hanging out with Brazilian soccer legend | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Feb 9 '18
TORONTO -- Tomas Tatar stuffed in a shot, triggering quite a celebration. Cheap USWNT Jerseys China .Tatar scored his second goal 3:43 into overtime to give Team Europe a 3-2 victory over Sweden on Sunday in the World Cup of Hockey semifinals.As Swedish goaltender Henrik Lundqvist lay on the ice with his head down, the Europeans huddled up in the right corner and bounced on their skates in jubilation.Europe coach Ralph Krueger was thrilled for his players, but he wanted them to pump the breaks on the party.Its important we dont get giddy, Krueger said. We want to give Canada and the world a really good final.The eight-nation European team will begin a best-of-three series against Canada on Tuesday night for the World Cup of Hockey title.Europe will be heavy underdogs against the host Canadians, who have won two straight Olympic gold medals and 14 consecutive games in best-on-best tournaments since losing to the U.S. in the preliminary round of the 2010 Olympics.The Europeans are OK with being counted out because they know they wouldnt even have an opportunity to compete against Canada for their individual countries.This is our chance to go far in a tournament like this, Norways Mats Zuccarello said. I think we just cherish that moment and this chance.Few, if anyone, expected the roster of players from the continents non-traditional hockey powers to be among the final two in the event created by the NHL and the NHL Players Association.Everybody, though, with at least a passing interest in the sport would recognize at least some of the players who started Sundays game: Anze Kopitar, Marian Hossa and Zdeno Chara.You put all those countries together, theres lots of good players there, Canadian coach Mike Babcock said.And with goaltender Jaroslav Halak, the Europeans seem to have a shot to stun Canada.Halak made 37 saves against Sweden.We wouldnt be here without fabulous goaltending, Krueger said.Lundqvist, who helped the Swedes win gold at the 2006 Olympics, made 28 saves. He had a shot to prevent both of Tatars goals.On the winner, Lundqvist got caught out of position after playing the puck behind his net.Zuccarello sent the puck from the left boards toward the net and Tatar stuffed it in from the right side. The score stood after a video review.I knew I didnt do a kicking motion, so I was hoping they were going to see it on the replay, Tatar said.The loss may end up being the last time a pair of aging standouts, Lundqvist and Daniel Sedin, play for Sweden.I hope I have a chance to work with them again, Swedish coach Rikard Gronborg said.On Tatars go-ahead goal 12 seconds into the third period, Lundqvist failed to handle the puck cleanly with his glove and it was costly.Tatar scored off his own rebound after beating defenseman Anton Stralman to the loose puck to make it 2-1.It handcuffed me a little bit, Lundqvist acknowledged.Stralman redeemed himself midway through the third period by preventing the puck from going crossing the goal line after Thomas Vaneks shot on a breakaway trickled past Lundqvist.Swedens Erik Karlsson made it 2-all with 4:32 left in regulation. Karlsson shot the puck from just inside the blue line on the right side of the rink and Swiss defenseman Roman Josi swiped at the puck with his stick and redirected it into his own net.Both teams had the lead once before overtime and scored once to pull into a tie.Swedens Nicklas Backstrom broke a scoreless tie early in the second with a goal that stood after coach Ralph Krueger challenged that Backstrom interfered with Halak.Marian Gaborik tied the game at 1 late in the period.Europe outshot the Swedes 15-9 in the second and they may eventually lament not being more aggressive offensively when they had the lead for about 14 minutes of the period, missing out on an opportunity for a rematch of the 2014 Olympic finals against Canada.I dont think we were passive, Gronborg insisted.---Follow Larry Lage at www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at www.bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage ;Black USWNT Jerseys . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Wholesale USWNT Jerseys . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. http://www.cheapusawomenssoccerjerseys.com/ . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. While Carmelo Anthony was spending his time in the favelas during the United States mens Olympic basketball teams two off days, Paul George was hanging out with Brazilian soccer legend and Rio de Janeiro native?Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima.George was clearly ecstatic to be spending time with the soccer icon, and claimed on Instagram that he used to play with Ronaldo when he started playing FIFA back in the day.George seems to be building quite the Rolodex of international soccer stars.Last year, George met Barcelona superstar Lionel Messsi?after an?Indiana Pacers?game against the Washington Wizards?in Washington, D. Black USWNT Jerseys. C., and confessed his admiration for both the Argentine forward and FIFA.Then, last summer, George had dinner with Real Madrid midfielder?James Rodriguez,?who presented him with a signed jersey with the message, To my friend Paul.It appears to only be a matter of time until George adds the other Ronaldo to his catalog. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: