he had played for several teams across Brazil. He had also recovered from surgeries | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Feb 2 '18
TUCSON, Ariz. DeVante Parker Jersey . -- Parker Jackson-Cartwright took over as starting point guard for Arizona this season.Hes handled the takeover as well as he handles the basketball.Jackson-Cartwright had 15 points, a career-high 11 assists and one turnover in 34 minutes in the eighth-ranked Wildcats 71-55 victory over Northern Colorado on Monday night.Tonight was Parkers best game at Arizona, in my opinion, Wildcats coach Sean Miller said, because everything he did was important..Over the past two games, Jackson-Cartwright had 15 assists and one turnover.I was just ultra-aggressive, he said. My teammates give me confidence every day, in practice and in games. I was just doing what my coaches told me and feeding off my teammates energy.Lauri Markkanen scored 17 points and Kadeem Allen 10 for the Wildcats (4-0).Jordan Davis scored 20 for the Bears (1-3). Chaz Glotta, a transfer from Southern Illinois, made 5 of 11 3-pointers for 15 points.Northern Colorado is in a tough stretch to start the season.We started the season at Butler, we are on the fourth day of an eight-day road trip, first-year coach Jeff Linder said. We get back Saturday and travel out to Norman, Olaying teams like Arizona, even though were not into moral victories, prepares our guys to win.The Wildcats outscored the Bears 34-16 over the final 12:15.But most of the night, Northern Colorado -- picked by coaches and the media to finish near the bottom of the Big Sky Conference -- gave the Wildcats all they could handle.Northern Colorado bothered the Wildcats most of the night with a tight 2/3 zone defense.Its the first time this years team has really gone against a zone, Miller said. That first time you really rely on your older guys and, unfortunately for us, we have a ton of new faces, so we had a deer in the headlights look.The Bears were up 31-30 at the half and Glottas 3-pointer put them ahead 39-37 with 14:11 remaining.But Jackson-Cartwright drove inside, was fouled and converted the three-point play that put the Wildcats ahead for good, 40-39, with 12:15 to go. The play ignited an 11-2 run, capped by Markkanens two free throws that gave Arizona a 48-41 lead with 9:25 to go.The Bears twice cut it to four before Arizona pulled away.Neither team led by more than four points in the first 20 minutes.Markkanens soaring tip-in of Parker Jackson-Cartwrights miss just before the buzzer cut the Bears lead to 31-30 at the break.BIG PICTURENorthern Colorado: The Bears look a lot better than was forecast with the tough zone and could cause trouble in the Big Sky.Arizona: The young Wildcats got a taste of what they well could face in Pac-12 play when they faced the zone defense. After struggling against it mightily, they finally figured it out to make the final score more one-sided than the game actually was.TRIER MYSTERYStill no word on why Allonzo Trier isnt playing. The sophomore guard, a member of the Pac-12 all-freshman team last season, sat near the far end of the bench in sweat pants during Monday nights game.The university has declined to comment on why Trier hasnt been in uniform.HIBERNATING BEARSThe two leading scorers from last years Northern Colorado team are sitting out the season as redshirts. The move came as the school issued voluntarily banished itself from postseason play this season for undisclosed rule violations. No word on whether the NCAA will isssue additional penalties.UP NEXTNorthern Colorado: The Bears play Sacred Heart in the Las Vegas Classic on Wednesday.Arizona: The Wildcats also head to the Las Vegas Classic, facing Santa Clara on Thursday night. The winner faces winner of the Butler-Vanderbilt game. Charles Harris Jersey . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. Cheap Dolphins Jerseys China . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http:///...-andre-branch-jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. RIO DE JANEIRO -- For the family of Brazilian soccer player Neto, as one of only six survivors of a plane crash in Colombia is known, there is joy and pain.They feel its a miracle that their son, 31-year-old Helio Hermito Zampier, survived. But at the same time, they are struggling with loss because 71 passengers died, including 19 members of their sons beloved team. The plane crashed on Monday night, a few miles (kilometers) from an airport in Medellin, Colombia.On one hand, we are very happy because our family member, Neto, is alive, said Helam Marinho Zampier, Jr., Netos 34-year-old brother. But at the same time, we are grieving because other lives were lost.I cant say that God saved my son, said Netos father, Helam Marinho Zampier Sr., clearly searching for answers. If that was the case, God would have saved everybody. I can say that God helped my son.Sitting in the patio of their home on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro Thursday evening, several family members awaited more information from Netos wife, Simone, who had flown to Colombia. She and Neto live in Chapeco, the city in southern Brazil that is home to the team, with their 9-year-old twins.The last word was that he was in stable condition, having come through surgeries on a lung, a knee, a wrist and his head. He woke up briefly and grabbed the doctors hand, they said, before being sedated to continue recovering.My son was recovered in the debris of the plane, said the elder Zampier, who added that he hoped he could return home within a few weeks.The family recounted how they had been awoken at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday by Netos wife, who called with news of the crash. For hours, they weere glued to the television. T.J. McDonald Jersey. Grainy footage of the rescue showed repeatedly showed what looked like Neto on a stretcher, but they couldnt be sure.While they waited, they stewed on something Simone said: Neto had told her on the day of the flight that he had had a dream his airline crashed.By 10 a.m., they received news that he had in fact made it.When I found out he survived, I said: `Thank you, God. Now I can cry, said Valeria Zampier, Netos mother.Still, there is another side.My heart is broken for the other mothers (of the dead), she said.The family said they believed that the team would rebuild.Chapecoense reached Brazils first division in 2014 and was in ninth place ahead of this weekends last round of games. On its way to the continental final, the team known as Chape beat major clubs such as Argentinas San Lorenzo and Independiente.Several teams have offered to loan players, as the tragedy has brought an outpouring of support. A memorial service for the victims is being planned for Saturday in Chapeco.We saw the team go from very low to very high over the last years, said the elder Zampier. They wont go back down.The family also has no doubt that Neto, who was a team leader, would play soccer again. Since turning pro more than a decade ago, he had played for several teams across Brazil. He had also recovered from surgeries on one hip and his neck, injuries that many players dont overcome.For him, nothing is impossible, said Valeria.---Peter Prengaman on Twitter: www.twitter.com/peterprengaman Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: