West Ham made the scoreline slightly more respectable on goals from Michail Antonio and Manuel Lanzini | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 12 '17
SEATTLE -- Yoenis Cespedes just feels more comfortable when he plays the outfield. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Cespedes homered twice and Bartolo Colon won his seventh straight start to lead the Oakland Athletics past the Seattle Mariners 6-3 on Friday night. Limited to DH duty for seven games because of a sore hamstring, Cespedes celebrated his return to left field with a pair of two-run homers. "Evidently he likes to play the outfield," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "You could see his whole demeanour today, he was just in a better mood." Jed Lowrie and Coco Crisp also went deep for the Athletics, who maintained their one-game lead in the AL West over Texas. Cespedes homered in the first inning and again in the ninth for his third career multihomer game -- all this month, and all when playing left field. "I cant say Im 100 per cent yet, but it feels great to play in the outfield," Cespedes said through a translator. "When Im in the outfield, my bodys completely up, my bodys on fire. The difference is when Im a DH and I sit down in the dugout and Im doing nothing, I feel like Im going down a little bit." Cespedes hitting took some of the spotlight off Colons pitching, but the 40-year-old right-hander was on top of his game, too. Colon (10-2) gave up three runs and seven hits over eight innings, tying unbeaten Max Scherzer of the Detroit Tigers for most wins in the American League. Colon is 11-1 in his career at Safeco Field, the best record for any pitcher with at least seven decisions in the Mariners home park. "Hes a veteran guy. He knows himself. He knows what works," said Crisp, who hit a solo homer in the sixth. "Its not a fluke." Colon, who has relied heavily on his fastball this season, said he feels hes pitching as well as he has since winning the AL Cy Young Award with the Angels in 2005. He attributed his recent success to adding more off-speed pitches to the stream of fastballs. "I think its because I mix it up better than I did before," Colon said through a translator. "I was always a fastball guy, so now Im mixing it more." Mariners manager Eric Wedge, however, said Colon can dominate with only his fastball. "He knows how to pitch. He recognizes swings," Wedge said. "He does as good a job with his fastball, his movement, where it starts and where it finishes, as anybody in the league." Grant Balfour worked the ninth for his 18th save this season and 36th in a row dating to May 5, 2012. Hisashi Iwakuma (7-3) lost at home for the first time this season, giving up four runs and six hits -- including three homers -- in seven innings. His home ERA rose from 0.92 to 1.46. The matchup between two of the American Leagues top starters turned into a relative slugfest. Iwakuma had never given up more than two home runs in a game, and it was the first time in 18 career home starts he allowed more than one homer. He has lost two starts in a row, both to Oakland. "We really didnt get a whole lot of hits off of him," said Lowrie, who homered leading off the fourth. "We were able to get those big homers, thats the only way we scored off him." Nick Franklin hit a three-run shot in the third against Colon, the first time the pitcher had allowed a home run or more than two earned runs in a game since May 14, before he started his winning streak. Cespedes gave Oakland a two-run lead in the first inning with a shot that bounced off the upper-deck railing above the left field out-of-town scoreboard. It wasnt the first big hit Cespedes has had against Iwakuma -- he is 6 for 15 with three homers against the Mariners starter. The Mariners were hurt by a baserunning blunder in the sixth. After a leadoff single, Kyle Seager was thrown out trying to take two bases on a passed ball. Kendrys Morales single and Raul Ibanezs walk gave Seattle two on with one out, but the Mariners were unable to push a run across. Oakland added two insurance runs in the ninth off reliever Tom Wilhelmsen. Lowrie led off with a single and Cespedes followed with another homer to left field, his 15th. NOTES: Oakland C John Jaso was a late scratch because of a left palm abrasion he got when sliding Thursday. ... Seattle promoted pitching prospect Taijuan Walker to Triple-A Tacoma. Walker, the Mariners top pick in the 2010 draft, was 4-7 with a 2.46 ERA and 96 strikeouts in 14 starts for Double-A Jackson. ... Two of Seattles 2013 draft picks, Austin Wilson (second round) and Lachlan Fontaine (13th), took batting practice before the game. NFL Jerseys China . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Cheap NFL Jerseyshttp://www.nflchinaauthenticwholesalejerseys.com/ . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. WEST BROMWICH, England -- West Bromwich Albion handed West Ham a third straight loss in the English Premier League by 4-2 on Saturday.Nacer Chadli, who was making his home debut for West Brom, scored the first of his pair from the penalty spot early, following an Arthur Masuaku handball.The Baggies found themselves a commanding 3-0 up by halftime, with goals from Saloman Rondon and James McClean.It became 4-0 shortly after thanks to CChadlis second, finishing off a quick break with a tap-in. Soccer Jerseys Cheap. West Ham made the scoreline slightly more respectable on goals from Michail Antonio and Manuel Lanzini, whose penalty looked to have given the Hammers a glimpse at an unlikely point, but West Brom was able to hold firm to pick up the win. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: