has now won 8 of 36 career starts | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 12 '18
BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Gordons not looking back. Raiders Jerseys Store . Theres no point. Unable to fix his mistakes but vowing not to repeat them, the Browns talented wide receiver apologized Monday for being suspended for violating the NFLs substance-abuse policy. Gordon, who emerged as a much-needed playmaker for Cleveland as a rookie last season, was suspended without pay in June by the league for the first two games of this season. Gordon will also forfeit two other game checks as part of his punishment. In his first public comments since the suspension, Gordon, who was suspended in college at least twice for marijuana use, apologized for his latest misstep and promised to make amends with his teammates, Browns fans and Clevelands front office. "This hurt a lot of people," Gordon said. Gordon would not go into any details about the reasons he was suspended, and referred to a statement he made last month shortly after the penalty was announced. Gordon stood by his previous comments that he used cough medicine containing codeine -- a banned substance -- while recovering from strep throat in February and said what he took was not for "recreational use." "The fact that it happened, it was beyond me," Gordon said. "Its one of those things you just really cant control." Gordon also denied he has a substance-abuse problem. He has not yet spoken with members of Clevelands new front office about his issues. He was selected in last years supplemental draft by the teams previous regime. "I have not sat down with them, but I was told by other people that definitely theyre supporting me, in my corner," he said. "Thats good to know. Im definitely still trying to regain their trust and our front offices trust, our teams trust, just to prove to them that they can count on me." Browns coach Rob Chudzinski has met with Gordon, who caught 50 passes and led the Browns with 805 yards receiving and five touchdowns. "Obviously Im disappointed in the situation," Chudzinski said. "Its important that Josh understands what my expectations are. Ive talked to him about that. He understands accountability and I expect him to work and do everything he can to be the very best player he can be in the meantime and well go from there." Gordon, who was kicked off Baylors team for failed drug tests, assured Chudzinski he has learned from the experience. "Accountability is a big issue," he said. "Were definitely planning for the future. Were looking forward to the things we can do beyond this point. I cant really sit back and just think about the past and things thats happened. Were really looking forward to what we can do from here on out." Gordon was reminded he said something similar a year ago, but stumbled. He was asked if he had to prove himself all over. "I really dont feel that way," he said. "Im still working towards it but thats something thats in the past. Its still going to loom over me for a long time. I still have a long way to go, a lot to prove to the fans here, to the people here. This is another obstacle in my way." This is the second straight year the Browns will be missing a key player to open the season because of a suspension. Last year, star cornerback Joe Haden missed the first four games for a drug violation and the Browns went 0-4 without him. The Browns wont have Gordon for their Sept. 8 opener against Miami or the following week against the defending Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Ravens. "Obviously Im disappointed," quarterback Brandon Weeden said, "but the nice thing about this team is we have guys that can step in and make plays. I have a lot of confidence in all the receivers that are going to be there Week One. Good teams find a way, when they have stuff goes on, guys step in and make plays. "Im confident in the guys we have to get that done and when Josh comes back in Week Three, well welcome him back and hell continue to make us a better football team." Maurice Hurst Jersey . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Raiders Jerseys Sale .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.cheapoaklandraidersjerseys.com/azeem-victor-jersey/ .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Mongolian Saturday is based at Arlington Park in Chicago, and has traveled the globe the last 12 months, but clearly he feels most at home on the Keeneland lawn.He loves Keeneland, trainer Enebish Ganbat said. Lexington is his hometown. He was born here.Mongolian Saturday confirmed his affinity for Keeneland by winning the Grade 3, $150,000 Woodford Stakes on Saturday, his first win since taking the 2015 Breeders Cup Turf Sprint on the same course. This victory propels him back into contention for this years wide-open Turf Sprint at Santa Anita. He has rebounded from four unplaced efforts in Group 1 events overseas, and from physical issues that included a bout of shipping sickness in March and an ulcer in July.Mongolian Saturday ($10.80), sent away as the tepid favorite, broke sharply from post 12 in the field of 13. Carlos Montalvo adroitlyy angled the gelding over to save ground, sitting in third on the outside of Bucchero and Shogood through a sharp opening quarter of 21. Raiders T-shirts. 75. The three were on fairly even terms turning for home, with Big Rock revving up just behind them, but Mongolian Saturday quickly struck the lead and scooted clear.He then held off the furiously closing veteran Hogy by a half-length. It was another 1-1/4 lengths back to Front Pocket Money and Almasty in a dead heat for third.The final time for the 5-1/2 furlongs on firm turf was 1:03.46.The millionaire Mongolian Saturday, by Any Given Saturday, has now won 8 of 36 career starts. Ganbat said his stable star will ship to Santa Anita about two weeks in advance of the Nov. 5 Turf Sprint. China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
Share: