Toyota cars are going to be tough to beat. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jul 28 '18
DENVER -- Michael Hutchinson was all warmed up by the time the Colorado Avalanche finally shook off the rust from a long layoff. Babe Herman Jersey .At that point, nothing was getting by him.Hutchinson stopped 37 shots for his third career NHL shutout, Shawn Matthias scored in the second period against his former team and the Winnipeg Jets beat the Avalanche 1-0 on Friday night.Early on, the Jets were more energetic despite playing their third game in four days, including a 4-1 win over Dallas the night before.Meanwhile, Colorado looked a bit out of sync after a week break. The Avalanche got their offense working in the third period, outshooting the Jets 20-4. But they couldnt solve Hutchinson as he recorded his first shutout since Jan. 15, 2015, against Columbus.We knew with them having those days off, theres a chance they could come out with a little bit of a slower start, Hutchinson said. With us playing last night, we knew it was important to get a jump on them early. We did exactly what we had to do.The Avalanche pulled Semyon Varlamov with around 1:22 remaining, but couldnt capitalize.Varlamov stopped 20 shots, his only mistake not sliding over in time to stop Matthias wrist shot.Colorado went on the power play late in the final period and had a golden chance with Hutchinson down on the ice. But Rene Bourques shot from out front appeared to hit forward Brandon Tanev and sail wide of the net.Hutchinson also came up big midway through the third period by stopping Joe Colborne, who coasted in all alone and tried to thread the puck between Hutchinsons legs.This one stinks, Colorado captain Gabriel Landeskog said. We really wanted this one. Especially after coming off an extended break.Simply ran into a hot goaltender.Their goalie stole one for them, forward Nathan MacKinnon succinctly said.Colorados alternate blue sweater hasnt exactly been lucky. The team is 5-9-1 since the jerseys debut last season.Jarome Iginla remains in a goal-scoring funk. He had a point-blank shot moments into the third period and was thwarted by Hutchinson. Iginla has just one goal so far this season. Hes 16th on the leagues all-time goal-scoring list.Matthias gave the Jets 1-0 lead at 8:29 of the second period when he guided in a perfect cross-ice pass from Joel Armia. Matthias played for the Avalanche last season after being acquired in a February deal with Toronto. He had six goals in 20 games for Colorado.Nice to score against your former team, Matthias said. Theres no animosity toward any old team. Just playing hard for the Jets.Winnipeg nearly had a power-play goal midway through the first period when Mark Scheifele poked in a shot between the pads of Varlamov. But the officials blew the whistle just before the puck rolled into the net.Scheifele pleaded to no avail.Patrik Laine, the No. 2 overall pick in June who already has six goals, unleashed a few quality shots only to be turned back by Varlamov. Laine is good friends with Avalanche forward Mikko Rantanen, who was making his season debut after being called up from San Antonio of the American Hockey League.They pair helped Team Finland to the 2016 world junior hockey championship. They also practiced together this summer.It will be fun, Rantanen said of the friendly rival.Rantanen was the 10th overall pick in 2015. His locker once belonged to Avalanche standout Milan Hejduk.Maybe Mikko will take the great energy that was in that stall, Landeskog cracked.Game notes Jets D Dustin Byfuglien recorded the 800th penalty minute of his career with a tripping call in the second period. He also was called for another penalty in the closing seconds. ... F Drew Stafford missed a second straight game with an upper-body injury. ... D Fedor Tyutin (groin) sat out a second straight game. ... F John Mitchell (hip) made his season debut.UP NEXTJets: Host Buffalo on Sunday.Avalanche: At Arizona on Saturday in their second back-to-back set this season. Cody Bellinger Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Discount Dodgers Jerseys . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseyschina.com/sandy-koufax-jersey/ . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. All in all, Furniture Row Racing had a solid weekend at Watkins Glen. The team announced a two-year extension for driver Martin Truex Jr. and the addition of a second car in 2017 for Erik Jones.About the only time things didnt go right came on the racetrack. After leading opening practice Friday and posting the second-fastest lap in final practice later that afternoon, Truex appeared to be one of the race favorites.But things started going south in qualifying Saturday. Truexs qualifying lap was messed up when Ricky Stenhouse Jr. accidentally blocked him, and Truex failed to advance to the final round of qualifying. Stenhouse indicated it was an honest mistake -- he thought Truex was on his cool-down lap.All probably would have been forgotten if the last lap of the Cheez-It 355 didnt end up the way it did. Truex was challenging Denny Hamlin for the win when his trophy hopes were abruptly spun out in the final turn by Brad Keselowski.Truex had to settle for a seventh-place finish and a damaged car, a car that even had more damage after he gave Keselowski a few not-so-love taps on the cool-down laps.He said it was his fault, Truex said after a brief conversation with Keselowski. I said I knew that. Its as simple as that.To be honest, Truex doesnt know whether he would have been able to beat Hamlin in a drag race to the finish line. He just wishes he would have had the chance.Brad was making big moves and screwing up about every restart there towards the end, driving over his head trying to make something happen, Truex said. We were kind of a victim of that.Truex knows the only thing he lost was a chance at possibly three bonus points for the first round of the Chase with the win. But a victory also would have capped off the weekend perfectly.After an awful first year at Furniture Row in 2014, Truex has had two incredible seasons driving the No. 78 car. He not only has one win each year and advanced to the championship round in 2015, he has led more laps and miles than any other driver in the series this year.The move to Toyota for 2016 sparked enough support that the team, as long as it could land enough sponsorship, wanted to start a second car. With Bass Pro Shops committed to 16 races for Truex next year and 5-Hour Energy committed to 22 races for Jones, that leaves Furniture Row to fill in the remaining 36-38 events with some of its other sponsors.It also can put Furniture Row or Toyota (a big player in the deal) on the hood for select events, meaning team owner Barney Visser should not be ppouring in as much money as when it was a one-car organization just sponsored by Vissers Furniture Row company. Enrique Hernandez Jersey. So the future looks bright, and the 2016 Watkins Glen weekend will always be looked at as a potential turning point. Even if looking back on Sunday will be frustrating.It wont matter that Keselowski took the blame.I thought the 78 [of Truex] was going to get in behind and kind of rough up the 11 [of Hamlin], Keselowski said. I wanted to be outside and make a crossover [move] to see if I couldnt get both. At the last minute he came back up and I was already committed.I didnt think hed come back up. You make a commitment before you know exactly whats going to happen. I made a commitment and it just didnt work out. He got the bad end of it.Whats Truexs plan?I dont run over people all the time, Truex said. I dont pull out in front of people in qualifying. Race me like I race you is all that I ask.Xfinity Series: Dont worry, be happyJoey Logano won for the second consecutive year at Watkins Glen in a race pretty much dominated by Sprint Cup drivers.Several series regulars had bad days. But even those who struggled know that with the new elimination Chase system being used in the Xfinity Series, they dont have to wig out over every bad finish.Darrell Wallace Jr. finished 29th but remained ninth in the standings. With a 77-point edge on 13th-place driver Ross Chastain, Roush Fenway Racings Wallace driving his Ford is virtually assured a spot in the 12-driver Xfinity championship when the field is set after six more races.[The goal is] just to get on a consistent roll from here to Homestead, Wallace said prior to the Watkins Glen race. If we start knocking away top-10s and getting into the top five by the time the Chase rolls around [we can contend].A win is at the top of our list, but we definitely have to do some cleaning up -- show up at the track more prepared, more close to where we need to be, and well be OK.Wallace said he can look forward to the postseason -- sort of. While Loganos win was the first for the Ford stable this year, Wallace knows that the Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota cars are going to be tough to beat.Theres something to look forward to, Wallace said. At the end of the day, theres really not [in some ways] because when you go to the racetrack now youre fighting for fourth behind the JGR cars.-- John Oreovicz contributed to this story. Cheap NFL GearWholesale Black NFL JerseysStitched NFL JerseysChina JerseysCheap Jerseys WholesaleChina JerseysCheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
Share: