tional League.Absolutely. This team is rich with baseball history, he said. They h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Mar 16 '18
                                      NEWARK, N. NBA Jerseys Wholesale .J. -- Sheldon Jeter cant quite put his finger on why Pitt is giving up second half leads. Fortunately, he and the Panthers can continue to look for answers after a victory.Michael Young had 29 points and nine rebounds as Pittsburgh held on to defeat Penn State 81-73 on Saturday in the Never Forget Tribute Classic.To Pitt coach Kevin Stallings, it was d?j? vu.That looked like a lot of our games to me so far this year to me, Stallings said. Really good play on both ends in the first half. Second half, offensive play was probably good enough. Defensive play was not very good.Jamel Artis had 16 points and eight rebounds, Cameron Johnson scored 10 and Jeter added eight points, 10 rebounds and five blocked shots for Pitt.A 3-pointer by Ryan Luther gave the Panthers (8-2) a 50-26 lead with 16:50 to play but Penn State used an 11-2 run to trim its deficit to 15 about four minutes later. Shep Garner scored four points during a 6-0 spurt that pulled the Nittany Lions within five with 1:50 left but Jeter answered with a 3-pointer and they would get no closer.Sheldon is a great team guy.He probably hit the biggest shot of the game. They had the moment and he jumped up and he stuck that three in from the corner there, Stallings said. Biggest shot of the game probably for us.Mike Watkins had 17 points and a career-high 15 rebounds, while Tony Carr and Payton Banks scored 13 points apiece for Penn State (6-5). Garner added 12.A tale of two halves, Penn State coach Patrick Chambers said. Not sure where we were in the first half. Maybe the bus was late. But we showed up in the second half and competed like a Penn State basketball game.BIG PICTUREPenn State: After George Mason snapped Penn States four-game winning streak, the Nittany Lions have lost two in a row for the second time this season. Penn State had lost to No. 1 Duke and No. 24 CincinnatiPitt: Young has led the Panthers in scoring in the past nine games, and came in to the contest ranked 17th in the country in scoring, averaging 22.3 points per game.UP NEXTPenn State: After a week off, the Nittany Lions will remain on the road when they travel to Madison Square Garden to face St. Johns next Sunday before closing out their non-conference schedule at home against Morgan State.Pitt: The Panthers return to the court next Saturday to face Rice at 7 p.m. to begin a five-game home stand.HITTING FROM 3Pitt went 10 of 22 (45.5 percent) from beyond the arc while Penn State hit only 6 of 22 shots from 3-point rangeFIRST TIME IN A LONG SERIESPenn State and Pitt met for the 147th time in the 110-year history. However, it is the first time they have played on a neutral site as they played at the Prudential Center in the second game of a double-header in the inaugural Never Forget Tribute Classic. The Nittany Lions hold a 75-72 advantage in the series despite losing six in a row. Wholesale NBA Store . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. Wholesale Jerseys Basketball . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. http://www.nbacheapjerseysstore.com/ .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. ST. LOUIS -- The Cardinals filled the biggest void in their bullpen Monday with Brett Cecil, the only left-handed reliever that piqued their interest on the free-agent market.Cecil was introduced at Busch Stadium after finalizing a $30.5 million, four-year contract. He is expected to provide help in high-leverage situations along with Kevin Siegriest and ahead of closer Seung Hwan Oh, though general manager John Mozeliak said all three are capable of finishing games.Brett was the one person we thought if we were going to make a splash in the bullpen, he was the one we identified, Mozeliak said. There was a lot of demand for him and it was moving.The four-year deal for the 30-year-old Cecil gained attention, but Mozeliak said he was comfortable with the length of the contract because of the interest he was generating.Our offseason plan has been to take steps to try to improve this club and certainly today we feel like we have, Mozeliak said. I think its a way we envision keeping a fresh bullpen.Shoring up the bullpen became one of the Cardinals biggest needs following injuries to Zach Duke and Tyler Lyons. Duke is expected to miss all of next season after Tommy John surgery, while Lyons has had offseason knee surgery that leaves him questionable for the start of the regular season.Cecil had a 3.93 ERA in 36 2/3 innings for the Blue Jays last season. He was slowed by a torn lat muscle but dominated down the stretch, tossing 3 2/3 scoreless innings in the playoffs.The lat issue, it was kind of an accumulating thing, Cecil said. We tried to rest, tried to let it heal. It wasnt working. I was sidelined for six weeks. Cheap Basketball Jerseys China. I almost had to start spring training over again in the middle of the season. It took me a little bit to get going, and there in August and toward the end of the season and in the playoffs, I was beginning to feel like my old self again.Cecil, who had a 2.90 ERA in four years as a full-time reliever in Toronto, was testing free agency for the first time. He said that he left most of the negotiations up to his agent, but he was happy that a deal got done relatively early in the process.I honestly didnt know when it was going to happen, he said. I do like to get these types of things over and done with as quickly as possible. That way I can get my focus more toward the offseason, to come to spring training ready to go.Under the deal negotiated by agents Sam and Seth Levinson, Cecil gets a $1 million signing bonus, payable within 30 days of the deals approval by Major League Baseball, and salaries of $7.5 million in each of the next three seasons and $7 million in 2020. He also receives a full no-trade provision and award bonuses.Cecil said he doesnt know anybody on the current roster, which is still in need of an outfielder, but that the longtime American League pitcher is ready to take on the National League.Absolutely. This team is rich with baseball history, he said. They have a rich winning tradition. They always have good teams -- good, winning teams. And like I said, for my family and me, this is where we wanted to come. It was the best fit for us. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: