State pulled off a 45-38 upset in double overtime last year | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 4 '17
SAN ANTONIO -- LeBron James and Dwyane Wade lingered at the edge of the court for a few extra moments after Game 4 of the NBA Finals, waiting to tend to one last piece of business. They wanted to shake Chris Boshs hand. By now, its not a surprise when the biggest man in Miamis trio of stars gets overshadowed, which surely seemed to be the case once again in the game that essentially saved any hope the Heat have at winning their second straight NBA title. James scored 33 points in his best game of the finals and Wade played his best game in about three months with 32 points, but Boshs 20-point, 13-rebound effort in Miamis 109-93 win over San Antonio was not lost on the Heat. "He got into the battle. He got into the fight," Wade said. "He played big for us. Thirteen rebounds, thats what we need from him and obviously 20 points. He played the way that we love to see Chris Bosh play." Put another way, if Bosh keeps playing like this, there could be another parade down Biscayne Boulevard in a few days. Maligned throughout much of the playoffs for relying almost too much on the long jumper and 3-point shot -- hes exceptional from the outside for a big man, but went 0 for 4 from 3-point range in Miamis loss in Game 1 of the finals -- Bosh quietly changed his approach. In the next three games of the finals, hes taken one 3-pointer, and that was a meaningless misfire with the Heat down by 26 points midway through the fourth quarter of San Antonios romp in Game 3. Hes had three straight double-doubles, just the second time thats happened all season. Hes stayed in more comfortable offensive locales inside the arc, and has totalled 44 points and 33 rebounds in the most recent three games of the series -- three more points and three more rebounds than the Spurs Tim Duncan has collected in that span. Yes, the NBA found him guilty of flopping in Game 4, fining him $5,000 for his arms-flailing fall after a nudge by Duncan. Overall, though, Bosh was anything but a flop in a game that kept Miami from going into what would have been a dreaded 3-1 hole. "I dont know really what the difference has been with Chris," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said on Friday, an off day for both teams before the series resumes with Game 5 in San Antonio on Sunday. "All we know is we need it. And last night he played all his minutes at the centre, where we needed it even more. It will be a collective effort. But there wont be anybody else we can turn to." The Heat have an offensive style all their own, the so-called positionless approach. The starting lineup in Game 4 was James, Wade, Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller along with Bosh, meaning it was four perimeter players with one big man, against a Spurs lineup that has, in Duncan, one of the best power forwards of all time. Bosh played Duncan evenly. Both scored 20. The other star matchups, those were Miami routs. James and Wade combined for 65 points. San Antonios Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili combined for 20. "When those guys play like that," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said of Miamis three stars, "you better be playing a more perfect game." Spoelstras decision to start Miller in Game 4 sparked a flurry of trickledown effects. The Spurs went to their bench 47 seconds into the game. Millers mere presence helped open up some space for James and Wade, and their big scoring nights were no coincidence. It also gave Bosh extra room to manoeuvr inside, where he seemed active as hed been at any point in the series, maybe the entire playoffs. "I was able to get in the paint a lot more," Bosh said. "I think it really opened up my game a little bit. The jumper really wasnt there in the first half, but it came eventually. I was just able to get in a really good flow." The second half, he was darn close to perfect. He made five of his six shots, had nine rebounds, two blocks to keep the game tied in a two-possession span midway through the third quarter, even got on the floor for a loose ball as teammates around him couldnt wait to pull him up and slap his backside. And when the night was over, Bosh really wasnt all that fascinated with his stat line. All that mattered was the win. "Its just the disposition, first of all, with myself, and then everybody else," Bosh said. "Those things are going to follow. I dont really pay too much attention to the numbers. Its just how Im doing, the energy and effort that Im giving out there, and everything else falls into place. I always believe that if I bring the necessary energy, things will go well." Thats why the Heat have called him their most important player for the last three years. Thats also why, after a game where they grabbed the headlines, James and Wade wouldnt walk into the Texas night without their big man. "Ever since weve gotten together, since the first game, weve had to respond to adversity," Bosh said. "Thats something that we pride ourselves on. And we really concentrate. When things get rough and theyre not going like you want them to go, thats when we pull together even more." Nike Air Max 90 . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. Air Max 90 Sale . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. http://www.airmax90trainerssale.com/ . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. EUGENE, Ore. -- The joyful tears in Colorado coach Mike MacIntyres eyes summed up what the victory over Oregon meant for the Buffaloes.Everything.Our goal is to win a Pac-12 championship. I know a lot of people still laugh about it, but thats what those young men believe and if we cant believe it than we can never achieve it, he said.Colorado (3-1) had not been able to defeat the Ducks since joining the Pac-12 in 2011 until Saturday, when Steven Montez threw for 333 yards and three touchdowns in a 41-38 victory.Ahkello Witherspoon intercepted Dakota Prukops pass to Darren Carrington in the end zone on Oregons final drive to preserve the win.Afterward MacIntyre hugged his son Jay, a sophomore receiver, and wiped away tears as the team celebrated.The Ducks were stunned.I havent been through something like this before. It sucks, Prukop said. Youve just got to eat it, learn from it. Cant let it happen again. Just move on.The Buffaloes had retaken the lead following a controversial 31-yard touchdown from Montez to Bryce Bobo. After review, the officials ruled Bobo had control of the ball in his right hand when his right foot came down in the end zone -- but the crowd at Autzen Stadium booed in disagreement.Im never confident on anything that goes to review, and I dont mean that negatively. You just dont know, MacIntyre said. But the way he caught it and his was foot was in, I thought theyd give it to him. You could see he had possession and he didnt bobble it.The Buffaloes led from the start and went up 33-17 following Montezs 48-yard TD pass to Devin Ross to open the second half.But Kani Benoit scored on a 3-yard touchdown to pull Oregon (2-2) within 33-31. Troy Dyes interception on Colorados subsequent possession led to Prukups 18-yard go-ahead TD pass to Carrington late in the third quarter.The Buffaloes led 21-7 against Michigan last weekend but fell behind to lose 45-28. Oregon was coming off a 35-32 loss at Nebraska last weekend.Both teams were without key playmakers.Oregon running back Royce Freeman, who left the game against the Huskers after five carries with a leg injury, watched from sidelines although he warmed up in pads with the team. Kani Benoit made his first career start in Freemans place.The Buffaloes didnt have senior quarterback Sefo Liufau, who left the game at the Big House with an ankle injury after throwing for 246 yards and three touchdowns.Montez, who also rushed for 135 yards, was the first CColorado quarterback ever to throw for more than 300 yards and rush for more than 100 in a single game.dddddddddddd sensed the momentum change but I knew it wasnt going to slip away because we are a different Colorado team. Were mentally tough, were mentally strong and were confident, Montez said. I knew the game wasnt going to slip out of our hands.THE TAKEAWAYColorado: The Buffaloes showed surprising toughness on defense despite missing one of their top defensive players, linebacker Derek McCartney, who tore his right ACL and is out for the season. They also were resilient on offense in the absence of Liufau. Ross finished with seven catches for 153 yards.Oregon: It was anticipated that the Ducks would come out with zeal following the disappointing loss to the Huskers but they sputtered from the start, allowing Colorado to jump out to an early 22-7 lead in the opening half. The Ducks appeared to gain some momentum when Danny Mattingly ran 29 yards on a fake punt and Oregon went on to score on a 25-yard touchdown pass from Prukop to Carrington but still struggled against the Buffaloes.ABOUT THOSE TWO-POINT CONVERSIONS: After Colorado took a 10-0 lead early, Taj Griffin scored on a 1-yard run for Oregon. The Ducks looked as though they were lining up for a two-point conversion, drawing strident boos from the crowd at Autzen. But Aidan Schneider ran out to kick the PAT.Last weekend against Nebraska the Ducks went for the two-point conversion five times, and were successful just once. The tactic was questioned in the aftermath of the loss.UP NEXTColorado: After two straight on the road, the Buffaloes return home to host Oregon State. The Beavers (1-2) hold a 5-3 advantage in the all-time series, but Colorado won the last one, 17-13. Oregon State fell 38-24 at home to Boise State earlier Saturday.Oregon: The Ducks head north for a game against Washington State in Pullman. The Cougars (1-2) have a bye this weekend. While Oregon has a 47-34-6 advantage in the all-time series, Washington State pulled off a 45-38 upset in double overtime last year in Eugene.QUOTABLE:Crazy up and down game but we ended up pulling it out. Thats definitely the most crazy atmosphere Ive ever been in. I think that surpasses the Big House in my opinion. Thats the most fun Ive had in football in a while, Montez said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: