St. Louis Joe Kelly will make his first start of 2013 on Wednesday. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Feb 10 '18
Defending champion Andy Murray marched into the final of the Madrid Open after defeating home favourite Rafa Nadal for the second successive year. Cheap Panthers Store . The British world No 2 ended Nadals 13-match unbeaten run on clay after looking back to his best on his favoured surface with victories in Monte Carlo and Barcelona in recent weeks.Murray sealed a devastating 7-5 6-4 success to send him through to Sundays final where he will play Novak Djokovic. Murray broke twice in the opening set to take it and despite squandering a match point at 5-3 in the second he raised his game to get the job done and gain revenge over the Spaniard for his Monte Carlo semi-final defeat last month.Murray fought off a strong challenge by Nadal, serving eight aces and saving 11 break points to win a rematch of last years final and after his victory he told Sky Sports: I think I used my forehand pretty good during the match. I was able to push him back behind the baseline. Murray recorded back-to-back wins over Nadal in the Spanish capital I felt as though I made a lot of returns in play - I didnt make too many mistakes on the return so was able to make him work hard on his service games.Against Rafa, he doesnt serve as hard as everyone else but he puts a lot of pressure on your return because if you dont hit a good one he dictates the points straight away with the forehand. I was able to get some good direction on the forehand and I think that helped me today. Murray celebrates beating home favourite Nadal Murray felt he learned his lessons from his defeat against the 29-year-old in Monte Carlo by trying to stay on top at the beginning of the second set and the British No 1 revealed how he has done his homework in order to develop his technique on his second serve as well as working with his brother Jamies coach Louis Cayer.I spoke to a number of coaches who work with younger players to develop technique, just to understand different grips, different positions to stand on the court as well, the ideal spot to make contact with the serve, Murray said.I spent a bit of time with Louis Cayer before Monte Carlo and watched a lot of videos. Sometimes you can get into bad habits over the years because when you become a professional you dont do as much technical work, its more tactical and physical work. Nadal struggled to take his break point chances in the match Nadal had come from a set down to beat Murray in the semi-finals of Monte Carlo and was forced to try to do the same again as the world No 2 edged a tight first set.Murray surrendered a 5-2 lead, but responded perfectly by breaking Nadal to love with a searing forehand return to take the set. The second set was a tale of break points as Murray saved eight of the nine he faced and pounced on his two opportunities to silence the home crowd in the La Caja Mágica.Nadal missed out on three break points in the opening game of the set and two more as Murray held to lead 3-2. Murray snapped the Spaniards 13-match winning streak on clay Murray then moved to within a game of victory as he broke with his first chance of the second set. However, Nadal battled back from match point down as Murray fired a forehand long to finally break the Scots serve on his ninth break point opportunity of the set.The Spaniard couldnt back up the break, though, as he crashed his attempted smash into the net to bring up two more match points and then also found the net with a forehand to hand Murray victory in just over two hours. Everything worked for Murray Andy Murray learned from Monte Carlo defeat to Rafa Nadal, says Annabel Croft It was an open, competitive match which in the end was decided by a few points. The one that played the big points better won, said Nadal.He made the difference with his serve. I didnt play my best, but I also didnt play badly. I was at a middling level which wasnt enough to beat Murray.Murray, who has won seven of his last eight matches on clay, needs to win the title this weekend to avoid being overtaken by Roger Federer in the rankings. Watch the Madrid Open final on Sky Sports 3 HD from 5.30pm - your home of tennisBy purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: As it happened Everything worked for Murray WATCH: Kyrgios hotdog Get a NOW TV pass Womens Panthers Jerseys . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Authentic Panthers Jerseys . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. http://www.cheappanthersjerseys.net/ . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. ST. LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was feeling so good that he wanted to stay in the game. These days, everything is going right for the pitcher. Lynn pitched seven solid innings and the St. Louis Cardinals got home runs from Yadier Molina and Carlos Beltran in a 7-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night. "It was a good night," Lynn said. "We had a good plan and I was able to make some pitches." The right-hander allowed one run and five hits, struck out six and walked one. He improved to 8-1 for the second consecutive season while becoming the third National League pitcher to reach eight wins, trailing Patrick Corbins league-leading nine for Arizona. The Diamondbacks got their only run in the sixth. Gerardo Parra had a leadoff double, moved up on Martin Prados flyout and came home on Paul Goldschmidts groundout. It was the only time a runner reached second against Lynn, who allowed four runs in four-plus innings against Arizona in his first start of the season on April 3. This time around, the Diamondbacks couldnt figure him out. "Hes very deceptive," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson. "Hes pitched well for them this year and he pitched a good game against us tonight. So, to beat guys like that youve got to play a much tighter game and we were unable to match him tonight." Molina hit a leadoff drive in the fifth on the same day he received a one-game suspension from Major League Baseball for making contact with umpire Mike Everitt during an argument on Sunday. The All-Star catcher appealed the decision. Molinas fourth homer lifted St. Louis to a 5-0 lead. He finished with two hits and two RBIs, and leads the National League with a .350 batting average. He wasnt available after the game but Lynn (8-1) said his catchers performance came as no surprise."He wasnt happy with the way (Sunday) went aand you cant blame him," Lynn said. Cyber Monday Panthers Jerseys. "You knew that he was going to show up tonight and give everything he had and he did that for us." Arizona starter Trevor Cahill was charged with five runs and nine hits in five innings. He walked three and had no strikeouts for the first time this season. Cahill (3-6) had allowed four earned runs or less in 29 consecutive starts. "I was just behind in the count it felt like the whole game and the couple times I was ahead I wasnt able to put them away," Cahill said. Beltran and Matt Carpenter had three hits apiece for the Cardinals. Beltrans 13th homer drove in Carpenter and made it 7-1 in the sixth. He also drove in Carpenter in the fourth with a single. The Cardinals went 4 for 8 with runners in scoring position against the usually stout Cahill. Entering the game, batters had just a .111 average against him in that situation. David Freese singled in Molina in the third, making it 3-0 and extending his hitting streak to a career-high 13 games. Molina singled in Matt Holliday, before taking second on the throw home and third on a wild pitch. NOTES: Lynn threw 105 pitches. ... Carpenter extended his hitting streak to 12 with a single in the first, tying his career high set from September 12-24, 2012. ... Tyler Skaggs makes his second start of the year Tuesday for the Diamondbacks in place of Brandon McCarthy, who is on the 15-day disabled list with shoulder issues. Arizona has not yet made a roster move to accommodate Skaggs return from Triple-A Reno. ... St. Louis Joe Kelly will make his first start of 2013 on Wednesday. He made 16 starts in 2012 with a 4-6 record, but has pitched exclusively out of the bullpen this year with 16 appearances. ... Corbin was named the National Leagues pitcher of the month for May during which he went 5-0 with a 1.53 ERA. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: