The move gives the Timberwolves the maximum 15 guaranteed contracts | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Sep 14 '18
CHICAGO -- Tim Anderson is excited. Cheap Jerseys China . The fast start with the Chicago White Sox is great and all, but its more about who is waiting at home each day.Anderson and his fiancee, Bria, welcomed their first child in March, and the young shortstop is smitten with the new arrival.Shes a blessing. Shes on my mind, Anderson said. I put her initials in my hat, my helmet. Its life-changing.Peyton provides perspective for Anderson when he has a bad day at the ballpark. But that hasnt happened very much lately.Andersons promotion from Triple-A Charlotte on June 10 helped spark a gradual recovery for the White Sox after they tumbled out of first in the AL Central. Struggling veteran Jimmy Rollins was cut loose to make room for Anderson, who quickly moved to the top of the lineup to give Chicago a speedy 1-2 punch with Adam Eaton.Making his debut against World Series champion Kansas City, the 23-year-old Anderson doubled in his first at-bat and finished with two hits in Chicagos 7-5 win. He is batting .295 with four homers and 10 RBI through his first month in the majors, with multihit performances in 12 of his first 25 games.Youre talking about a kid thats come up here and really infused the lineup with a special talent, manager Robin Ventura said. Hes been great. Hes been able to hit, his speed is something thats fun to watch. But a kid coming up and playing shortstop and doing it with his kind of confidence doesnt come across the board very often.Andersons versatility and instincts were on full display when the White Sox (44-41) took two of three from the Yankees for their fifth straight series win.He hit a two-run homer in the series opener, and then made an excellent read on the bases that helped him score from second on Jose Abreus single to left-center in the eighth inning of Chicagos 8-2 win on Monday. A day after he went 0 for 4 with a strikeout and committed his first error, he bounced back quickly with a key two-run double in a 5-0 victory on Wednesday night.I think defensively hes been great, Eaton said. Offensively, hes learned on the fly quickly so its been good to see. Hes definitely a student of the game, a guy that comes in every day, wants to learn. He isnt afraid to ask questions so its a beautiful thing. Ive really enjoyed my time hitting behind him. Hes made my job much easier in the two-hole, so no complaints here.Ask Anderson about his smooth transition to the majors, and he practically shrugs.I feel a lot more comfortable than I did when I first got here, he said. I was real nervous the first game, but after that, I feel like once I got my feet wet I was normal. I never let the situation get the best of me. I always just stay within myself and try not to do too much and just try to play my normal game.Anderson, a native of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, attracted the attention of the major leagues when he starred as a sophomore at East Central Community College in Mississippi, batting .495 with 41 steals. He signed a letter of intent to play for UAB, but turned pro after he was selected by Chicago with the 17th pick in the 2013 draft.Anderson quickly made his way through the minors, hitting .304 in 55 games with the Knights this year. He has one walk and 35 strikeouts since joining the White Sox, a concerning ratio for a leadoff hitter that he feels will improve with experience. Ventura is impressed with his eagerness to learn.Theres questions that he has, and theyre spot on, he said. Theyre not just questions, hes asking a question so you think hes thinking about it, hes actually asking the right questions. I think thats not always the case when you get a guy that comes up thats as talented as he is. Hes not afraid of anything. Hes just going to play.And after hes done for the day, its home to see Peyton.Once I leave the locker room, I dont think about baseball or what kind of day I had, he said. When I see her, I try to keep baseball life here and home life at home. It really helps me a lot because when I see her, I dont think about baseball.---AP Sports Writer Andrew Seligman contributed to this report.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap ;Cheap Jerseys From China .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable.Wholesale Authentic Jerseys . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. http://www.cheapjerseys.bid/ . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Timberwolves keep adding big men to their roster in free agency, fortifying the depth behind their starters and calling into question the futures of a couple of notable names.The Wolves agreed to terms with free agent forward Jordan Hill on a two-year, $8 million contract on Wednesday, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team has not announced the deal.Hill joins Cole Aldrich, who signed his three-year, $22 million deal on Wednesday, as rugged post players added by new coach and president Tom Thibodeau and GM Scott Layden in their first foray into free agency. They give the Timberwolves some healthy backups to Karl-Anthony Towns and Gorgui Dieng, something the team did not have when the market opened.The additions only crowd the frontcourt further when factoring in veterans Kevin Garnett and Nikola Pekovic.Garnett, the franchise icon, returned to Minnesota in a trade with Brooklyn two years ago and was given a heros welcome upon his arrival. He served as a valuable mentor to Towns, Dieng, Andrew Wiggins and the rest of the young Timberwolves last season, helping them understand the work that it takes to have long-term success in the NBA.But the 40-year-old was only able to play in 38 games last season because of achy knees. After being acquired in the trade in February 2015, Garnett was only able to play in five games because of knee issues.He is under contract for $8 million next season. Wholesale Jerseys. If he returns, it would be a record 22nd season in the league for him.Garnett also spoke about wanting to get into ownership with the Timberwolves. Those talks could not happen until after he retires, but owner Glen Taylor recently sold 15 percent of the team to Chinese entrepreneur Lizhang Jhiang and New York real estate mogul Meyer Orbach to fortify his position. Taylor remains in the market for someone to come in as a minority partner and eventually succeed him as majority owner of the Wolves, but Garnett for the meantime is on the outside looking in.Pekovic has struggled with injuries even more than Garnett over the past few seasons. An arthritic ankle has made it difficult for the burly center to stay on the court. He has played in 42 games combined over the last two seasons and has only played one stretch of at least 10 games in a row since January 2014.Pekovic still has two years and nearly $24 million left on his deal.The Wolves also have third-year power forward Adreian Payne on the roster, creating a log jam in the frontcourt.Hill averaged 8.8 points and 6.2 rebounds for the Indiana Pacers last year. In his seven years in the league, Hill has proven to be a solid rebounder and defender, two traits Thibodeau was looking to add.The move gives the Timberwolves the maximum 15 guaranteed contracts. Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Camo China NFL Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '
Share: