getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Feb 2 '18
DALLAS -- Mavericks center Andrew Bogut considers it laughable that hes been associated with the political beliefs of the so-called alt-right as a result of his Twitter activity. Cheap Chiefs Jerseys 2017 .Bogut has recently followed some accounts related to the alt-right, a white nationalism movement that gained prominence in the 2016 election, though he points out that he also follows accounts tied to the political left.The outspoken Australian received backlash on social media after a Nov. 24 tweet about Pizzagate, a hoax conspiracy theory that claimed to tie Hillary Clinton to a child-sex ring run out of a Washington, D.C. pizzeria, a story that began spreading across social media before the election.No ones ever asked my political views. Theyre far from alt-right, and theyre far from crazy left, Bogut told ESPN. I have things from both parties that I like, and I have things from both parties that I hate. Look, yeah, the Pizzagate stuff [was] pretty stupid. My tweet said, If 1 percent of this is true, thats sick. Thats it.Everybody is entitled to their opinion of what they think. Im not going to even defend that. I dont care what people label me. I think once you get defensive and start saying, Im not this and Im not that, whats the point of it?According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the alt-right is a set of far-right ideologies, groups and individuals whose core belief is that white identity is being threatened by multicultural forces using political correctness to undermine white civilization. The movement is tied to white supremacists and neo-Nazis.Bogut understands that there are connotations of racism that come along with being associated with the alt-right, which could be problematic in a league that consists primarily of black players. It has been a subject of discussion among opposing teammates in the visitors locker room at the AmericanAirlines Center at least once this year, with players making the accusations within earshot of media but declining to discuss the issue on the record.However, Bogut said he is not bothered by such accusations.If I really was that and I was trying to hide it, it would bother me, Bogut said. Thats why I dont give a s---. You can be labeled a sexist, you can be labeled a misogynist, you can be labeled anti-this and anti-that. Its someones opinion. You have every right in this world to label me with what you want to label me. I really dont care. Im not going to try to make you lose your job. Thats, I think, the beauty of living in Western civilization and America or Australia -- you have the freedom to say what you want.Im not going to go out and defend it, because its laughable. Ive never heard of someone thats accepted by the alt-right thats not born in America, period.Bogut, who frequently lobbies against political correctness and acknowledges that he enjoys trolling on Twitter to provoke reactions from people, chuckled when he pointed out that the alt-right would not accept him as part of their group because hes an immigrant.Im a non-American thats here on a work visa thats [supposedly] pro-America. Does that add up to you? Bogut said. I love America. Its a great place. Its given me an opportunity to earn a [lot] of money to do something I love, but does it make sense that an immigrant on a work visa would be wanting to be pro-alt-right? Thats what Im asking. Do you think that alt-right would accept me here? Thats my whole point with how stupid that this thing is.On Twitter, Ive been labeled as alt-right because Ive had some tweets about politics. If you look back, I had some shots at Donald Trump in February. I made a joke about being in Oklahoma City the same time he was and saying Im going to have my green card and passport with me at all times just in case. Then fast-forward seven months later -- I make jokes about Hillary and all of the sudden, its like, Hes pro-Donald Trump! Do your research. Every narrative that fits on social media, you can push. Thats why Im not worried about it.Bogut said he rejects some alt-right ideologies in part because he can relate to the struggles of minorities in America based on his experiences growing up as the son of Croatian-born parents in Australia.My family faced the same things that a lot of people here are, Bogut said. They didnt speak English, worked in factories, were told to go back where they came from for 15, 20 years straight. I heard the same s--- in school because my last name wasnt a Jones or a Smith, which is a [common] Australian. But no one knows that. No one asks that. Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Authentic . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Chiefs Jerseys 2017 . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. http://www.cheapchiefsjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. These rankings are for Week 5. Rankings for Week 6 will be available at noon on Wednesday, Sept. 12. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: