hurt -- that one stung, theres no doubt, Cash s | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 16 '18
Rookie quarterback Dak Prescotts debut with the Dallas Cowboys has been one of the NFLs top stories this season. Sale Patriots Jerseys Store .Prescott is 4-1 as the starter, and he hasnt thrown an interception. His pairing in the backfield with No. 4 overall pick?Ezekiel Elliott?has been dynamic. Prescott has shown that he could be the Cowboys starting quarterback of the future, and he?could be the?quarterback of the present, too.Prescotts play has?created an interesting debate: Should he?keep the job for good even after?Tony Romo?returns?Players believe in Prescott. His efficiency has exceeded expectations. He has surprised everyone with his poise running the offense. The Cowboys have said their plan is to start Romo when?hes healthy enough to return, which could be as soon as Oct. 30 against Philadelphia.If that is the case, Sundays game against Green Bay could be Prescotts?last start (the Cowboys have a bye in Week 7). The fracture in Romos back has healed, according to owner Jerry Jones. Romo is close to moving from conditioning to practice. His recovery is believed to be ahead of schedule.I checked in with five NFL front-office executives to get their takes on what the Cowboys should do when Romo returns, and what the future holds for the veteran QB. I was a little surprised by the responses. Their quotes below are in bold, followed by my take:Executive 1:?Dont mess with a good thingWhy risk ruining the chemistry? If you could go back to Romo and you lose a game, you could lose the locker room. I would stay with Prescott. There has always been that old thought that a starter cant lose your job to injury. The current players may not remember the Wally Pipp story, where Wally Pipp got hurt and was replaced by Lou Gehrig and lost his job forever. Drew Bledsoe Jersey .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Malcolm Mitchell Jersey . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mooseheads (8-6-0) in front for good with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. http:///...p-kevin-faulk-jersey . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Michael Fulmer continued his historic rookie pitching run for the Detroit Tigers, and Victor Martinez contributed three-run home runs from both sides of the plate in a 10-2 romp over the Tampa Bay Rays on Friday night.Fulmer (8-2) gave up two hits in seven shutout innings as the Tigers won their fourth straight. Fulmer became the first Detroit pitcher since 1913 to give up one run or fewer in eight straight starts.Every night he pitches hes been giving us a really good chance to win ballgames, Martinez said. Thats what you ask for.Fulmer struck out 10 and walked one, giving up singles to Cory Dickerson in the second inning and Logan Morrison in the seventh.Its pretty cool, Fulmer said of his eight-game streak, during which he is 6-1 with a 0.53 ERA. My mind is just to a win a ball game anyway I can so if I can throw up zeroes, thats just a bonus. Its a team game, and the way were playing right now, with the offense putting up 10 runs a night, it makes everybody else just relax and have fun playing this game.In two wins against the Rays, Fulmer has struck out 21 of the 49 batters he has faced.Hes good, theres no doubt about it, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. He pitches in, some really late life. I totally understand the success that hes having this year.Nick Castellanos drove in Detroits first run with a two-out double off Drew Smyly in the fourth. Cameron Maybins two-run single made it 3-0 in the sixth, extending his hitting streak to seven games during which the center fielder is hitting .500 (14 for 28) with nine RBI.Martinezs 15th home run came off reliever Danny Farquhar in the seventh. His 16th was off Enny Romero in the ninth, marking his third multi-homer game since June 16.Hes one of the best hitters Ive ever been around, especially with runners in sccoring position, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Donald Trump Jersey. He makes the pitcher work, he can hit the ball to all fields and he can drive the ball from both sides of the plate.Smyly (2-9) gave up six hits and four earned runs while striking out eight in 6 2/3 innings.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: OF J.D. Martinez feels no pain in the fractured right elbow that is expected to keep him on the DL at least two more weeks. Martinez is basically trying to stay in shape with work in the weight room, according to Ausmus.Rays: OF Desmond Jennings, who left Thursdays game with left hamstring tightness, was out of the lineup Friday and is day to day. ... RF Steven Souza Jr. (strained left hip) went 0 for 3 with a walk in his first game of a rehab assignment with Class-A Charlotte. ... RHP Alex Cobb (Tommy John surgery) said he doesnt know yet if he will start a rehab assignment next week. ... INF Steve Pearce (strained right hamstring) has started hitting off a tee. ... Closer Alex Colome (right biceps tendinitis) could throw off a mound Sunday.LOOKING AHEAD (RAYS) AND BACK (TIGERS)Cash is trying not to dwell on Thursday nights 10-7 loss to Detroit, a game in which the Tigers scored eight in the ninth inning. All the losses hurt -- that one stung, theres no doubt, Cash said. It was pretty devastating. At the same time it counts as one loss, it doesnt count as five. ... According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it marked the first time the Tigers overcame a five-run deficit in the ninth inning to win a road game since July 7, 1922.UP NEXTDetroits Justin Verlander (7-6) will make his 335th career start Saturday against Tampa Bay rookie Blake Snell, who is 1-2 after four starts. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: