The Panthers played the first of eight straight road games. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Nov 10 '17
Despite three home runs by St. Phillip Gaines Jersey . Pauls Willie Cabrera, the Winnipeg Goldeyes hung on to win a huge game on Tuesday night. Thanks to a strong start by Nick Hernandez, a homer and three hits from Jake Blackwood and a big save from Brendan Lafferty, the Goldeyes beat the St. Paul Saints 6-4 to win the first game of an important three-game series in front of 5,521 at Shaw Park. With the victory, the Goldeyes won their second straight game and improved to 49-32 on the season. More importantly, they dropped the Saints to 44-35, as first-place Winnipeg took a four-game lead over the Saints in the race for first in the American Associations North Division. "You try to treat every game like its just another game but you could tell by the look in some of the guys eyes in the clubhouse that that game was a little more important," said Hernandez, who went eight-plus innings, allowing four runs on just five hits. "Weve worked too hard for almost 80 games to let this lead slip away. We want to win every game we can, but this game was a little extra special because it guarantees that well still be in first place no matter what happens when St. Paul leaves town." The Saints opened the scoring in the top of the first, as Willie Cabrera hit his first of three home runs on the night, but the Goldeyes answered with two in the bottom of the first and never looked back. Brock Bond led off with a walk, Jake Blackwood singled and Tyler Kuhn walked to lad the bases. After Casey Haerther struck out, Reggie Abercrombie singled to drive in Bond and then Donnie Webb lined out to centre and his sacrifice fly scored Blackwood. The Goldeyes made it 4-1 in the fifth, as Ryan Pineda and Blackwood hit solo homers. Cabrera hit his second solo homer of the game to make it 4-2 in the top of the sixth, but the Goldeyes answered in the bottom half of the inning as Luis Alen singled home Abercrombie. In the seventh, the Goldeyes made it 6-2, as Kuhns sacrifice fly drove home Bond from third, but in the ninth Cabrera drove Hernandez from the game with his third homer of the night, a two-run shot that made the score 6-4 and made the game very interesting. "The first at bat, I threw a change on 2-1 and he hit it out," said Hernandez. "In his third at bat, I threw him a real good pitch and he hit it the other way. I even asked Luis (Alen) and he thought it was a good pitch. He just got the best of me on that one. The final at bat, I threw him the 2-1 change again and he got the best of me again. Now I know what not to throw him." Hernandez (9-2, 3.58 ERA) got the victory, while Saints starter Anthony Claggett (5-5, 2.99 ERA), the starter for the North team in the All-Star game last month, took the loss. Brendan Lafferty (2.48 ERA) picked up his third save of the season for the Goldeyes. The Goldeyes and Saints will play Game 2 of this three-game series on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at Shaw Park. Matt Jackson (8-6, 4.13 ERA) will get the start for the Goldeyes, while Robert Coe (5-6, 6.72 ERA) will head to the bump for St. Paul. Marcus Allen Jersey . Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. Kenneth Acker Jersey .The surgery was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia.Letestu had three goals and two assists in nine games before being injured in late October.The 29-year-old has 54 goals and 65 assists in 273 career NHL games, including 39 goals and 51 assists in 188 games with the Blue Jackets.There were fears Chad Johnsons past legal troubles would prevent him from obtaining a work permit in Canada and ultimately playing for the Montreal Alouettes, but Johnson has arrived in Montreal. The veteran NFL receiver receivved his work permit and is in Montreal for the start of the Alouettes rookie camp. Len Dawson Jersey. Johnson even took in the Montreal Canadiens Game 5 win over the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre Tuesday night. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: