Gonzalez also had two hits to reach 17 straight games. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Aug 16 '18
BOSTON -- The Calgary Flames spent American Thanksgiving in Boston, practicing and resting in preparation for Friday nights game with the Bruins, the fourth game of a six-game road trip. Juventus Federico Bernardeschi Jersey .The Bruins, meanwhile, had to play in Ottawa, where they lost 3-1 Thursday night, creating a back-to-back as the teams get together at TD Garden Friday -- Bostons first road game on Thanksgiving Night since 1950.The Bruins had only 19 shots on Craig Anderson and made all kinds of bad decisions Thursday night.Just one of those flat games and whats most disturbing or what you dont like about it is its against an Ottawa team that youre one point behind and you needed to win this one, Bruins coach Claude Julien said on the teams NESN post-game show.Asked what message he delivered to his players after the game, Julien, clearly not pleased, said, There was no message. I think the message was sent between periods tonight. Theres lots of time for that -- I think after the game its not always the best time to send a message, but its no doubt we need to bounce back tomorrow night, we need to have a better outing.The Bruins got both leading goal scorer David Pastrnak (upper-body injury) and defenseman Kevan Miller back Thursday night -- Miller making his season debut after breaking his hand in a preseason game. But captain and top defenseman Zdeno Chara was out with a lower-body injury suffered Tuesday night. He isnt supposed to be able to go Friday; and the Bruins are right back at it with a Sunday home matinee with the Tampa Bay Lightning.Pastrnak, who missed three games with an upper-body injury, scored his 11th goal of the season on the power play in the first period Thursday. For the second straight game, the Bruins scored first and for the second straight game, they lost.We didnt have enough guys going tonight and you dont win these important games if you dont have everybody going, Julien said. Its pretty obvious tonight we didnt have that.Calgarys Chris Versteeg, who returned from a nine-game absence with a groin strain and set up the first goal a 2-0 win at Columbus, left Thursdays practice at Boston University and is doubtful for Friday night.Im not sure, Flames head coach Glen Gulutzan said when asked for an update. I havent talked to our guys yet -- I stayed out with some guys later -- I havent talked to them. But he left and I dont think thats a good sign when you leave practice half-way through.Wednesday night, veteran Chad Johnson stopped 34 shots to quiet both the Blue Jackets (they scored 10 goals at home against the Montreal Canadiens and eight against the St. Louis Blues) and the cannon that goes off when Columbus scores.I think everybody gets pretty startled when they hear that thing go off. Its a pretty loud boom, Johnson said after his sixth career shutout, but second in his last five starts. And theyve put up some goals this year, for sure, and that thing has gone off a lot. But the win is the most important thing. The shutout is just the icing on the cake.Johnson, playing for his sixth team in as many years, is 6-3-1 with a 2.08 goals against average and .922 save percentage.I thought he just played fantastic, Gulutzan said Wednesday, after his team won for the second time in three games on the current trip and for the third time in the last four road games overall.Calgary and Boston split a pair of games last year, both winning at home, but the Bruins picked up three of a possible four points by losing in overtime at Calgary on Dec. 4. Juventus Blaise Matuidi Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Juventus Moise Kean Jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records.http:///...drea-barzagli-jersey . Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. DENVER -- Ichiro Suzuki nearly got his 3,000th hit and Giancarlo Stanton hit a record-long home run. It should have been a night to celebrate for the Miami Marlins, but the Colorado Rockies relentless offense spoiled the party.Suzuki grounded out in his first try at 3,000 hits and the Marlins, despite a 504-foot home run by Stanton, lost to the Colorado Rockies 12-6 on Saturday night.Charlie Blackmon homered among his four hits and drove in four runs for the Rockies, who moved within three games of the Marlins and St. Louis for the second NL wild-card spot on a night when history was nearly made.I dont know if Ive ever been in a game where Ive seen 3,000 hits, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. Its a big deal.It didnt seem like Suzuki would have a chance after the Rockies took a 12-3 lead in the seventh, but he had a pinch-hit infield single to lead off the eighth inning for No. 2,999, just beating the throw by Gold Glove third baseman Nolan Arenado. Suzuki stayed in the game to play right field.When I threw it I thought I had him, but like I said, hes too fast, Arenado said. Thats why hes so good.In the ninth, with many in the crowd at Coors Field standing, Suzuki hit a comebacker to Scott Oberg. The 6-foot-2 pitcher reached high to get the ball before it went up the middle and, after dropping the transfer, quickly gathered it to barely throw out Suzuki.I was trying to turn a double play on that, but once I bobbled it, I was just trying to get the out at first base, Oberg said. What hes done in his career has been an outstanding accomplishment. Hes been an inspiration to a lot of players.The 42-year-old Japanese star will become the 30th player in major league history to reach 3,000 with his next hit.You put him in the game when we did theres a little thought that he might get two (at-bats), Miami manager Don Mattingly said. Once he gets that first one, as that inning gets extended, you know hes going to get another AB. The guys were excited to have a chance to see it.Rookie David Dahl had three hits to extend his hitting streak to 12 games and Daniel Descalso drovee in three runs for Colorado, which is 15-7 since the All-Star break. Juventus Juan Cuadrado Jersey. Stantons 23rd homer was the longest in the major leagues this season and the longest in Coors Field history. Suzuki batted for the All-Star Home Run Derby champion in the eighth.Stanton, who flew out on a 3-0 pitch in the third, connected in the fifth on an 89 mph changeup from Chad Bettis (10-6), sending a drive into the seats in left-center field for a 3-2 lead.I wasnt happy with my 3-0 swing, Stanton said. It was a good swing but not the type of attack you should have with that so I said if he throws me that again Im going to do what I should have done 3-0 and he did.Hall of Fame catcher Mike Piazza held the record for the longest homer at Coors, hitting a 496-footer in 1997 when he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers.This was the second time Stanton crushed a ball in Denver. He hit a home run 494 feet in 2012.It put us in a good place but didnt seem to work out, Stanton said.Andrew Cashner (4-8) retired 10 straight after Dahls leadoff triple in the second, but faltered in Colorados seven-run sixth. The Rockies got five straight hits and a walk off the righty to take a 7-2 lead, and they tagged reliever Mike Dunn for three more runs.The Rockies sent 13 batters to the plate in the inning, which ended with reliever Nefi Ogando striking out Carlos Gonzalez with the bases loaded.We want to play out front and our offense is helping us do that, Weiss said. At the same time were getting good starting pitching. We got a long way to go. We got a lot more games to win, but its been nice seeing our guys fight their way back in the mix here.STILL STREAKINGDahls streak is the second longest by a Rockies rookie to begin a career. Juan Pierre reached 16 in 2000. ... Gonzalez also had two hits to reach 17 straight games. His is the longest current streak in the majors.UP NEXTThe Marlins will send LHP Adam Conley (7-6, 3.41) against Colorados Jon Gray (8-4, 3.77) on Sunday. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale JerseysCheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '
Share: