who scored in Saturdays loss, is on the cusp of a milestone, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Feb 2 '18
As entertaining as Les Miles teams have been, the Mad Hatter has been equally fun with a microphone in front of him. Womens Nashville Predators Jerseys . Whether he was opining on a family vacation, the importance of Election Day or which stadium has the best-tasting grass, Miles was always required listening. Miles time in Baton Rouge as LSUs football coach may be up, but these quotes will live on.Here are our favorites from Miles LSU tenure:What Miles did on his summer vacation The Miles family, [daughter and Texas student] Smacker Miles, I took a vacation. I went to Austin, took my three children with me, so we had six, two parents and four children on that campus. It was miserable. I hated it. But it was great fun. I mean, it was not a beach, it was not sand, but it was my family, and that was the best.Have a great day Im the head coach at LSU. I will be the head coach at LSU. I have no interest in talking to anybody else. Ive got a championship game to play, and Im excited about the opportunity of my damn strong football team to play in it. Its really all Id like to say. It was unfortunate that I had to address my team with this information this morning. But that being done, I think well be ready to play. Therell be no questions for me. I represent me in this issue. Please ask me after. Im busy. Thank you very much. Have a great day. -- Miles, during an impromptu news conference called before the 2007 SEC championship game, responding to reports that he was a candidate for a job at his alma mater, MichiganGive them a big kiss on the mouth Im proud of those men. How fricking easy it would have been to say it was their night. How [expletive] easy. Excuse my language. Spectacular group of men. You go find them, you throw your arms around them, you give them a big kiss them on the mouth ... if youre a girl. -- Miles after beating Ole Miss in 2012Les talks holidaysColumbus Day I just want to remind everybody that its Columbus Day, that all those of you that know Italians and like Italians are the people that might venture onto a ship and travel to explore and find new lands: This is your day. So its not St. Pattys Day. Thats a different day entirely.Election Day Just recognize that its Election Day coming up, where all those model citizens will get off and take care of their duties to the country. This is not Columbus Day, its not just for the Italians. Its certainly not St. Pattys Day, its not just for the Irish. Its for all of those who have the ability to vote in our country. So get out and do that, please.The grass in Tiger Stadium tastes best I have a little tradition that humbles me as a man, that lets me know that Im a part of the field and part of the game, and its the very bottom as well as the very top. Yeah, thats going to be all over the internet. You know what, you should have seen some games before this. I can tell you one thing: The grass in Tiger Stadium tastes best. -- Miles on eating grass against Alabama during a game in 2010A very stiff dew It would be far from me to say that it ever rained Saturday night in Tiger Stadium. But it was very close to rain, if not a very stiff dew. -- Miles on playing Auburn during a rainy night in 2013.If I read books ... When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, its like reading a book and its exciting. I dont read books. But if I read books, it would be like reading a book.?The hammer and the nail Two very quality teams take the field and compete like a son of a b---- for victory, and you know what, its not a hammer-and-a-nail relationship. Its an opportunity for an opponent to be equal and to raise their level of play in such a fashion that they win. And thats how this thing works. That in fact you respect the opponent and hes not the hammer and hes not the fricking nail, hes the opponent. You understand? Im just letting you know I resent that. I resent the fact that suddenly we were nailed. You got it? I mean honest to Petes. I mean, s---, we were a pretty good team last year. I thought we played like a son of a b---- in that stadium. Im just letting you know, I felt differently than the nail, so you know. -- Miles discussing a reporters inference that LSU had been the hammer and Florida the nail in a 17-6 win in 2013 compared to the opposite being true when they met the previous seasonThe upper quadrant of speed I brought the team to the field, and I just want you to know that it appeared to me that the field was strong with excess band members and people with flags and maybe even an occasional mascot or two. And as I made my way through what appeared, again, to be a minefield of people, from the side unbeknownst to me, there was a contact between one of our players and a cheerleader -- male, I might add. That male cheerleader kind of clipped me from the side as I was running full speed, or slower than full speed, but generally in the upper quadrant of speed. And I hit the ground pretty good. But I was masked by the flag. There was a flag waver there that certainly hid my embarrassing tumble. ... I was not nicked. I came up gingerly, but kind of walked it off and avoided a baton twirler as I got to the bench. -- Miles on falling down while leading the team out of the tunnel before the Alabama game in 2011Beach vs. beach location He went to a beach location. It wasnt a beach. He had no problem in the beach at all. The beach was not sandy where he was at. It was not ... for instance, there was no, like, crabs there. -- Miles just before spring break in 2016 when asked whether he barred players from visiting places like Panama City Beach, where Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott had been assaulted in a parking-lot fight a year earlierThe chest to lead a program We needed a quarterback. We lost two. We needed a quarterback in this class. There was a gentleman from Indiana that thought about coming to the Bayou State. He did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program, so you know. -- Miles criticizing Gunner Kiel for decommitting from LSU and switching to Notre Dame Wholesale Nashville Predators Jerseys . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Youth Nashville Predators Jerseys . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. http://www.cheappredatorsjerseys.com/ . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Nearly two months into the season, perhaps its time to anoint the Columbus Blue Jackets as the biggest surprise team in the NHL.Looking for a season high-tying fourth straight win -- and the 500th in franchise history -- the Blue Jackets wrap up their season series with the Arizona Coyotes on Monday night at Nationwide Arena.Since entering the league as an expansion team in 2000, Columbus (14-5-4) reached the postseason twice and was eliminated in the opening round each time. While there are still almost 60 games to play in the regular season, the Blue Jackets appear to have the pieces to get in the playoffs and to stick around for a while.We want to earn respect, because we dont have any right now, Columbus coach John Tortorella told the teams official website in November.The Blue Jackets play is turning heads. Columbus five regulation losses are the fewest in the league, and it is averaging 3.13 goals per game -- just barely ahead of the defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins and trailing only the New York Rangers.The Blue Jackets, third in the Metropolitan Division, scored 15 goals in a three-game winning streak over Arizona, and averaged nearly four goals per game while winning six of the last seven at home against the Coyotes.The teams met for the first time this season on Saturday night in Arizona. Boone Jenner scored 13 seconds in and Columbus fired a franchise-record 60 shots on goal through overtime before coming away with a 3-2 shootout win.Jenner scored in each of his last two games, giving him four in 23 contests. He had 11 goals through 23 games last season, and finished with a career-best 30. Tortorella -- never shy about speaking his mind -- said the team needs Jenner to produce like he once did.Weve been able to find our way here in the first quarter of the season without him being a big part of our offense, Tortorella told the Columbus Dispatch. Hes done a lot of other things. But if we can just get his offense going, then you have a little bit of balance if one of our other lines has an off night.What Tortorella has been getting at home is balanced scoring. Four players each totaled at least 10 points in Columbus -- Cam Atkinson (15), Alexander Wennberg (12), Zach Werenski (12) and Nick Foligno (11). Scott Hartnell and Brandon Saad added nine points apiece.Tortorella appears most grateful for Werenski, taken eighthh overall in the 2015 NHL Draft. Cheap Nashville Predators Jerseys. We have an (elite, young) defenseman, and thats a huge position in our game, Tortorella told the Columbus Dispatch. ... Youre always looking for that guy. We feel very fortunate to have a guy who can run our power play at 19 years old. He has a lot to learn, but we feel very fortunate that we have him.After Curtis McElhinney won in the desert, the Blue Jackets will likely turn to Sergei Bobrovsky in goal. With 13 wins, Bobrovsky needs two more to match the total he recorded in 37 games during an injury-plagued 2015-16 season.Bobrovsky is 11-2-1 with a 1.96 goals-against average, a .930 save percentage and two shutouts in his last 14 games.Arizona (8-11-4) is in the middle of a stretch of four games in six days, and will be looking to avoid its fourth straight loss. The Coyotes are last in the Pacific Division and one point ahead of Colorado Avalanche, currently at the bottom of the West.Were trying to be as competitive as we can, coach Dave Tippett told the Arizona Republic. Were scratching and clawing trying to get points. We feel like were in every game.Mike Smith stopped a career-best 58 shots Saturday -- the third time in four games that hes faced at least 40 shots.Frustrating would be a good word but its even worse than that right now, Smith said. At some point, youd like to see your team move forward and take steps in the right direction to start having your chance to win hockey games.It seems like once we take one step forward were taking a couple back. Its tough to play like that in this league and expect to come out and win hockey games.Smith is 1-2-1 with a 2.90 GAA and .887 save percentage over his last five games in Columbus. Coyotes captain Shane Doan said Smith is keeping the team in games.The last two weeks hes been in a zone, Doan said. Thats the only reason were even remotely close to getting points or getting any kind of team success.Doan, who scored in Saturdays loss, is on the cusp of a milestone, needing one goal to become the 93rd player in NHL history to score 400. Doan, the last of the original Winnipeg Jets after being selected seventh overall in 1995, scored a goal in two of his last three visits to Ohio, giving him nine in 26 career games there. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: