ng Albert Wilson Jersey Elite , and ju | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
panxing18
panxing18 Jun 13 '18

HOUSTON (AP) Cleveland started a new quarterback on Sunday. The results were the same.

Kevin Hogan became the 28th different starter at quarterback for the Browns since 1999 after rookie DeShone Kizer was benched this week. But Hogan’s mistakes kept the Browns (0-6) winless with a 33-17 loss to the Houston Texans.

Kizer lost his job after leading the league with nine interceptions through the first five games. Hogan picked up where Kizer left off Wholesale Lamar Jackson Jersey , tossing three interceptions, including one which was returned for a touchdown, in his first NFL start.

Article continues below ...

It was Cleveland’s 16th straight road loss and dropped coach Hue Jackson’s record in Cleveland to 1-21. Jackson said he didn’t consider benching Hogan at halftime despite his terrible first half.

”No. I made the decision I was playing Kevin for this game,” he said. ”I didn’t think that’d be fair to put DeShone into the game. I made a commitment to do this for the week. Good or bad.”

Jackson wouldn’t say who will start next week Adidas Shea Weber Jersey , but left the door open for Kizer to return.

”This is going to be week to week,” Jackson said. ”You guys asked me last week, I never said that Kevin was going to be the starter for the rest of the season. So we’re going to go back and watch the tape and go from there. Make a decision next week.”

Cleveland’s only offensive touchdown came late in the fourth quarter when Hogan’s 3-yard pass to Seth DeValve cut the lead to 33-17. Jason McCourty’s 56-yard pick-6 was the other Cleveland TD.

Browns quarterback woes have long been an issue, but the longstanding problem was magnified on Sunday when Cleveland faced a quarterback that could have been playing for it. The Browns had the 12th overall pick in this year’s draft but traded it to the Texans Will Dissly Jersey Elite , who used it to select Deshaun Watson, a national champion at Clemson last season. He threw for 225 yards and three touchdowns on Sunday to lead Houston to the win.

During the game, the CBS commentators said that Watson told them during their production meeting this week that Jackson texted him on the day of the draft telling him to ”be ready.”

Jackson denied doing that.

”I don’t remember making any text to him on draft day other than later on telling him congratulations of him being drafted to … Houston,” he said. ”I don’t remember telling him to be ready for us to draft him or anything like that. I wouldn’t have done that.”

Watson said he and Jackson communicated often in the days and weeks leading up to the draft and insisted that he did text him on the day of the draft.

”Hue texted me that morning Albert Wilson Jersey Elite , and just said: `Be ready. Anything could happen,”’ Watson said. ”And they took the picks they wanted to take … but the relationship and friendship will always continue.”

Hogan was 20 of 37 for 140 yards. He was flagged for intentional grounding in the end zone under heavy pressure from Benardrick McKinney to give Houston a safety in the third quarter.

He believes he deserves another chance to show he can lead this team.

”I really trust in my talent and I trust in my ability to lead this team,” Hogan said. ”I know that the guys trust me and I know I can make plays out there. These games come down to a few plays here and there and unfortunately they didn’t go our way today.”

Jackson spent time during the game Sunday trying to teach Kizer things he could use down the road if he does get another chance to play.

”In between every series I had conversations with DeShone,” Jackson said. ”I wanted to make sure he was learning and was growing and what he saw. We went back and forth on things. He was really in to it. I thought he saw some things he can grow from. I heard growth out of him and that’s what matters.”

For more AP NFL coverage: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL

Authentic Womens Mason Cole Jersey , Authentic Womens Luke Falk Jersey , Authentic Womens Markus Wheaton Jersey , Authentic Womens Tremaine Edmunds Jersey ,
Share: