Harry Carson Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
elaine95
elaine95 Sep 18 '18
Odell Beckham Jr. has been cleared to practice although the star New York Giants' receiver did little work in team periods at the opening of the first mandatory minicamp under new coach Pat Shurmur.

Beckham Harry Carson Jersey , who missed several voluntary practices in the final phase of organized team activities in the past month, looked good running pass routes Tuesday. He appeared to cut well testing the left ankle that was broken on Oct. 8 against the Chargers, sidelining him for the final 11 games.

Just the fact that Beckham was there entering the final year of his contract was a positive.

It was a good day overall for Shurmur and the Giants in terms of attendance. Everyone was there, including defensive tackle Damon Harrison who missed many of the OTA practices.

The practice was what one would expect from a team looking to make amends for the 3-13 season that led to the firing of second-year coach Ben McAdoo and longtime general manager Jerry Reese.

The biggest interest centered around Beckham. He was there. The Giants also had no intention of pushing him.

Shurmur wasn't worried about Beckham's contract and how negotiations were proceeding. The 25-year-old three-time Pro Bowler has said he wants to be the NFL's highest-paid player, but whether that happens with him coming off a major injury remains to be seen.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, I look at a player that loves football, he's out there right now doing his thing and he wants to be here and as the coach and the player, that's what we talk about," Shurmur said.

Quarterback Eli Manning said Beckham looked sharp running his routes.

Fellow receiver Sterling Shepard had no doubt Beckham would be ready for the season.

"I have never seen a guy work as hard as him and want it as much as him," Shepard said. "There is no doubt in my mind you'll be seeing 13 light it up in the stadium."

Beckham did not speak to the media on Tuesday.

Harrison didn't want to discuss why he missed many of the OTA practices, adding his big concern is getting the team back on track. He felt that Giants were better than their record, but he was at a loss to explain why the club went from being a playoff team in 2016 to one of the worst in a year.

"That was just a humbling season for everybody Randall Cobb Jersey ," he said. "So, if anybody was on their high horse, they have no choice but to get down now and get back to the drawing board and work all over again, which is a good thing to see."

Manning said guys were competing in practice.

"Everyone has something to prove," the 37-year-old two-time Super Bowl MVP said. "I think guys are studying hard and going out there and competing. There are obviously mistakes every day, but guys are learning from it and not repeating them. I think it has been a good start. We have to keep it going and find ways to improve every day."

The one notable absence was new general manager Dave Gettleman, who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment.

Shurmur said the two speak every day.

NOTES: Harrison drew some laughs talking about running back Saquon Barkley, the No. 2 pick overall in the draft. 'Saquad', that's what they call him, or something like that," Harrison said. "I'm excited to get out there in training camp, so I can hit his ass. See what he's made of. I told him: 'It's not Penn State.'" ... Manning did not want to comment on the settlement of a memorabilia lawsuit brought against him Laremy Tunsil Jersey , the team and three former equipment managers. "Just glad it's over," he said. ... New inside linebacker Alec Ogletree expects to relay coordinator James Bettcher's instructions during games. ... One surprise was seeing Jon Halapio working as the starting center. Brett Jones started there most of the season.

Here’s what Pat Riley is not going to do this summer: quit.

Everything else is on the table.

The Miami Heat president said Monday in his annual end-of-season assessment that no player on the team’s roster will be considered untouchable this offseason – if the right deal presents itself, that is – but quickly added the caveat that the franchise is not looking for a total revamp after going 44-38 in the regular season and making the playoffs.

”Show me the right name, and I could be all-in on everything,” Riley said. ”You know me. But it’s got to be the right name … that doesn’t happen very often. Our core guys, we would like to keep together, there’s no doubt. We would like to keep them together and we’d like to add something to it, but that’s going to be a challenge.”

He also was clear on his own future: The 73-year-old Riley, who has spent a half-century in the NBA as a player, coach and executive, isn’t going anywhere until managing general partner Micky Arison tells him it’s time to vacate the president’s office.

In other words, the Hall of Famer’s competitive fires are still burning.

”There’s always something that brings you back in Marlon Humphrey Jersey ,” Riley said. ”There’s something that sucks you back in. … I’m an active participant, and I’m going to stay that way to the chagrin probably of some of you and probably people in the organization.”

Riley held exit meetings with players Friday, three days after the Heat’s season ended in a five-game first-round ouster at the hands of the Philadelphia 76ers. He said he hasn’t yet broached the topic of retirement with Dwyane Wade, for fear of planting that seed. He reiterated that the team wants to try to keep Wayne Ellington, even with the Heat somewhat handcuffed right now by salary-cap and luxury-tax challenges. Miami has $111 million already committed to the as-of-now seven highest-paid players on its books for next season.

And in the case of Hassan Whiteside, the enigmatic Heat center who was a nonfactor in the playoffs and complained about how he was being utilized by coach Erik Spoelstra, Riley made it clear that he wasn’t happy with the entirety of the situation.

Whiteside dealt with injuries during the season and didn’t want to wear a knee brace that the Heat insisted upon, and Riley said that if Whiteside and Spoelstra need an intervention to solve their relationship issues – if any – he’ll handle it.

Riley also didn’t mince words, saying Whiteside needs to make changes.

”By the time we got to the playoffs I don’t think he was ready,” Riley said. ”He wasn’t ready. He wasn’t in great shape. He wasn’t fully conditioned for a playoff battle mentally. He, and we, got our head handed to us. The disconnect between he and Spo Brian Poole Jersey , that’s going to take a discussion between them and it’s going to take thought on the part of coach and also Hassan.

”How will Hassan transform his thinking, 99 percent of it to get the kind of improvement that Spo wants so he can be effective? How can Spo transform his thinking when it comes to offense and defense and minutes or whatever?”

That word – transform – was a theme of sorts for Riley’s meeting with reporters. He started with a 15-minute monologue on how change has been a constant throughout his 23 seasons with the Heat, how the team landed transformative superstars like Alonzo Mourning and Shaquille O’Neal in trades and Wade through the draft and LeBron James and Chris Bosh in summertime deals.

Come July 1, the Heat will be active on those fronts again – noting that the fan base is clamoring for more.

”Well, we’ll give them more,” Riley said. ”We’ll try to give them more. That’s what I’ve been doing since I’ve been here. That’s what Micky has been doing, trying to give you more if we can. But we’re not going to do anything that isn’t smart. We will never do anything that’s really going to hurt the franchise.”

NOTES: Before Riley spoke, the Heat said guard Tyler Johnson had surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb. Johnson was hurt in the opening seconds of Game 3 of the series against Philadelphia but finished the series. He will be in a cast for six weeks. The Heat expect him to be ready to begin camp in September.

Anfernee Simons Jersey

Share: