closes its three-game home stand Sunday against Colorado State (2-0) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Feb 5 '18
RENTON, Wash. Texans Jerseys Online . -- Rookie Germain Ifedi was admittedly a little off when he finally made his regular-season debut on the Seattle Seahawks offensive line three weeks later than originally planned.It wasnt the speed of the game or the scheme of the opponent. It was simply being back on the field for a full game for the first time as a pro.I wouldnt say conditioning but just playing a full game on this level, I hadnt done that yet. Whether Week 1 or Week 4, I was going to have to knock off that rust of being able to play a whole NFL football game, Ifedi said Wednesday.Ifedis return at right guard during Seattles Week 4 victory over the New York Jets finally put the Seahawks offensive line fully in place.Ifedi missed the first three weeks of the regular season after suffering a sprained ankle in practice just days before the season opener against Miami. The injury led to significant changes on the offensive line with JMarcus Webb -- having not played guard all training camp -- stepping into Ifedis spot for the first three weeks.But the job was Ifedis from the start and the Seahawks hope his return in Week 4 is just the start of improved play along the entire offensive line.Theres a lot of room for improvement there for Germain. Hes just one game old in the regular season and hes been off for quite a while, too. He was rusty and he was behind a little bit, he was just a little bit shoddy with some stuff, it just had to happen that way, coach Pete Carroll said. He should improve a tremendous amount, and I think as he improves, hell affect whats going on with Garry (Gilliam) and whats going on with (Justin) Britt. We should see improvement in a number of areas. Were really fired up about him, we think hes going to be a dominant player. Hes got to have it, hes got a growth cycle that hes got to go through to get caught up.Where the Seahawks are hoping Ifedi can provide a boost is in the run game. While the pass protection has been solid for quarterback Russell Wilson the past two weeks, the Seahawks have struggled to get the run game going to their standards for most of the season.Seattle has just one 100-yard rushing game -- Christine Michaels 106 yards in Week 3 vs. San Francisco -- and go into this week ranked 18th in the NFL in rushing offense, averaging 93 yards per game. The Seahawks have finished in the top four in the NFL in rushing each of the past four seasons and while that still may happen, its the aspect of Seattles offense that has yet to click.We know as an offense we need to get our run game going. ... As an offensive line we really put the run game on our shoulders and we want it to be better, Ifedi said. Were going to keep building, keep working on it and get it right.Game notes DE Frank Clark (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday. ... WR Tyler Lockett (knee) is feeling better following the week off and is expected to have a bigger role in Seattles offense after being limited the past two weeks. Lockett suffered a knee sprain in the Week 2 loss at Los Angeles. I made a point of hanging with him today, and well see how he gets through the week, of course. He feels the best hes felt and hes kind of ready to get out there and get running around and get going. He was frustrated the last couple weeks that he couldnt contribute more, Carroll said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Texans Jerseys . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Authentic Texans Jerseys .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. http://www.cheaptexansjerseys.net/ . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. STANFORD, Calif. -- Reid Travis scored 22 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to lead Stanford to a 67-49 victory over Weber State on Thursday night.Travis, who missed the final 22 games last season with a stress fracture in his leg, is averaging 21.7 points and 12.3 rebounds in three games.Its nice to finally be healthy, Travis said. Ive had a good spring and summer to work on my game, which I havent had the luxury of the past two years.Dorian Pickens added 12 points for the Cardinal (3-0), who ended the first half on a 24-5 run. Forward Michael Humphrey chipped in nine points.The guards did a really good job, Humphrey said. There was a ton of ball pressure. I dont know if they ever got a clean look they were happy with.Jeremy Senglin, coming off a career-high 29 points in a 69-68 loss at Pepperdine on Tuesday, led the Wildcats with 13 points but shot 3 of 9 from the floor.Theyve got good length and they close on you pretty quickly. I thought their length and their size bothered us quite a bit, Weber State coach Randy Rahe said. But we missed five or six wide-open looks in the first half.The Wildcats (1-2) led 15-12 after a dunk by Zach Braxton, but the Cardinal responded with a 10-0 spurt to seize control. Stanford extended its lead to 36-20 by halftime and the visitors never got closer than 13 points the rest of the way in the first-ever meeting between the schools.Stanford remains undefeated under new coach Jarod Haase, thanks to a defense that limited the Wildcats to 30-percent shooting.Weber State entered the game converting 56 percent from 3-point range (23 for 41) but made just 1 of its first 14 attempts and finished 3 for 20.BIG PICTUREStanford: A year after averaging just 69.6 points to rank 254th nationally in its final season under coach Johnny Dawkins, the Cardinal averaged 88 points in its first two games with Haase at the helm. They couldnt maintain that pace against Weber, which worked to keep the game at a slower teempo. Cheap Texans Store. eber State: The defending Big Sky Conference champion and preseason favorite to win the conference again, has not beaten a Pac-12 team since Damian Lillards 22 points fueled an 80-51 win over Utah on Dec. 22, 2011. The Wildcats are 16-49 all-time against current members of the Pac-12, and 14 of those victories were against Utah.FREE THROW PROGRESS: Travis shot just 47 percent from the free-throw line his first two seasons at Stanford, but was 8 for 9 against Weber State and is 15 for 19 the past two games. Assistant coach Jeff Wulbrun approached Travis last spring and asked him if he was willing to change his shooting form.I did a lot of reps to change my shot, Travis said. It was a 3-month process. Its nice to shoot the same shot every time and have confidence in it.HALL OF FAME NIGHT: Former Stanford coach Mike Montgomery will be enshrined in the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame on Friday night in ceremonies at Kansas City. Montgomery won a school-record 393 games and four conference titles in 18 seasons at Stanford, and guided the Cardinal to the 1998 Final Four.Haase, who played his freshman year of college at rival Cal, said Montgomery tried hard to recruit him to Stanford. Hes extremely deserving of being in the Hall of Fame, Haase said. Im anxious to get on the plane (Friday) morning and see it firsthand.Others in the 2016 class are Mark Aguirre, Bob Boozer, Doug Collins, Lionel Simmons, Jamaal Wilkes, Dominique Wilkins and coach Hugh Durham.UP NEXTStanford closes its three-game home stand Sunday against Colorado State (2-0), which plays on the road for the first time.Weber State, already coming off two road games, prepares to bundle up for a trip to Anchorage for the Great Alaska Shootout. The Wildcats open the three-day event on Thanksgiving Day against UC Davis. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: