d fifth holes, but picked up three sh | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Feb 9 '18
NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis wore a supportive strap on his aching back and still managed to carry the New Orleans Pelicans on his shoulders until scrappy guard Tim Frazier could finish it off with clutch plays on both ends of the court. Throwback Redskins Jerseys .Davis had 25 points, 16 rebounds, four steals and two blocks, and the Pelicans won for only the second time in their first 11 games, 106-105 over the Boston Celtics on Monday night.Frazier made a crucial steal of Marcus Smarts inbound pass near New Orleans basket with 14 seconds left. He also drew a shooting foul from Kelly Olynyk with 2.5 seconds left, setting up his go-ahead free throw for the final margin.He plays big, Davis said of Frazier, who finished with 10 points. He went in there with all them trees down there and got that steal. ... And then, that was a great job, a high basketball IQ, to draw that foul.Langston Galloway scored a season-high 21 points for New Orleans, which began the season with eight straight losses. Fellow reserve Terrence Jones added 15 points and a season-high 10 rebounds.Celtics coach Brad Stevens said his concern coming into the game wasnt so much what Davis would do, but whether hed get more of the help hes been lacking.Anthony is going to be Anthony, said Stevens, whose team limited Davis to 7-of-22 shooting. You cant let Langston Galloway go off. Jones has had great games against us for as long as I can remember. ... They really hurt us tonight.Isaiah Thomas scored 37 for Boston, including a driving scoop that tied the game with 7 seconds left.Frazier then pushed the ball up the floor and the 7-foot Olynyk picked Frazier up defensively near the perimeter.I knew I had a big on me, so I tried to see if I could get him to go, and he went, Frazier said.Olynyk said he tried to challenge what initially looked like a shot attempt, and then Frazier jumped into me and I picked up the foul.In part because the Celtics were out of timeouts and unable to advance the ball, they failed to get a decent shot off in the final 2 seconds. Bostons first inbound attempt from its own baseline deflected off New Orleans along the sideline with a tenth of a second left.The Celtics then attempted a long pass in hopes of a tip-in, but the inbound hit the rim and Smarts attempted put-back in a crowd of players was off the mark.Bostons Avery Bradley had 19 points and 10 rebounds. Smart scored 15 points, but Bradley said the Celtics didnt play well and failed to give Thomas help.It cant just be Isaiah, Bradley said. Its got to be other players out there making shots. ... Everybodys upset about it.TIP-INCeltics: Al Horford missed his seventh straight game because of concussion symptoms and it remains unclear when hell return. I dont want to put a timetable on it because I think its about how he feels day to day, Stevens said. Stevens added that once the Celtics decided not to play Horford, they got him an early flight back to Boston so he could get more rest.Pelicans: Rookie shooting guard Buddy Hield made his first start in place of ETwaun Moore. After tip-off, the Pelicans announced coach Alvin Gentry had decided to give Moore the night off to rest a right big toe injury. ... The Pelicans win was their first at home, where they improved to 1-5.BACK PAINDavis could be seen lying on the court near the bench when he wasnt playing and said it was to ease stress on his back.Every time I sit down it just tightens up, so that was the best way for me to try to keep it loose, Davis said. Youve got to play through it, fight through and try to do whatever you can do to help your team win.SQUANDERED LEADNew Orleans led by as many as 14 points when Dante Cunninghams 3 made it 65-51 in the third quarter, but the Pelicans briefly lost the lead in the final minutes.Weve got to continue to eliminate some of the mental mistakes and putting ourselves in harms way, Gentry said. But Gentry also added that he was pleased his team hung in and found a way to win.UP NEXTCeltics: Hosts Dallas on Wednesday night.Pelicans: Visit Orlando on Wednesday night. Youth Redskins Jerseys . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Womens Redskins Jerseys . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. http://www.officialredskinsnflauthenticshop.com/ . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Chan Shih-chang secured his first European Tour title with a final-round 67 at the Kings Cup in Thailand.Chan, from Taiwan, was the overnight leader and extended his advantage to finish two strokes clear on 12 under for the tournament.He picked up six birdies on the day, three within the first five holes, but added bogeys at seven, nine and 16.The 30-year-old began on day one by shooting one over but took control with a flawless 63 on Saturday and never looked like loosening that grasp.Chans compatriot Lin Wen-tang came in second, sshooting 66 including six birdies. Throwback Redskins Jerseys. Danthai Boonman gave the Thai fans something to cheer, claiming a share of third place alongside Englishman Mark Foster. Foster was undone by successive bogey fives at the fourth and fifth holes, but picked up three shots on the back nine.Frenchman Lionel Weber was alone in fifth, with Englands Eddie Pepperell among a group of four who finished tied for sixth. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: