I mean, he grinded it out this week. He read putts great, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 8 '18
Robots are invading NFL training camps. Cheap MLB Jerseys .Actually, they are the love children of robots and tackling dummies, and they are not technological fads.The Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Rams and Baltimore Ravens have placed orders for a batch of Mobile Virtual Players for their camps later this month, according to MVP president John Currier. Each robot, costing about $8,000, weighs between 160 and 180 pounds, runs a 5-second 40-yard dash and cuts in the open field.In May, the Steelers showcased their experiment with the MVPs on their website, while the rival Ravens tested theirs in secret. The Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears also have inquired about using them in the future.What started as an experiment at Dartmouth College football practices to promote safe tackling is now a full-fledged business that is penetrating the highest levels of football.The NFLs flirtation with technology can be fickle. Remember the drone experiment? Exactly.This seems different, though. At the least, teams see functionality and the chance to rest players.They have a future, said one NFL assistant coach whose team has tested the robots. A few kinks to be worked out, but you can find ways to make them work for you.To separate gimmick from game-changer, lets dive into some questions about the robots and their viability at the NFL level. For guidance, we consulted the people from the MVP company and a few NFL observers who have tested the product.So what is it exactly?The MVP is a tackling dummy made of foam rubber thats controlled by a remote, which teams can operate. The engine, built into the base of the dummy, is protected by a cushion. It runs on two small skateboard-like wheels. The dummies birthplace is the Dartmouth campus in Hanover, New Hampshire. Dartmouth coach Buddy Teevens and former player Elliot Kastner were the catalysts for developing the technology. Now the dummies are manufactured at Rogers Athletic in Farwell, Michigan, and transported by truck to your NFL doorstep, usually two or three at a time.How did teams find out about this?Steelers coach Mike Tomlin stumbled across a YouTube video of the dummies and inquired about them to staffer Dan Rooney, who played quarterback for the Big Green. The Ravens declined comment on the MVPs, but word of mouth was spreading. Teevens first heard from now-49ers coach Chip Kelly about potentially using the robots over a year ago.Whats the appeal?The dummy is relatively easy to use and requires less manpower to run a practice. Most spring rosters are 90 players, and everyone can get more reps if the dummies are doing the dirty work, such as simulating scout-team formations. Picture a set screen play, with the defensive players taking their angles and the dummy streaking down the sideline. The dummy is perfect for such a noncontact setting, Steelers linebacker Arthur Moats said. It has good speed on it, so youre not running your players to death, Moats said. Youre not going to want to run that fast all practice. It saves players legs.But isnt the point of a tackling dummy for ... tackling?Yes. In fact, the Dartmouth staff implemented the use of the dummies mostly to eliminate helmet contact. Falcons media relations director Brian Cearns said his coach, Dan Quinn, is interested in using the robots for the same reason. The MVPs are forgiving but take a little force to move because of the weight, Teevens said.Where does concussion prevention come into play?Well, this area is harder to evaluate, because NFL teams dont hit much in practices anymore, and the dummies dont have sensors to track where on the body players routinely hit. Dartmouth is exploring the addition of accelerometers that would measure the magnitude of hits, Teevens said. But even with the base model, the concept of hitting a soft moving target could help mitigate potential damage. Medical science is becoming aware that [the brain disease] CTE is related to a history of many subconcussive hits and not just the bell-ringers that make the highlight reel, Currier said. Its that reduction -- hopefully near elimination -- of the repetitive, subconcussive hits in practice that may be the greatest contribution of MVP.Whats the downside?Once he got over the paranoia of rolling an ankle when tackling engine-powered machinery, Moats had one concern upon first glance -- the dummy cant truly simulate player movements and reactions of a shifty player. It looks different, feels different and isnt all that natural, Moats said. You know, a dummy is standing straight up -- a running back or receiver wont be standing that way, Moats said. So its not really a football play. They can advance the technology to simulate the real play, perhaps. So as far as straight line, its really good. Side to side is the issue.But problems can be fixed, right?Yep. The product can improve its authenticity on the field. It also has some goofy arms that can be attached to the sides with Velcro. After gathering feedback from the Steelers and Ravens, MVP transported its dummies to the Rogers lab for tweaks. MVP wants the dummies to maintain high-level speed while simulating open-field cuts. We want it to be evasive, Currier said. Thats part of its value. We want it to shift directly sideways for elusive purposes.What about quarterback play?If a coach is creative and wants to buy, say, 11 robots, perhaps he can disguise blitzes at the line of scrimmage to confuse a young quarterback in offseason work. That would require deft remote work from the sidelines, but thats sort of the point -- Tomlin says the experimental options are endless. You just really put it on the field and watch the guys and they show you the applications, he said. They say, Hey, get it to do this.Five years from now, will most teams be using these?We wont know that answer until after this years training camps, but heres what we do know: Teams are meticulous about player usage. Many teams track every step of practice. Now the dummies can do some of the running for you. Daniel Murphy Jersey . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Gio Gonzalez Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. http://www.cheapnationalsjerseys.com/ . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- Baltusrol now holds more than one memory for Jimmy Walker and caddie Andy Sanders.Sixteen years ago, the pair met during a practice round at the 10th tee on the Upper Course at Baltusrol Golf Course at the 2000 U.S. Amateur.Sunday night, the two were enjoying Walkers first major victory.We brought it up earlier in the week and we were hitting balls pretty much in the same spot, so we talked about it a little bit, Sanders said. Not a ton. We knew this is where it started, though. That we would end up winning a major at the first place we met is pretty crazy.Walker shot a bogey-free 3-under 67 to win the PGA Championship, becoming the fourth first-time major champion this year.Finishing with a dramatic par on the 18th hole, Walker wound up one shot ahead of the No.1 player in the world, Jason Day, who make a 15-foot eagle putt on the par-5 18th one group earlier.I said, `You hit your shot and it doesnt matter, Sanders told Walker after seeing Day make the eagle.After Walker secured victory on the 18th, he pumped his fist in the air, took off his hat and made a beeline to Sanders. There, the two embraced and shook hands on the course that now will be remembered for more than where two young golfers first crossed paths.I always knew his name, but never got to meet him until right there over there, over on the 10th tee on the Upper Course, Sanders said. But yeah, very impressed with him from the get-go and we spent a lot of time with each other from then on.At the 2000 U.S. Amateur, Walker didnt qualify for the 64-man match play, but Sanders did and lost in the first round. Bragging rights could surely have been on the table, but Sanders thinks otherwise.I think he is doing fine, Sanders said. I dont need to give him stuff about that. Hes obviously a lot better player.Walker recalls the mutual admiration society the two men immediately had when they met.I could remember thinking when I met him, I was like, `Wow, thats Andy Sanders, hes from Houston. Hes really good, Walker said. Hes really good and he tells me, `Wow, thats Jimmy Walker, he hits it really far.But this is where we met. Weve been together a long time. And to win our sixth event, first major here where we met, thats just coool. Shawn Kelley Jersey. Sanders was a top golfer himself in college, playing in the Palmer Cup in 1999. Following his graduation from the University of Houston on a golf scholarship, he played the Nationwide Tour from 2002-04.Walker and Sanders actually traveled together on small tours, but in January 2004, Sanders got into a head-on car accident that knocked him out of his first three tournaments. In April, he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.Sanders tried to go back to playing, but it was too taxing. Instead, Sanders decided to caddie for Jason Schultz in 2007.It was at a Nationwide Tour event in West Virginia in 2007 when Sanders and Walker reconnected. Walker called Sanders to ask him for a putting lesson.He asked me to come look at it on Monday, Sanders said. He had been playing decent, he said, but the putts werent going in and the balls werent rolling in like he wanted it to. And I dont know, I gave him a couple things and he ended up winning that week.In 2008, Walker called and asked Sanders to join him as his caddie on the PGA Tour.I think it was a pretty natural fit when it came time to get back out on tour and play and stuff like that, Sanders said.The two have made quite the duo over the past eight years on the PGA Tour, and Sanders said this could be just the start of an even brighter future for Walker.Its been fun, Sanders said. Who knew it would bring me right here, but it is pretty incredible. Really proud of him.After Sanders congratulated Walker by the hole on 18, Walkers oldest child, Mclain, gave Sanders an energetic high-five, and Walkers wife, Erin, gave him a hug. Erin said she had to try keeping their two children quiet as their dad was finishing up his final putt.When Walker knocked in the 3-footer, there were two winners.I think its special for both of us, Walker said. I know its special for both of us. Its pretty emotional. I mean, he grinded it out this week. He read putts great, didnt let me hit a shot until I was ready, made sure everything was good. I mean, I think we did a great job this week communicating and talking shots. Just we were in sync. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys White Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys WholesaleNFL T-shirts From China ' ' '
Share: