set against Baghdatis, but 50 unforced errors aided the Cypriot, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12 '18
Gwen Jorgensen, the first American to win back-to-back world triathlon titles, could have been an accountant. Bestellen Goedkoop Air Max 270 Flyknit Heren: Marineblauw/Wit/Zwart Korting .She gave up on her Olympic dream as a teenager when she realized she couldnt swim fast enough and decided shed go to college.She spent three years on the swim team at Wisconsin, where she was an All-American and Big Ten track champion, and would parlay her masters degree and CPA into a job at Ernst & Young upon graduation.Then she got a call from Barb Lindquist, at one time the worlds top-ranked triathlete and a former Olympian. She told Jorgensen that she, too, could be a world-class triathlete if she took up biking and dedicated herself to the sport.Jorgensen thought back to her childhood dreams of being the next Amy Van Dyken or Brooke Bennett.I was glued to the TV when they had Olympic trials on like they have now. It was just something that I really loved, Jorgensen said.But I came to the realization at a relatively young age, in high school, that I would never go to the Olympics in swimming. I just wasnt good enough. I wasnt making any national teams. I wasnt even making junior national teams.So, I just thought I would never be an Olympian. And then when the USA Triathlon approached me, one of the first things they said was, `You could be an Olympian. And I was shocked. I basically laughed at them. I said, `No, I tried than when I was younger and I basically dont have what it takes.She gave it a shot in 2010 and realized Lindquist was right, she was a natural and her Olympic dream was back -- even if triathlon as a sport wasnt that familiar to her. But she was hooked in no time and a few years later qualified for the London Games, where she was a favorite.Thats where the wheel came off.A flat tire doomed her to a 38th-place finish and fed her fire to make amends in Rio de Janeiro.Every race is completely different and thats something that I like about the sport, you go into the triathlon and you have no idea what could happen on race day and you have to be prepared for anything, which I think really makes it a hard race, Jorgensen said.Throw in the massive hype, crowds and logistics at the Olympics and its even more unpredictable.Every race is different and the Olympics are more different, said Jorgensen, who is a heavy favorite in the womens race Aug. 20 at Copa Cabana Beach, where the mens race will be held Aug. 18.Jorgensen, whos from Waukesha, Wisconsin, has 17 career wins and 21 medals on the ITU World Triathlon Series circuit. The sports two-time defending world champion, she had an unprecedented unbeaten streak stretching from May 2014 to April 2016 that produced a dozen consecutive first-place finishes.To ensure maximum energy and optimal condition for Brazil, Jorgensen eased up on her competition schedule this year and participated in races that were closer to her training base in Victoria-Gasteiz, Spain.I have one goal this year and that is the Rio Olympics on Aug. 20, Jorgensen declared.Other things to know about triathlon at the Rio Games:SPEED BUMPThe 1,500-meter swim, a 24.9-mile bike ride and a 6.2-mile run on Copa Cabana Beach features a challenging hill thats sure to slow the competitors and could tucker them out.The course is really good. Its tough, said Jorgensen, who qualified for Rio by winning the triathlon test event on Aug. 2 on the course. Theres a big hill on the bike and I think that makes it an honest course and everyone is going to be tired. Its going to be interesting to see how quickly you run after ... that really hard bike ride.ALL TIED UPA photo finish at the London Games led to Swedens failed attempt to have the Court of Arbitration for Sport rule the womens triathlon a dead heat. CAS said the photo finish ruling was a field of play decision by the International Triathlon Union and couldnt be challenged.That left Lisa Norden with a silver medal and Nicola Spirig of Switzerland with the gold. Spirig and Norden finished side by side and were given the same time at the end of the race, but officials ruled Spirig crossed the tape first.THE RESTSarah True and Katie Zaferes join Jorgensen on the U.S. team, which is by far the best in the world. Americans Greg Billington, Ben Kanute and Joe Maloy are longshots in the mens race, where Spain sports the worlds top triathletes in Mario Mola and Fernando Alarza, currently 1-2 in the ITU World Triathlon Series rankings.MENS MISFORTUNE: Five-time triathlon world champion Javier Gomez Noya will miss the Olympics after breaking his arm during training on July 13. The Spanish triathlon federation said Gomez Noya fell while riding his bicycle on July 13. The 33-year-old Gomez Noya won the ITU world championship in 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015. He was the Olympic silver medalist in London in 2012 and placed fourth at the 2008 Beijing Games. Goedkoop Air Max 270 Flyknit Heren Dames: Zwart/Oranje . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. Air Max 270 Flyknit . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. http:///...zwart-wit-kopen.html . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season.Marcos Baghdatis battled back from a set down to set up a final against Stan Wawrinka at the Dubai Championships. Second seed Wawrinka was leading 6-4 3-0 when Nick Kyrgios pulled out with a back injury, but Baghdatis had to work a little harder as he overcame Feliciano Lopez 3-6 7-6 (7-1) 6-1 in the later semi-final.Wawrinka showed no hard feelings towards Kyrgios in their first match since the Australian made comments about the Swiss players girlfriend during a heated match last August in Montreal. For the second day in a row, Kyrgios received treatment on his back problem, but briefly threatened a fightback when he levelled the first set at 4-4.But Wawrinka took the next five games in a row before Kyrgios confirmed he could not continue. Marcos Baghdatis punished an error-strewn display by Feliciano Lopez Kyrgios is the second significant retirement in two days as Novak Djokovic pulled out of his quarter-final against Lopez with an eye infection on Thursday. Air Max 270 Grijs. he Spaniard seemed on course for the final when he took the opening set against Baghdatis, but 50 unforced errors aided the Cypriot, who claimed five breaks on the way to victory. Watch the Dubai Championships final on Saturday at 3pm on Sky Sports 4 HD. Also See: ATP schedule Tennis on Sky Latest scores Get a NOW TV pass Video China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
Share: