m in the 30th round of the 2 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Nov 4 '17
ICC chairman Shashank Manohar has contradicted BCCI president Anurag Thakurs claim in his affidavit to the Supreme Court that he did not ask the ICC for a letter stating that the Lodha Committees recommendation to have a member of the Comptroller and Auditor Generals office on the apex council of the BCCI amounted to government interference in the board. White Adidas NMD 2018 .In an email to the Lodha Committee on November 2, Manohar wrote that Thakur had asked him to issue a letter but he had refused to do so.The matter was last heard in the Supreme Court on December 15 and the court said there was, on first impression, enough evidence for a charge of perjury against Thakur.Manohar, in his email, said Thakur had made the request on August 6, at an ICC meeting also attended by ICC directors Giles Clarke, David Peever and Imran Khawaja, as well as ICC CEO David Richardson and COO Iain Higgins.During the meeting Mr. Thakur pointed out to me that when I was the President of BCCI, a submission was advanced before the Supreme Court at my behest that the appointment of a nominee of the CAG on the Apex Council might amount to Governmental interference and would invoke an action of suspension from the ICC, Manohar wrote. He therefore requested me to issue a letter to that effect in my capacity as ICC Chairman.I declined to issue such a letter and explained to him that the said submission was advanced before the Hon Supreme Court when the court was hearing the matter. However, on 18-7-2016 the Hon SC delivered its judgement in the matter and rejected the submission that the appointment of a nominee of the CAG would amount to governmental interference.I therefore explained to Mr Thakur that the issue having been decided by the Hon Supreme Court of India, which is the highest court of the country and whose judgement binds everybody, I cannot give him any such letter. All this transpired in the presence of the Directors I have named earlier and the CEO and COO of ICC.The issue first arose on September 12, when India Today quoted Richardson as saying that Thakur had asked the games governing body for a letter that would support the BCCIs stance against the Lodha Committees recommendations: the ICC does not permit government interference in the running of its Full Member boards.The Supreme Court got involved, asking Thakur why he would need to ask for such a letter when the court had already approved the Lodha Committees recommendation for a CAG official on the apex council. On October 17, Thakur filed an affidavit in which he denied asking the ICC for such a letter.Thakur said he only asked Manohar what his stance on the matter had been when he was the BCCI president. I pointed out to the Chairman of the ICC, Mr Shashank Manohar that, when he was President of BCCI, he had taken a view that the recommendations of the Justice Lodha committee appointing the nominee of the CAG on the Apex Council would amount to governmental interference, and might invoke an action of suspension from ICC, Thakur had said in his affidavit. I therefore requested him that, being the ICC Chairman, can a letter be issued clarifying the position which he had taken as BCCI President.According to Lodha Committee secretary Gopal Sankaranarayanan, there was a discrepancy in the affidavit submitted by Thakur and the letter submitted by Manohar. In [Anurag] Thakurs version of events it is a clarification he had sought. In Manohars version of events, he said, As ICC chairman I was asked to give a letter, not a clarification, saying that this amounts to interference.The Lodha Committee - comprising former Chief Justice of India RM Lodha and retired Supreme Court judges Ashok Bhan and R Raveendran - was formed in January 2015 to determine appropriate punishments for some of the officials involved in the 2013 IPL corruption scandal, and also to propose changes to streamline the BCCI, reform its functioning, prevent sporting fraud and conflict of interest.In January 2016, the committee released its report, which recommended an exhaustive overhaul of the BCCIs governance and administrative structures. On July 18, the Supreme Court approved the majority of the recommendations and directed the Lodha Committee to supervise the BCCIs implementations of the same. However, despite the Lodha Committee laying out timelines and other directives, the board has not cooperated because its state associations objected to the recommendations. Grey Adidas NMD 2018 . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Supply Adidas NMD Shoes . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. http://www.cheapadidasnmdshop.com/ . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. MINNEAPOLIS -- James Shields will try to build on an encouraging outing his last time out when he takes the mound for the Chicago White Sox against the Minnesota Twins on Saturday night at Target Field.Shields allowed two runs on six hits and three walks in six innings of work against the Detroit Tigers on Monday but did not figure into the decision. Chicago eventually lost the game 4-3.It was a marked improvement from his previous five starts in August when the right-hander went 0-4 with a 13.95 ERA, allowing 31 earned runs in just 20 innings of work.Shields time with the White Sox has been inconsistent: He allowed 21 earned runs in his first three trips to the mound after his trade in early June from San Diego, then had a 2.11 ERA in his next seven starts before his troubles in August.The White Sox are hoping Mondays outing is the beginning of another uptick.As the game went on, I got a little more comfortable and made some pitches when I needed to, Shields told the Chicago Tribune after his last start. I was really happy with the way I was throwing (my curveball) for strikes, getting ahead of hitters right away, throwing it early in the count for strikes.Minnesota will send former White Sox starter Hectoor Santiago to the mound. Wholesale 2018 Adidas NMD Online. . Santiago will also be trying to follow up a quality start, his first with the Twins since being acquired from the Los Angeles Angels in a trade on Aug. 1.Santiago shutout the Cleveland Indians over 6 1/3 innings on Monday but did not get a win after Cleveland won 1-0 in extra innings. The left-hander walked four men but gave up just three hits.I think I pitched smart (on Monday) in a sense that I didnt give in to certain guys and made pitches when I needed to in big situations, Santiago told MLB.com. This is what I want to do and what I know I can do. Its been rough the last couple weeks, but hopefully were on the right road now.Santiago had lost all four of his previous starts with the Twins, rolling up a 10.89 ERA in 19 innings pitched.He went 8-10 with a 3.41 ERA over parts of three seasons with the White Sox from 2011-2013, the club that drafted him in the 30th round of the 2006 draft.Santiago has been effective in limited action against his former club, going 2-1 with a 1.40 ERA in three career starts against them when with the Angels. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: