.Williams finished her match just slightly later than her sister Venus, who also had a seesaw battle | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 15 '17
BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Orioles will see if Friday nights stirring come-from-behind win has any carryover effect when they host the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night at Camden Yards. Rangers Jerseys From China .Trailing 2-0 after two innings, the Orioles tied it with solo homers by Pedro Alvarez and Matt Wieters in the eighth and ninth innings, respectively, and won it when Mark Trumbo hit his 44th homer of the season leading off the 12th.The win snapped a four-game losing streak and allowed them to remain a half-game behind Toronto and Detroit.Momentum is your next game, it really is, manager Buck Showalter said afterward. Im glad our guys feel good about themselves for one night, theyve been frustrated.Trumbo was asked if Fridays win takes some pressure off a team that had just been swept by Boston.Thats the million-dollar question. I hope so, he said. Were giving it everything we have and obviously we have to keep it going. We know what we have to do, and weve got the guys to do it.Saturdays game matches a pair of 8-13 pitchers, and the starter for Baltimore will be left-hander Wade Miley (8-13, 5.65 ERA), who will make his first career start against the team that drafted him.Miley was the taken by the Diamondbacks with the 43rd overall pick in the 2008 draft and won 16 games for Arizona in 2012, his first full season.Since joining the Orioles in trade with Seattle on July 31, Miley is 1-5 with a 7.60 ERA. He allowed one single over four shutout innings in his last start, but left with a muscle strain in his upper back before the fifth.The Orioles (83-71) won despite stranding 14 baserunners, relying on the long ball.Thats what theyre known for, said reliever Matt Koch, who gave up Trumbos game-winner when his fastball caught too much of the plate. If you make mistakes, theyll make you pay.The Diamondbacks (64-89) have lost three of four.Arizonas starter on Saturday will be left-hander Robbie Ray (8-13, 4.66), who will face the Orioles for the first time. In his last four road starts he is 1-1 with a 3.33 ERA, 31 strikeouts in 24 1/3 innings, and has held opponents to a .163 batting average. In seven career road interleague starts, he is 2/3 with a 3.64 ERA.He is second in the majors (behind Jose Fernandez of the Marlins) with 11.39 strikeouts per nine innings pitched.Arizona left fielder Brandon Drury has reached base safely in 16 of his last 19 games, batting .370/.439/.644 with five homers and 14 RBI in that span.Second baseman Jean Segura drove in one of the Diamondbacks runs Friday night with a double and is hitting .409/.458/.818 with five homers and nine RBI over his last 10 games.Segura extended Friday nights game with a fine defensive play, backing up first base on a bunt attempt and corralling an errant throw.(Baltimore) did a great job of battling back and tying the game and we did a great job of stopping them from winning the game a couple of times, Arizona manager Chip Hale said. We had some great plays. Rangers Jerseys Outlet . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Cheap Rangers Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.cheaprangersjerseyschina.com/ .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. LONDON -- Serena Williams came to Wimbledon this year in need of replenishment among all those hydrangeas, Pimms sipping swells and ivy-covered walls. She hoped that the legend-friendly ambiance of the All England Club and the soothing, lime-green lawns that are so welcoming to her explosive serve would help her overcome torments that have been plaguing her.It isnt working out quite that way, as Williams second-round clash with Christina McHale on Friday demonstrated.In yet another volatile episode in her quest to win Grand Slam singles title No. 22 and equal Steffi Grafs career record, Williams fell behind spirited challenger Christina McHale and was lucky to escape 6-7 (7), 6-2, 6-4 in two hours and 29 minutes.I was out there playing for my life at that point, Williams said of the close third set. I felt like I was definitely in warrior mode. Trying to play to stay in the tournament.The sunny skies under which Williams smoothly opened her title defense on Tuesday against qualifier Amra Sadikovic were gone by the time the WTA No. 1 met the No. 65 McHale. Also gone was the easy command and composure Williams had shown throughout that first match.McHale is a few classes above Sadikovic and was at (or close to) her best on Friday. McHale is quick around the court. Her consistency is the product of great technique, and shes a fighter. All the parts were moving in unison, and it rattled Williams. McHale bolted to a quick 4-2 lead, and it was touch-and-go the rest of the way, with a few stomach-churning episodes for both women.Williams had a set point with McHale serving at 4-5 in the first set, but McHale challenged an out call at the baseline and won the overrule to remain alive. She went on to hold. Williams lost the ensuing tiebreaker after leading it 3-1, partly because she threw in two double faults. As she sank to her chair, she repeatedly smashed her racket on the turf and then tossed it over her shoulder.The racket landed in the lap of a cameraman. Williams landed a big fine.Its definitely a fine [up to $20,000], she said later. She tried to make light of the incident. Ive gotten fined a number of times for cracking racquets. In fact, I look at it like I didnt crack one at the French Open or Rome, so I was doing really good. I try to crack a certain amount a year. Im a little behind this year, so it was good.It was a facetiious remark, but there was nothing funny about the struggle that created the incident. Discount Rangers Jerseys. The defending champion has become a profligate player. Prodigious winners and errors pour off her racket, often at unpredictable times. Often in equal measure. Shes tugged by invisible forces, prey to mystifying pressures that have become her omnipresent companions.After the match, when a reporter began to ask about Williams moth-to-flame dance with Grafs record, she abruptly cut him off: That is another thing Im not talking about anymore.Williams deserves plenty of sympathy. Shes so obviously struggling. But shes also yielding valuable psychological turf in almost every match with her body language and by communicating her frustrations so vividly. And that must make her life tougher. When she makes a fist, doubles over and screams, Come on, she might as well be yelling across the net, telling her opponent that if she just keeps her cool and hits some shots she has an excellent chance to win.But it would be naive to assume Williams doesnt know this. Its more likely shes aware of it but couldnt care less. A career spent dominating, expressing herself however she pleases, must be a hard habit to break.Besides, players do have trouble keeping their cool and hitting shots. McHale did. After her second-set lapse, McHale jumped to a 2-0, 40-15 third-set lead. Curtains for Williams -- until McHale whacked a double fault and made a forehand error, eventually losing the game and her advantage.It was good for me to get through that, Williams said. There were times where I was down and out. I just kept fighting. Thats what I know I can do best. I knew that I could count on that, rely on that. I think my form, obviously it has to be better. I hope to play more matches to get better. Im ready for it. Im ready for any challenge.Williams finished her match just slightly later than her sister Venus, who also had a seesaw battle, with No. 29 seed Daria Kasatkina. Venus won in two hours and 42 minutes, 10-8 in the third set, and might have been speaking for both Williamses when she said: Well, at the end, the goal is to be at the net shaking hands, the winner. So however you get that done is usually how you get it done. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: