With Williams out, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Aug 1 '18
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Cheap Denver Broncos Jerseys . -- Todd Frazier hasnt needed a high batting average to make an impact for the Chicago White Sox.Frazier hit a three-run homer in the 10th inning for his first hit in five at-bats, Justin Morneau had four hits and the White Sox beat the Kansas City Royals 7-5 on Tuesday night.Frustrating day, Frazier said. I was trying to find my swing a little bit and finally felt a little connection there. So, I was happy about that and happy that I could help contribute to the team.Despite hitting only .213, Frazier is tied for the major league lead with 31 homers and has 72 RBI. His latest homer came on the first pitch from Kelvin Herrera (1-4) after a single by Jose Abreu and a double by Morneau.It didnt do anything, down the middle, Herrera said of his fastball that Frazier drove out of the park.David Robertson (3-2) blew a save in the ninth when Alcides Escobars two-out single scored pinch-runner Jarrod Dyson.Dan Jennings struck out Eric Hosmer to end the game, logging his first career save.I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to happen, Jennings said. When you play for a team that has a lockdown closer like we have, you know, the opportunities arent necessarily there. And thats a good thing.White Sox All-Star left-hander Chris Sale is 0-3 in five starts since a July 2 victory over Houston. He gave up three runs and seven hits in the first 2 1/3 innings but did not allow a hit after that. He threw 115 pitches in seven innings, striking out seven and walking one.After Edinson Volquez retired the first two hitters in the fifth, the White Sox used five straight singles to score three runs and lead 4-3. Melky Cabrera, Abreu and Morneau each drove in a run.His whole game hinged on one-third of an inning, Royals manager Ned Yost said. The fifth came and he got two quick outs and then a succession of hits and he just couldnt contain it.Paulo Orlando, batting leadoff for the first time this season, started the first with a double and scored on Cheslor Cuthberts single.Hosmers single in the third scored Cuthbert and Lorenzo Cain, giving the Royals a 3-1 advantage. Sale retired the next 13 batters before walking Raul Mondesi in the seventh.Volquez allowed four runs, 10 hits and a walk over six innings.The Royals scored an unearned run in the 10th when Cuthbert doubled, took third on an error and scored on Cains groundout.ABREUS REUNIONAbreu, who is from Cuba, visited his 5-year-old son Dariel on the off-day Monday in Miami in his first time on United States soil. I couldnt say anything. I just started crying, Abreu said. Dariel, who is staying with grandparents in Florida, will see his father play in the majors for the first time this weekend when the White Sox play at the Marlins.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: OF-DH Avisail Garcia was placed on the disabled list with a sprained right knee. OF Jason Coats was recalled from Triple-A Charlotte.Royals: LHP Mike Minor (recovering from 2015 labrum surgery) threw 4 1/3 innings Sunday on a rehab start for Triple-A Omaha, allowing three hits and one run against Colorado Springs. Royals general manager Dayton Moore attended Minors start. He was very impressed with his fastball command and had a very good changeup with a lot of life, Royals manager Ned Yost said of Moores scouting report.UP NEXTWhite Sox: LHP Jose Quintana is 1-8 with a 4.28 ERA in 20 career starts against the Royals.Royals: RHP Ian Kennedy has allowed one earned run and seven hits while striking out 15 in 13 innings in his past two starts. Wholesale Broncos Jerseys . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. Authentic Royce Freeman Jersey . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. http://www.cheapbroncosjerseysauthentic.com/ . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams was suspended four games Tuesday for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy.Its his second four-game suspension and first since 2011. He tested positive for marijuana multiple times over the summer of 2011 and served it that season.Williams will miss Washingtons games against the Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals. Hes eligible to return to the team Dec. 5.We met with Trent today to discuss this unfortunate news, the team said in a statement that deferred questions to the league and NFL Players Association. Per the terms of the policy, Trent will be permitted to participate in team meetings and workout at the Redskins facilities throughout this time.The Redskins are counting on Trent to help our team when he returns from suspension. Our focus will now turn to the Minnesota Vikings after our bye this upcoming weekend.The four-time Pro Bowl left tackle has missed only three games dating to 2012. His propensity to battle through injuries has drawn rave reviews from teammates and coach Jay Gruden, who said of Williams: Usually hell play with just about anything.Williams played Sunday against Cincinnati with a sore knee that Gruden described as sstructurally OK. Authentic DaeSean Hamilton Jersey. He had a glute injury and a left knee injury earlier this season.Something has to be torn or broken to miss a game with injury, Williams said. Other than that, a sprain, I can get through that. Bruises, I can get through that. As long as the doctor tells me its nothing structurally wrong with what Ive got going, then Im going to do everything Ive got to do to get on the field.In 2012, Williams said the 2011 suspension was something of a wake-up call. He wanted people to know how much he had matured.I dont want to be known for the guy who failed multiple drug tests, Williams said at the time. That is me, in a sense. It did happen. I embrace that wholeheartedly. That happened, but I have an opportunity to change it, and thats what I want to do.Williams has been an offensive captain for Washington since 2011 and is one of the most respected players in the locker room.With Williams out, Ty Nsekhe is expected to move into the starting left tackle spot. Nsekhe started two games for the Redskins (4-3-1) last season.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ;Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '
Share: