive victories since beating the Tigers three straight April 19-21. They also improved to 6-13 on the road. Their seven runs were the most since they scored eight in a 10-8 loss April 29 at Oakland. "Theyre all important," said Brendan Harris, who had three hits and a home run. "So if we can get two in a row and just get a little momentum, and everybody can exhale a little bit, its going lend itself better to really getting on a roll to really get going as we get into May." The Angels got their second win in a row thanks to a big third inning when they scored four times, and a bullpen that helped Los Angeles survive after expected starter Tommy Hanson was put on the restricted list early Friday. In his first start of the season, Barry Enright replaced Hanson, lasting 3 1-3 innings, giving up four hits and five runs. Relievers Mark Lowe, Michael Kohn (1-0), Dane De La Rosa and Ernesto Frieri then combined to blank the White Sox, who have lost four of six. Lowe relieved Enright and worked 1 2-3 scoreless innings, Kohn went an inning, De La Rosa two, then Frieri finished by striking out the side in the ninth for his sixth save in seven tries. "I think the length that we needed, plus the effectiveness, those guys stepped up big," manager Mike Scioscia said. Los Angeles, which won Thursday in Houston despite an umpiring error that led to a two-game suspension for crew chief Fieldin Culbreth, fell behind early. Alejandro De Aza gave the White Sox a 1-0 lead in the first with a leadoff home run. The home run was De Azas seventh of the season and seventh career leadoff homer. Hes done it three times this season, including on Wednesday at New York. De Aza is the first Chicago player to start consecutive games with a home run since Kenny Lofton in July 2002. The Angels scored four times in the third to take a 4-1 lead. Albert Pujols had a two-run double and Mark Trumbo an RBI single. Los Angeles built a 5-1 lead after Harris homered in the fourth, but the White Sox rallied for four runs in the bottom half of the inning to tie it. After that, the Los Angeles bullpen stifled the White Sox. Because of Hansons status and injuries to the Angels bullpen, De La Rosa figured Friday might be a long night. "When I do get the ball Im willing to throw however many innings they actually need me," he said. In the seventh, Hank Conger reached on Conor Gillaspies error to start the inning and scored on Trouts sharp single to right off reliever Matt Lindstrom that gave the Angels a 6-5 lead. J.B. Shuck then scored on a passed ball. "We battled back and you give them multiple opportunities and youre going to pay for it," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. "Thats just the name of it right there. You just cant give these guys a lot of opportunities." In six-plus innings, Chicago starter Dylan Axelrod allowed six runs and seven hits. Axelrod (0-3) left after Gillaspies error in the seventh. "The whole game, I felt really good. Its just an unfortunate thing that they got some runs in the third. Thats the frustrating part, where you feel great out there and still give up some runs," Axelrod said. "I cant be that disappointed in my effort because I felt I executed pretty well and they just happened to score." Scioscia, meanwhile, saw his offence score seven runs and his bullpen finish off a needed win, both of which are some of "the components that you need to start to build momentum." "It feels good to get this one and move onto tomorrow," he said. NOTES: Scioscia was asked Friday if owner Arte Moreno needed to give him a public vote of confidence and said "not for what I do. Not for my benefit." Los Angeles entered Friday having lost five of its last seven, fueling speculation about the job security of the Angels manager, whos in his 14th season. ... White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham took 100 swings off a tee before Fridays game. Beckham is on the disabled list after breaking his left hamate bone April 9 in Washington and having surgery on April 16. ... Angels infielder Erick Aybar was not in the lineup after experiencing tightness in his right hamstring Thursday in Houston. Scioscia said Aybar and reliever Scott Downs, who injured his right foot Thursday, are both day-to-day.http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Richard-Sherman-Jersey/ . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Aaron-Burbridge-Jersey/ . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Zane-Beadles-Jersey/ . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Pete Carroll knows he cant go back in time to 1997 when he arrived in New England as the Patriots giddy 46-year-old new head coach.But if he could, he says he certainly would have done things a lot differently.Its been 17 years since Carroll was fired after a three-year run in New England and forced to accept his second failed stint as an NFL coach, unsure hed ever get -- or want for that matter -- another shot.But after reviving his career at the University of Southern California and then returning to the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks in 2010, he returns to Foxborough and the Patriots home stadium Sunday for the first time since his departure in 1999. It will also be the first meeting between the teams since New Englands 2015 Super Bowl victory denied Seattle back-to-back championships.When I went into New England, I was really committed to being able to bring the philosophy and do it exactly the way you wanted to do it, and be in control of it. It didnt really work out that way, the way I hoped, Carroll said. I wasnt on my game enough to pull that off. It was a great lesson learned.That lesson hardened his coaching style during an eight-year run at USC that included a pair of national championships. The lessons stayed with him when he returned to the NFL in 2010 and when he led the Seahawks to a Super Bowl win in 2014.It was even with him when the Seahawks came up a yard short in their Super Bowl 49 loss to the Patriots and his New England successor, Bill Belichick.It makes Sundays rematch one of the most-anticipated games of the season.Carroll said even with the sour Super Bowl memories he has nothing but respect for what the Patriots have built since he left.I think its really awesome to watch New England, he said. When Bill got the job there, (team owner) Robert (Kraft) gave him the chance to take that thing over and run it and do it exactly the way a football guy sees it, and the rest has been a great history and a great success story.The respect is mutual from the other sideline for Carroll and general manager John Schneider.I think that John and Pete have done a tremendous job with that organization, Belichick said. Weve spent a lot of time studying what they do both on the field and in terms of their building -- team building. So weve learned a lot from them from the outside, obviously.Here are some other things to watch for in Sundays game:SUPER BOWL MEMORIES: Patriots cornerbaack Malcom Butler said his end-zone interception to seal the Patriots 2015 Super Bowl win always brings back fond memories. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Earl-Mitchell-Jersey/. But hes put all reminiscing out of his mind this week.Thats not gonna help us win this game, Butler said. This is bigger than me. Its about this team. That play will not help us Sunday night. So we gotta be ready to play.RUN AROUND: Seattles run game continues to severely underperform, and changes could arrive this week. The Seahawks rank 30th in the NFL averaging just 75.4 yards per game rushing. Theyre on pace for the fewest yards rushing in franchise history in a 16-game season.Carroll was vague about who would be the primary ball carrier against New England, but did say rookie C.J. Prosise will get more snaps. Christine Michael has been mostly ineffective and Prosise has shown flashes of potential in his limited opportunities. He is a better option as a receiver out of the backfield.BAM BAMS BACK: Strong safety Kam Chancellor is expected to return after missing the previous four games with a groin injury. The timing couldnt be better for Seattle with the problems presented by New England tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett.Chancellor was injured just before Seattles Oct. 16 win over Atlanta and was slow in recovering. Kelcie McCray played well in Chancellors absence, including an astounding 108 total plays in Seattles 6-6 tie with Arizona, but Chancellor brings a mix of physicality and athleticism thats difficult to replace.GRAHAMS GREATNESS: Jimmy Graham continues to defy expectations.There were questions whether Graham could ever return to being a starter in the NFL after a patellar tendon injury in his knee a year ago. Graham is doing more than just starting, becoming Seattles most dangerous option in the passing game. Graham had eight catches for 103 yards and two touchdowns last week against Buffalo, his third 100-yard game of the season.Graham is on pace for more than 1,000 yards receiving and is averaging a career-best 14.3 yards per reception. Graham is making an early case for Comeback Player of the Year.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---AP Sports Writer Tim Booth in Seattle contributed to this report.---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower ;Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys ThrowbackWholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Share: