great opportunity | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
xiaolan
xiaolan Jan 17 '18
Paul Lambert insisted he was not bothered whether he was 50th or first choice for the Stoke City job after admitting that he thought his chance to manage in the Premier League again had gone. Speaking on the day he was presented as Mark Hughes’s successor, Lambert also defended his record as Aston Jahri Evans Womens Jersey Villa manager and pointed to his time as a player at Borussia Dortmund as evidence that he can prove people wrong. Adidas NHL Youth Miles Wood Red Home Premier Jersey - #44 New Jersey DevilsOut of work since http://www.chargersofficialauthenticstore.com/Max-Tuerk-Jersey leaving Wolves in the summer, Lambert gave the impression that Doug Martin Womens Jersey he was determined to make the most of an unexpected opportunity after Stoke missed out on their top three managerial targets. Gary Rowett, Quique Sánchez Flores and Martin O’Neill were ahead of Lambert on the shortlist but decided that the Stoke job was not for them. Men's Nike Seattle Seahawks #94 Malik McDowell Limited Black 2016 Salute to Service NFL JerseyLambert, on the other hand, did not need to think twice. “I see it as a great opportunity,” he said. “I never thought I would get the chance to get back to this level. Whether I was 50th or first choice, it never really mattered to me. I’m honoured to be here and can’t wait to get started. Everybody knows it’s a real stable club – only two managers in 12 years.” Although Stoke’s supporters seem uninspired by the http://www.49ersofficialsprostore.com/Jimmy_Garoppolo_Jersey_Cheapdecision to appoint Lambert, the club’s directors are not overly concerned by that reaction. They point to the fact that Tony Pulis and Hughes went on to enjoy success despite being unpopular choices and insist that Lambert came across extremely well during his interview. From Lambert’s point of view, any negativity towards him is seen in a wider context. “I’ve never been spoon-fed for my whole career, I have always done it the hard way as a player and a manager. I went to Borussia Dortmund on trial with http://www.falconsauthenticofficialstore.com/derrick-shelby-jersey_c-518.html a bag and some clothes, not knowing what my next move was going to be. I played four trial games and Mr [Ottmar Hitzfeld] said: ‘You’ve done all right, do you want a contract?’ Then I played against Bayer Leverkusen and the career took off and a year later I was winning the European Cup, so it’s not bad.” As for his managerial record, Lambert highlighted the fact that Norwich finished joint-10th in the Premier League under Womens Wade Boggs Jersey him and clearly feels that his time at Villa, where he was sacked after the club dropped into the relegation zone during his third season, should be seen in a different light in the context of their struggles since. “It’s people’s perceptions that maybe I didn’t do a good job at Aston Villa. But I think Aston Villa were only ever once in the bottom three and that was towards the end. The [financial] constraints there were certainly a bit different.” With Stoke in 18th place and games running out, Lambert needs to make an impact quickly. He talked about playing “15 cup finals” between now and the end of the season and was bullish about their prospects. “I’m 100% sure we’ve got more than enough to http://www.seahawkshopfootballofficial.com/WOMENS-BRAYLON-EDWARDS-JERSEY.html stay up,” he said. Money is available in the transfer market but work will also need to be done on the training ground to address the defensive weaknesses that have led to 50 goals being conceded. “We have to stop that,” Lambert said. “We have to be Rod Gilbert Jersey more resolute in what we’re doing, stronger and more aggressive with it, and if we do that we’ll be fine. We’ve got one of the best goalkeepers in Europe at the minute – looking at him [Jack Butland], he’s been exceptional.” The fight for survival starts with Huddersfield’s visit on Saturday. “You are where you are for a reason and sometimes you can sleepwalk into things when you think everything is a bed of roses and: ‘Oh we fell into that trap,’” Lambert said, reflecting on Stoke’s predicament. “Mark did a great job here and there are some really talented footballers, but maybe as a group they just fell below the standard they set beforehand. It’s up to me to get them back to that standard.” cheap jerseys paypal cheap mlb jerseys discount jerseys nfl jerseys nike wholesale nfl jerseys nike nfl jerseys nike jerseys for cheap wholesale nba jerseys
Share: