Daniel Alfredsson will serve as one alternate while | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 29 '17
NAPLES, Fla. Jerry Rice Jersey . -- Even though he has beaten Bernhard Langer twice down the stretch for Champions Tour titles, Kirk Triplett isnt ready to say hes the German stars nemesis. "No," Triplett said. "Were just going to say the sample size is still very small." The 51-year-old Triplett won the ACE Group Classic on Sunday for his third Champions Tour title, holing a 6-foot par putt on the final hole for a one-stroke victory. Triplett shot a 6-under 66 to finish at 16-under 200 on TwinEagles Talon Course. He won the 50-and-over tours Pebble Beach event the last two years after winning three times on the PGA Tour. "Ive never won out here on this side of the world," Triplett said. "Im a West Coast guy through and through, so to win on this Bermuda grass is, I think, a little bit of a minor miracle for me." Langer, the defending champion, Duffy Waldorf and Olin Browne tied for second. Playing in the final threesome, Triplett, Langer and Waldorf were tied for the lead with a hole to play. In Tripletts last win at Pebble Beach, he also was paired with Langer, who has owned this event the last three years, winning in 2011 and 2013 and finishing second behind Kenny Perry in 2012. "Hes awesome to play with," Triplett said. "Im telling you, you know the guy, hes such a great competitor and hes such a nice man. We were joking last week, If you shot one shot worse than Bernhard every day all year, what would you finish on the money list? Somebody goes, Second, right? because it just feels that way sometimes." On the par-4 18th, Waldorf drove into a bunker and wound up with a bogey for a 66. "I hit a bad drive," he said. "So I mean, it was a bad drive. The pin was in a tough spot. I laid up fine, but I spun my wedge a lot and just didnt -- I didnt hit it close enough to have a chance for par." Admittedly using the wrong club, Langers second shot sailed left, and his 12-footer for par curled around the cup for bogey and a 67. Tripletts second shot from a divot landed about 25 feet from the pin. His birdie putt went past the hole and he made the 6-footer for the victory. "You want to make birdies but you dont want to make bogeys and youre thinking to yourself, 4s not going to lose this probably, " Triplett said. "I mean, it might. If it does, if it loses the 18th hole, you look the guy in the eye, shake his hand and say, Well done, sir. "It wasnt the best (putt) I made all day, but it was good enough." Langer has finished in the top 10 in 40 of the last 48 tournaments hes played in. The German star won the season-opening event in Hawaii last month for his 19th Champions Tour title. Waldorf, coming off a playoff loss to Michael Allen last week in Boca Raton in the Allianz Championship, almost holed out on the par-3 16th. Colin Kaepernick Jersey . JOHNS, N. Patrick Willis Jersey . Kalish got his first hit since Sept. 11, 2012, when he rapped an RBI triple in the first inning Sunday in the Chicago Cubs 8-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies.Pavel Datsyuk will be the man to don the "C" for the Russian Olympic hockey team when they play on home ice in Sochi. Speaking with R-Sport on Wednesday, Russias head coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov said the coaching staff had decided on Datsyuk as the teams captain. "We have a candidate for the teams captain who was agreed upon unanimously by the coaching staff - it is Pavel Datsyuk." Datsyuk later confirmed the news via Twitter. "I am honoured to be named a captain. Our team embraces the opportunity and responsibility of representing our country on the home ice." The Red Wings forward - and alternate captain - has appeared in three previous Olympic Games for Russia, winning one medal - a bronze at Salt Lake City in 2002. The 35-year-old has 15 goals and 17 assists in 35 games with the Red Wings this season. Datsyuk will take the placce of Aleksey Morozov, who captained the team in 2010 but was not named to the Sochi roster. NaVorro Bowman Jersey. Other candidates for the captaincy included Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals and Ilya Kovalchuk, formerly of the New Jersey Devils. Ovechkin had voiced support for Datsyuk as captain when the Olympic roster was announced. According to R-Sport, Kovalchuk did not believe the captaincy meant more than a letter. "A patch on your chest means nothing. To win at the Olympics, everyone in our team must be a captain." Datsyuk is the second Red Wing to be named a captain at the 2014 Games, Henrik Zetterberg was named captain of the Swedish team. Teammate Daniel Alfredsson will serve as one alternate while Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin will serve as the other. In total, ten Red Wings will travel to the Sochi Games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: