Braves RHP Aaron Blair (0-6) is set to start at the New York Mets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jun 7 '18
Bob Bradley knew turning around Swansea City was not going to happen overnight. Armani Watts Stitched Jersey . But the task he faces in avoiding the drop is definitely daunting as he goes into his first home match at Liberty Stadium on Saturday against Watford.Lost amid his trailblazing moment of becoming the first American manager in the Premier League is that Bradley and the Swans (1-1-6) are facing arguably their greatest relegation threat since their initial promotion to the Premier League in 2011. Swansea are ahead of only Sunderland, and while there was signs of promise in last weekends 3-2 defeat at Arsenal, Bradley isnt blind to the challenges he faces and has called upon the players to find their inner professional pride.With all the things that go on in the lives of footballers, sometimes you have to be reminded of what a club was all about before you arrived on the scene, he said at his Thursday news conference. It is worth remembering that it didnt all start when you pulled the Swansea City Football Club jersey on for the first time.I want to make sure the players understand the responsibility of wearing that jersey. You have to understand the people who are going to live and die by every kick of the ball in every match. You have to understand that the fans want to see something they are proud of, and of course, at the same time you have to get results.The comments come with the backdrop of skepticism among the Swansea faithful -- the decision to tab Bradley and part ways with predecessor Francesco Guidolin was met with some backlash from the teams Supporters Trust, which claimed it had no input on either decision. To that end, Bradley realizes his side needs the backing of its passionate Welsh fans.Home form is vital. We have got to take points at home, the manager said. We have got to feel the power and the pride of the home supporters and we have to give them something back in return.We need to make our loyal supporters see the football and the results they want to see.The schedule, though, has done Bradley and the Swans no favours as they try to stop the rot of a four-match losing streak. They are facing a team in the top half of the table for the fifth straight matchday and seeking their first win at Liberty Stadium, where they are 0-1-3 and have yielded nine goals.If there is a bright spot for Bradley its that Spanish signing Borja Baston netted his first goal since arriving from Eibar in the offseason. The teams record signing hopes its a sign of good things to come as he fights for a spot in Bradleys starting XI.Its good for a strikers confidence to get their first goal as soon as possible -- now I hope its the first of many goals for the club. Hopefully I have done enough to impress the manager and showed him what I can do for the team.It would be fantastic for me to play against Watford … and hopefully score again to help the team win.After enduring some early growing pains under first-year manager Walter Mazzarri, Watford (3-2-3) are enjoying a fine run of form as they have surged to 10th in the table. The Hornets have three wins in their last five matches (3-1-1) and are coming off a 1-0 victory at new boys Middlesbrough where Jose Holebas netted the winner with a sumptuous slicing left-footed shot from 25 yards into the upper left 90 in the 54th minute.It was difficult today but we managed it well, Holebas told Watfords official website after the team notched its first clean sheet of the season. With three in the back, its sometimes different than 4-4-2 system or 4-2-3-1, were going into it, you can see game-by-game but the only thing is that we have to avoid mistakes.Collecting a second straight shutout could prove challenging for the Golden Boys, who have not won consecutive road games since victories at Aston Villa and Sunderland last Nov. 28 and Dec. 12. Another quandary for Mazzarri is whether to start Isaac Success on the wing or bring him off the bench.The Nigeria international showed flashes of brilliance at Middlesbrough, but it was less than the spark he has provided the team when entering as a substitute. The summer signing had netted the equaliser against Bournemouth before the international break for his first goal with the Hornets.The teams split their top-flight matches last season, with the home team recording 1-0 victories on both occasions. In the corresponding fixture, Ashley Williams fired the Swans to victory after Odion Ighalo proved to be the difference maker for Watford at Vicarage Road. Throwback Chiefs Jerseys . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Cheap Chiefs Jerseys . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. http://www.officialchiefsnflauthenticshop.com/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. ATLANTA -- Matt Wisler is trying to close out the season on a strong note after struggling at times for the Atlanta Braves.Ive had my ups and downs this year, he said. Ive shown that I can be really good and Ive shown I can be really bad. Its just a matter of not taking any start for granted.Adonis Garcia drove in three runs, Wisler pitched five-plus innings and Atlanta beat the Washington Nationals 6-2 in a rain-shortened game Sunday.The game was official with two outs in the bottom of the seventh. The two delays totaled 2 hours, 57 minutes.Washington has dropped two straight and needs any combination of six Nationals wins and six New York Mets losses to earn its third NL East title in five years.After a 1-hour, 7-minute delay in the top of the sixth, the Braves scored three runs in the bottom of the inning to make it 6-2 on Garcias two-run single and Freddie Freemans RBI double.Wisler (7-12) allowed two runs, five hits and struck out two in 5 2/3 innings to earn the win.He faced a limited lineup as Nationals manager Dusty Baker gave sluggers Daniel Murphy and Anthony Rendon the day off and used Ryan Zimmerman as a pinch-hitter.Today I thought I came out aggressively, made them put the ball in play, Wisler said. They were swinging kind of early. They werent squaring up a lot of balls like they were the last game (he faced them).Joe Ross (7-5), reinstated from the disabled list after missing 66 games with right shoulder inflammation, took the loss. Ross, on a pitch count, allowed one run and six hits, one run and struck out five in three innings. It was his first start since July 2.Its a welcomed sight to see him back, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said.Ross trailed 1-0 in the second on Jace Petersons RBI single. He gave up three singles to begin the third, but retired the next three batters to esccape the jam. Breeland Speaks Stitched Jersey. Pitched myself into a jam and was able to work out of in the third, Ross said. Felt good, and thats the main thing I was concerned with today. I could have kept pitching, but probably best to keep it to three innings.Reynaldo Lopez took over in the fourth and trailed 3-0 on Dansby Swansons RBI double and Garcias RBI single.Washington made it 3-2 in the sixth. Trea Turner tripled and Jayson Werth doubled off Wisler. After the first delay ended, Bryce Harpers single off Ian Krol scored Werth.Wisler is 3-3 with a 4.83 in five career starts and one relief appearance against Washington.The Nationals went 15-4 against Atlanta this season and 36-13 in the series since June 21, 2014. They played their last game at Turner Field with the NL-worst Braves moving to a new ballpark next year.STILL STREAKINGIn 13 games against Atlanta, Turner hit .475 with five doubles, two triples, six homers, 16 RBI, seven stolen bases and 20 runs scored. ... Freeman went 2 for 3 and has a 22-game hitting streak and has reached safely in 38 straight games. Both are career highs and rank first in the majors among active streaks. ... Braves CF Ender Inciarte went 1 for 3 and leads the majors with 88 hits since the All-Star break.SWOON STOPSHarper ended a stretch of 26 plate appearances without a hit, though he did have nine walks over the span. He had two hits in 29 at-bats over his previous 10 games.UP NEXTWashington RHP A.J. Cole (1-2) is scheduled to make his sixth start and first in his career against Miami. Braves RHP Aaron Blair (0-6) is set to start at the New York Mets. The rookie has an 8.23 ERA in 12 starts and is 0-2 with an 8.04 ERA in three starts against the Mets. Wholesale Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Share: