l, and the fact that we have pretty good sup | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jan 26 '18
TAMPA, Fla. Dallas Thomas Jersey . - Hope Solo got her 71st career shutout, Sydney Leroux scored a first-half goal, and the United States womens team beat France 1-0 in a friendly Saturday night. Solo made a nice save on Elodie Thomis early on, and got a break when Eugenie Le Sommers shot hit the post 15 minutes before halftime. Solo tied Briana Scurry for the most shutouts by a U.S. goalkeeper. "Its an amazing moment, Solo said. "It goes down in history. Im happy it was against a great team. I earned it. I had a couple saves. Thats going to go down as a very memorable game for me." Leroux scored her team-leading seventh goal this season from in-close in the 21st minute. U.S. forward Abby Wambach, who has 167 career goals, was not in the lineup. Wambach hurt her left knee during a NWSL game earlier this month and is listed as day-to-day. The match against France was the first for the U.S. team since Jill Ellis was promoted to head coach on May 16. Ellis was the teams interim coach after Tom Sermanni was unexpectedly fired in early April after an exhibition victory against China. "We just played a tremendous opponent, so its very meaningful," Ellis said. France made a late push in the second half, but failed to get the equalizer. "France put the pedal down," Ellis said. "But I thought we defended very well." "We had chances," France midfielder Ines Jaurena said. U.S. forward Alex Morgan entered in the 49th minute, her first national team appearance since November. Morgan had been out with an ankle injury. "Its been a long time definitely," Morgan said. "The speed (of the game) I need to get used to." Saturdays start was delayed 40 minutes due a thunderstorm that prompted officials at Raymond James Stadium to clear the stands and have fans move to covered areas under the stands 30 minutes before the scheduled 7:30 start. It was the first meeting between the teams since the 2012 Olympics, which the U.S. won 4-2 The U.S. women will host the eight-team CONCACAF World Cup qualifying tournament in October. Stefen Wisniewski Jersey . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. Mychal Kendricks Jersey . Power had a two-lap average of 218.896 mph in qualifying Friday at the high-banked, high-speed 1 1/2-mile track for his 34th career pole.GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Phil Jackson said it happens every time he walks around New York.Someone asks the question, How we gonna be? How we doing? Jackson said.OK, so how are the Knicks going to be?We believe were going to be a playoff team, Jackson said Friday, and then we dont know how far well be able to go, but were hoping for the best.It was an optimistic and possibly realistic view of the Knicks, who went 37-45 last season and missed the playoffs. Jackson was hired as team president late in the season, re-signed All-Star Carmelo Anthony, hired Derek Fisher as coach, and engineered a number of roster moves to make the team younger, deeper and quicker.He also hopes that makes them better, but the 11-time champion as a coach with the Bulls and Lakers realizes theres a process to building contending teams that the Knicks havent been following.Usually teams come into the playoffs and learn from being in the playoffs, and gradually assume the capabilities of carrying out the championship, Jackson said. I was fortunate to have a situation in L.A. where a team had gone into the playoffs. They had been swept a couple of times in the playoff run, but they had been in the midst of the playoffs and were able to win the very first year that I coached that team there, which was a ready-made team basically with tremendous talent. Very similar situation in Chicago.This team does not got a personality. Its got over 35 per cent of this team has changed, so we still have to kind of come together in a bonding way that creates trust, teamwork, identity, some things like that.But at least they have stability. The chaos of the Knicks 2013-14 season began just before training camp, when Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan shook up the franchise by firing general manager Glen Grunwald and hiring Steve Mills after the Knicks won 54 games and the Atlantic Divvision title. Isaac Seumalo Jersey. Grunwald was a longtime friend of coach Mike Woodson, who lost his strongest supporter in the organization and had nobody to publicly back him when the team sputtered at the start.I think it feels much, much better now, Mills said. I think the addition of Phil to the team I think adds a different look in terms of creating a culture. I think that was important to Carmelo and I think its important as how we move forward as a unit. So I think theres a lot more stability, I see the sort of rhythm to how we need to build the team.Besides retaining Anthony, Jacksons biggest move was a trade that sent starters Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas that brought the Knicks veterans Jose Calderon and Samuel Dalembert. But Jackson and Fisher both expect the Eastern Conference to be tougher than the one that allowed Atlanta to make the post-season with a 38-44 record last season, so those moves may not be good enough for the Knicks.Fisher said Anthony is the only certain starter at the moment. He will begin figuring out the rest Tuesday at West Point, when he opens his first training camp as a coach.Jackson said it usually takes a team a month to six weeks from there to jell, which would mean he should have an idea of what the Knicks have by the time he returns to Los Angeles for Thanksgiving. But he cautions that things can change.Last year the Knicks had an injury right away to Tyson Chandler. Everything was kind of upset. J.R. Smith was suspended to start the season. All kinds of things hindered their progress and it affected their season, Jackson said. So we cant control that. We try to control what we can control, and the fact that we have pretty good supporting cast and we have some young players, we think that we can really get them playing hard and playing together, and thats what well try to do. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: