d starts a three-game set at Texas on | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 27 '17
WUHAN, China -- Angelique Kerber lost for the first time since becoming the No. Malcolm Jenkins Jersey . 1-ranked player, losing to Petra Kvitova in the third round of the Wuhan Open on Wednesday.Kvitova saved 17 of 22 break points on her way to the 6-7 (10), 7-5, 6-4 win over Kerber, who committed eight double faults.Its always tough to play against Petra, said Kerber, who was facing Kvitova for the 10th time in her career. I think we both played on a really high level over three hours. At the end, I think theres no loser. I did everything today. I was fighting until the end.Kerber replaced Serena Williams atop the rankings with her run to the U.S. Open title, and took time off before coming to China to start her Asian swing in Wuhan, where she had a bye in the first round.Kvitova last beat Kerber in the 2014 Fed Cup final, and had since lost to the German three times, including in the U.S. Open fourth round.In the quarterfinals, Kvitova will face Johanna Konta of Britain, who beat seventh-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 7-5, 7-6 (6). Konta saved three set points in a marathon ninth game, and recovered from 6-3 down in the tiebreak.Svetlana Kuznetsova ousted defending champion Venus Williams 6-2, 6-2.Kuznetsova dominated Williams from the outset, breaking the American five times. She improved to 5-4 against Williams.Williams struggled with her serve in the gusty conditions and had seven double faults.I dont think Venus played her best game. But Ive been confident and Ive been playing well, Kuznetsova said. I didnt use a couple of my chances in the second set but I still could finish it 6-2.Kuznetsova next plays third-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska, who beat Caroline Wozniacki 6-4, 6-2.Simona Halep of Romania also advanced, beating Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 6-3, 6-3.Halep, showing no sign of the hamstring injury that ruled her out of Tokyo last week, will face Madison Keys of the United States in the quarters. Keys beat Russian qualifier Daria Kasatkina 6-1, 4-6, 6-4. Wes Hopkins Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Harold Carmichael Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. http:///...ckham-eagles-jersey/ . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3.DETROIT - With Justin Masterson on the mound against a Detroit rookie making his big league debut, this seemed like a good chance for the Cleveland Indians to avoid a sweep. Instead, they lost their seventh game in a row, sliding further behind the Tigers in the AL Central standings. Jose Alvarez pitched six impressive innings in his major league debut, and Don Kelly hit a tiebreaking three-run homer in the sixth to help the Tigers to a 4-1 victory over the Indians on Sunday. The three-game sweep gave first-place Detroit a 5 1/2-game lead in the division over Cleveland. "Its a long season. We cant worry about it," said Ryan Raburn, who homered to drive in Clevelands only run. "Were playing as hard as we can. Just not catching any breaks." Alvarez (1-0) was starting because of Anibal Sanchezs shoulder tightness, and he held Cleveland hitless until Raburns fifth-inning homer. The 24-year-old left-hander allowed three hits and a walk and struck out seven. "He pitched a great game," Masterson said. "Especially for his major league debut. ... Kept us off balance." Drew Smyly pitched two innings of relief. Joaquin Benoit finished for his third save. Masterson (8-5) allowed four runs in seven innings. He gave up a walk to Miguel Cabrera and a single to Prince Fielder to start the Detroit sixth. One out later, Kelly lifted a drive over the wall in right field. "I dont even think it was a mistake," Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. "Just trying to change the eye level, got it down and in. Actually, it wasnt a strike and it got in his swing path. ... Give Kelly credit — a tough pitch to hit." The Tigers have built their division lead behind terrific starting pitching. Sanchez has been perhaps their best pitcher so far, but Detroit skipped the right-handers start Sunday because of tightneess in the back of his throwing shoulder. Matt McGloin Jersey. Enter Alvarez, whose contract was purchased from Triple-A Toledo before the game. He baffled the Indians during the early innings, allowing only a leadoff walk to Mark Reynolds in the second before Raburn — the former Tiger — tied the game at 1 with his seventh homer of the season. The left-handed hitting Kelly brought a .190 average into the game, but Detroit manager Jim Leyland started him against Masterson, who is tough on righties. The move paid off with Kellys third homer of the year, which gave the Tigers a 4-1 lead. "It was a slider down and in, and I was able to put a good swing on it," Kelly said. "I didnt know right away if I got it or not." Detroits bullpen was a bit taxed — and a man short because the Tigers had to add an extra starter for this game. They were able to wrap up this win with Smyly and Benoit while resting closer Jose Valverde. Detroits Alex Avila opened the scoring with a sacrifice fly in the second. Masterson allowed six hits. He walked three and struck out four. NOTES: Indians closer Chris Perez (sore right shoulder) is expected to throw off a mound Tuesday. Perez and his wife were charged in a complaint filed Friday with misdemeanour drug possession involving just over one-third of a pound of marijuana, police in Ohio said. Their attorney said they would plead not guilty. ... It began raining in the ninth inning, sending many fans back toward the concourse level while Benoit finished the game. ... Clevelands Nick Swisher singled in the sixth to snap an 0-for-26 slide. ... Cleveland starts a three-game set at Texas on Monday night. Scott Kazmir (3-3) will start for the Indians. Detroit opens a three-game series at Kansas City. Doug Fister (5-3) takes the mound for the Tigers against Jeremy Guthrie (6-3) in the opener. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: