who must weigh Fitzpatricks health and the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 21 '17
DALLAS -- James Harden walked the ball up the court in the final seconds of the third quarter, then decided he didnt want to set up the offense. Nike Air Force 1 Clearance Sale .The Houston star simply pulled up and hit a long 3-pointer for the first double-digit lead during a late-quarter run that put the Rockets in control for good.Trevor Ariza scored 27 points, Harden had 26 and Houston beat Dallas 106-98 with Dirk Nowitzki missing from the Mavericks home opener Friday night.Harden went scoreless while playing the entire first quarter, missing all five shots, before getting 10 points in the second and 12 in the third, including the punctuating 3 that followed two others on a 10-2 run to finish the quarter.I was in a groove and it was time to close out the quarter, Harden said. Think thats one of the things that were preaching is we got to end quarters the right way.Harrison Barnes, playing his first home game for the Mavericks after signing a max contract in the summer, had a career-high 31 points.Nowitzki didnt play for just the second time in 19 home openers with Dallas. The 38-year-old had a stomach ailment bad enough that coach Rick Carlisle wasnt sure he would make the trip to Houston for the Rockets home opener Sunday.Dirks not going to be around here forever. And were going to be sitting him sometimes this year, Carlisle said. The other guys have got to step up and step forward. And Im one of them. Weve all got to really raise the level of our game when a guy like thats not on the floor.Two nights after recording a career-high 17 assists in an opening loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, Harden had eight assists and seven rebounds.Ariza was 5 of 7 from 3-point range, including one early in the fourth quarter to push Houstons lead back to nine points. He was fouled on 3-pointers twice and made all six free throws.TIP-INSRockets: Harden became the second player in NBA history with at least 30 points and 15 assists in an opener when he had 34 points and 17 assists in the 120-114 loss to the Lakers. Tim Hardaway had 32 and 18 for Golden State at Denver in 1990. ... Eric Gordon was the other double-figure scorer for Houston with 18 points. ... Clint Capela had nine rebounds.Mavericks: Dallas has the two highest totals for 3-point attempts in a game in league history after shooting 48 in the 130-121 overtime loss to Indiana in the opener. The Mavericks made 18 (38 percent). Dallas shot a record 49 on March 5, 1996, against New Jersey, also making 18 (37 percent). ... Andrew Bogut, a starter alongside Barnes at Golden State before both joined Dallas after the Warriors landed Kevin Durant in free agency, had a game-high 12 rebounds. ... Deron Williams had 14 points, but just one in the second half.FILLING IN FOR DIRKThe only other home opener Nowitzki missed was in 2012 when he sat the first 27 games recovering from knee surgery. Sliding over to power forward, Barnes was strong inside and out, going 13 of 23 from the field with five rebounds. I think he has a chance to be a very special player. Ive felt that all along, Carlisle said.DEFENSIVE TURNAROUNDAfter giving up 51 percent shooting in the loss to the Lakers, the Rockets allowed Dallas to shoot 52 percent in the first quarter while Barnes scored 12 points . But the Mavericks were held to 15 of 40 (38 percent) in the second and third quarters, when Houston outscored them 53-43. We cant just rely on offense or James bailing us out like he did a lot last year, Ariza said. We have to do it collectively on the defensive end.SHOOTING STRUGGLESDallas Wesley Matthews scored 13 points on a second straight bad shooting night. Hes 7 of 30 from the field through two games, including 3 of 18 from 3-point range.LONG-RANGE SUCCESSThe Rockets were 15 of 32 from 3-point range (47 percent). Ariza, Harden (4 of 9) and Gordon (3 of 6) combined to make 12 of 20 from beyond the arc. I think our legs were a little bit better, and well get more in shape as we play more games, first-year coach Mike DAntoni said.UP NEXTThe Rockets home opener Sunday against the Mavericks is their only home game in the first eight this season. One of three five-game road trips -- a season high -- follows. Air Max 97 Summit White For Sale . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Air Max 97 Silver Bullet Restock . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. http:///...force-1-low-red.html . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Jets quarterback situation is more muddled than ever.Coach Todd Bowles, who went into Sundays game saying Ryan Fitzpatrick is the clear-cut starter when healthy, backed away from that commitment after the Jets 9-6 loss to the Los Angeles Rams at MetLife Stadium.Bowles left open the possibility that Bryce Petty, who made his first NFL start, could remain the starter when the team returns from its bye week to face the New England Patriots.We will evaluate everything next week, Bowles said. We have time to evaluate it. Im not naming anybody going forward. Ill look at the film and see how Ryan is feeling, and go from there.Fitzpatrick sat out because he wasnt completely healthy, according to Bowles. He suffered a mild knee sprain last week, but still dressed as the No. 2 quarterback. Bowles informed both quarterbacks on Saturday he was starting Petty.I wanted to start, but theres a lot of things that go into the decision, Fitzpatrick said. Im a competitor, I want to be out there. In terms of how smart it was, I always want to be out there, I dont care whats going on with me.Petty, the fan favorite, excited the crowd with a 99-yard touchdown drive in the second quarter, punctuated by a 4-yard touchdown pass on a hook-and-lateral play.But after that, Petty failed to spark the offense. Inn fact, the Jets punted on seven of their final nine possessions. Nike Air Force 1 Low Blue White. A potential rally ended with 1:52 to play in the fourth quarter, when Petty was intercepted at midfield. It was his only turnover.Despite a shaky performance (19-for-32, 163 yards), Petty said hed like to remain the starter.Shoot, I wouldnt be a competitor if I didnt want another one, he said. Same thing with Ryan. Ryan was upset that he wasnt playing in this game.Petty, a fourth-round pick in 2015, entered the game with only four regular-season snaps on his resume -- all last week when he replaced Fitzpatrick temporarily. The previous No. 2 quarterback, Geno Smith, is out for the season with a knee injury.Fitzpatrick didnt miss any days of practice, but he split first-team reps with Petty. Fitzpatrick, who signed a one-year, $12 million contract in July, has struggled. He leads the NFL with 13 interceptions, prompting the fan base to scream for Petty.Now the call belongs to Bowles, who must weigh Fitzpatricks health and the teams bleak standing. The Jets are 3-7, seemingly out of contention.Bowles bristled when asked if Fitzpatrick would start if healthy.Like I said, he said, well evaluate everything on Wednesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: