ulia Goerges of Germany and Czech Ba | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 23 '17
BALTIMORE -- Dylan Bundy wasnt going to go past the seventh inning, no matter what. Womens Texans Jerseys .So, quite unintentionally, the rookie gave up a hit to make life easier for manager Buck Showalter.Bundy took a no-hitter into the sixth inning for the second game in a row, Pedro Alvarez hit two of Baltimores four solo homers and the Orioles beat the Texas Rangers 5-1 on Tuesday night in a duel between AL division leaders.Making his fourth career start, Bundy allowed one hit and a walk over seven sparkling innings against a potent lineup featuring newcomers Carlos Beltran and Jonathan Lucroy.Bundy (4-3) retired the first 10 batters before issuing a fourth-inning walk to Ian Desmond, who was thrown out trying to steal as Beltran struck out. Elvis Andrus ended the rookies no-hit bid with a clean line drive up the middle with two outs in the sixth.The seventh was his last inning, regardless, Showalter said. That was a pretty good progression for him. He almost got through the sixth inning last time.In his previous outing, Bundy -- the fourth overall pick in the 2011 draft -- retired the first 16 batters against Colorado before giving up three runs in the sixth.This time, Bundy capped his outing with a 1-2-3 seventh -- the farthest hes gone in the majors.I knew that was it for him, Showalter said. Usually, people stay away from the pitcher during no-hitters, but all the coaches were staying away from me. They were afraid I was going to ask what they thought.Facing the team with the ALs best record, Bundy struck out seven and didnt allow a runner past first base.What else can the right-hander accomplish?Mainly, just getting deeper in games and getting my arm built up, Bundy said. Still got to go above 90 (pitches).Bundy is not yet a finished product, but hes getting there.He threw the ball really well, Desmond said. Hes stingy. Didnt miss over the plate to me much.Texas closed to 4-1 in the eighth against Brad Brach before Darren ODay struck out Desmond with the bases loaded and two outs. ODay came back in the ninth to earn his third save.It was the second consecutive win for the Orioles following a five-game skid that temporarily dropped them out of first place in the AL East.Bundy outpitched Yu Darvish (2-3), who allowed three homers for only the second time in 90 major league appearances. Alvarez connected in the fifth and seventh innings, and Adam Jones went deep on an 0-2 pitch in the sixth.Darvish was pulled after Alvarezs second homer made it 3-0, and Matt Wieters greeted reliever Dario Alvarez with a shot to right.Facing the Orioles for the first time since taking the loss in the 2012 wild-card game, Darvish gave up three runs and struck out nine in his seventh start this season.He made progress, in my opinion, on how he threw the baseball, how he competed and just how he attacked the strike zone, manager Jeff Banister said. He had to pitch almost flawless with what Bundy was doing.The loss snapped the AL West-leading Rangers four-game winning streak. Playing with Texas for the first time since being obtained Monday in separate trades, Beltran went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts and Lucroy was hitless with a walk but scored the Rangers lone run.MILESTONESRangers: Texas run of 14 straight games with a HR ended.Orioles: It was Showalters 518th win as Orioles manager, lifting him out of a tie with Paul Richards and into sole possession of second place on the teams career list. Earl Weaver is the leader with 1,480.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: OF Shin-Soo Choo (lower back inflammation) is getting close to coming off the disabled list, Banister said.UP NEXTRangers: Cole Hamels (12-2, 2.84 ERA) starts the second game of the series Wednesday. Hes 3-0 with an 0.84 ERA since the All-Star break.Orioles: Kevin Gausman (2-8, 4.18) has won only two of 18 starts this season and lost his only career appearance against Texas. Wholesale Texans Jerseys . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Texans Jerseys Outlet .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. http://www.cheaptexansjerseyschina.com/ . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. TORONTO -- Serena Williams continues to mow down her opponents at the Rogers Cup womens tournament. The top-seeded American eased past Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia 6-1, 6-1 on Friday for a spot in the semifinals. Williams has yet to be challenged through three matches, dropping only a combined 10 games in the process. She blasted seven aces past the outclassed Rybarikova and wrapped up the match in a tidy 60 minutes, five seconds. "Yeah Im definitely feeling pretty good, playing much better than I have the past month I would say," said Williams. "Im glad Im getting back to the feeling and getting into some rhythm." Rybarikova, who advanced to the quarter-finals when reigning Wimbledon champ Marion Bartoli retired from their match with an injury, was thoroughly dominated but managed to avoid bagels. Williams, a two-time Rogers Cup champion, is looking to add to her seven titles this season, including a win last month in Sweden. Shes sure to give her next opponent, three-seed Agnieszka Radwanska, all she can handle. Radwanska advanced Friday with a 7-6 (1), 7-5 victory over fifth-seeded Italian Sara Errani, but has never beat Williams in five of their meetings, including last years Wimbledon final. "Its a good matchup," said Williams. "She does everything so well. Shes playing better too actually so shes having a much better year. Its going to be an interesting match. Its definitely not going to be easy. "I can only hope that I play well and I can only hope that I come out on top." Meanwhile, the upset of the day belonged to unseeded Romanian Sorana Cirstea who knocked off defending champion Petra Kvitova with a 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 decision. Kvitova struggled mightily with her service game. The Czech double-faulted 10 times, her ninth coming on a break point for Cirstea to open the third set 1-0. "The beginning of the second set I started to feel a little bit low of the energy," said Kvitova. "The serve was really bad after this, and I didnt find energy from my legs." Kvitova pointed to her late third-round match against Australias Samantha Stosur as the reason she was sluggish on the court. "Unfortunately when I finished so late the match here, I didnt sleep well after this," said Kvitova. "Sleep is, for me, its very important ... for my recovery." Cirstea, ranked No. 27 in the world, used the momentum from Kvitovas unforced errors to match her best result of the season with a semifinal berth. The 23-year-old Cirstea got past former top-ranked players Jelena Jankovic and Caroliine Wozniacki to reach the quarter-finals. Buy Cheap Texans Jerseys. "Its probably (my) best tournament in a long, long time," said Cirstea. "It might come as a surprise to many people ... I dont think for me and my team its such a big surprise because we have been working consistently on things." Shell next take on fourth-seeded Li Na of China, who defeated Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia 7-6 (1), 6-2. Li, last years finalist, needed 96 minutes to get by the world No. 20-ranked Cibulkova, who came into the tournament on a roll with a recent title victory over Radwanska at Stanford, Calif. Li broke to make it 6-5 in the first set, taking the game with a blazing cross-court winner, but couldnt hold and needed a tiebreak to win the set. She cruised through the second set en route to her first semifinal berth since losing at Stuttgart in April. "I mean, after (the) first I was thinking about, OK, one set in the pocket, so (I was) feeling more confident of course," said Li. Radwanskas win was a measure of revenge after being eliminated in the quarter-finals by Errani at this years French Open. Radwanska and Errani traded breaks virtually the entire first set before Radwanska took the tiebreaker after a smooth volley drop and wide return from Errani on set point. The two players again traded breaks in the second set until Radwanska held serve at 6-5 when Errani returned long on double match point. Radwanska closed it out in just over two hours, avoiding any repeat of their 2012 meeting at the WTA Championship -- an epic three-and-a-half hour, three-set victory for Radwanska. The 24-year-old from Krakow has played well against Errani with seven wins in nine meetings. Her only loss prior to Roland Garros was in 2006 at Budapest. There are no Canadians left in the singles draw, but Ottawa native Gabriela Dabrowski and Torontos Sharon Fichman advanced to the doubles semifinal with a 6-7 (4), 6-2, 10-5 win over the No. 1-ranked doubles team of Errani and Italian partner Roberta Vinci. "We knew we had to play big tennis," said Dabrowski. "We couldnt go out there and hope for them to make any mistakes. It was imperative today that we kept going after the ball and pressuring them." In other doubles play, Jankovic and Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia ousted Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears 6-2, 6-4, while Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany and Czech Kveta Peschke won 7-5, 6-2 over Julia Goerges of Germany and Czech Barbora Zahlavova Strycova Dabrowski and Fichman will meet Jankovic and Srebotnik in the semifinal. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: