Derrick Henry Jonathan Taylor among many star RBs angry about Saquon Barkley Josh Jacobs franchise tags | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ymakerpi8d
ymakerpi8d Mar 13
The deadline for franchise-tagged players came and went Monday with -- the ' , the ' and the ' -- agreeing to long-term deals. Pollard, who signed his franchise tender back in March, is not expected to mi s much time going forward, but both Barkley Max Fried Jersey and Jacobs are , per reports.Barkley, coming off an outstanding 1,650-yard, 10-touchdown season in which he also tied for the team lead in receptions (57) seemed frustrated Monday when it became clear no deal was coming. It is what it is Saquon Barkley (@saquon) Jacobs, meanwhile, tried to set the record straight on his objectives for a long-term deal and also had plenty to say about his accomplishments. We never tried to reset the market Josh Jacobs (@iAM_JoshJacobs) One healthy season but I have every raider record damn near Josh Jacobs (@iAM_JoshJacobs) Jacobs' league-leading 1,653 rushing yards and 2,053 yards from scrimmage last season are both second in franchise history Shane Greene Jersey behind Hall-of-Famer Marcus Allen's magnificent 1985. Jacobs already ranks fifth in career rushing yards and third in career rushing touchdowns in Raiders history. The disappointing day for running backs particularly irked star , who took to Twitter to expre s his frustrations. At this point , just take the RB position out the game then . The ones that want to be great & work as hard as they can to give their all to an organization , just seems like it dont even matter . Im with every RB thats fighting to get what they deserve . Derrick Henry (@KingHenry_2) Henry, it should be noted, is one of a handful of running backs ., who, like Henry, got , expre sed similar frustrations, calling Monday's proceedings "criminal." This is Criminal. Three of the best PLAYERS in the entire league, regardle s of position. Christian McCaffrey (@CMC_22) , who will be a free agent after this season, had some thoughts, too. Wow. Jonathan Taylor (@JayT23) 1. If youre good enough, theyll find you. 2. If you work hard enough, youll succeed. If you succeed3. You boost the Organizationand thenDoesnt matter, youre a RB Jonathan Taylor (@JayT23) , who , was among several other standouts who chimed in. This is the kind of trash that has artificially devalued one of the most important positions in the game. Everyone knows its tough to win without a top RB and yet they act like we are discardable widgets. I support any RB doing whatever it takes to get his bag. Austin Ekeler (@AustinEkeler) Scott Kazmir Jersey I agree with my running back brothers around the NFL- history will show that you need running backs to win- we set the tone every game and run trough walls for our team and lead in many ways- this notion that we deserve le s is a joke. Najee Harris (@ohthatsNajee22) its kinda sad to say this, but its gotta be said I never thought I would see the day where Im REALLY trying to persuade a little kid to play a different position Mark Melancon Jersey other than running back Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) Former New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs came to the defense of his position also. Running backs are needed. No position on the field is better. Your most explosive players by far. If the NFL wont respect them get rid of the position. Brandon Jacobs (@BrandonJacobs27) about the lack of running back value as well. "It's crazy to me because running backs bring so much value. You got to be able to protect, and have to pa s protect just like an offensive lineman. You have to know all the offensive line calls up front, who they're working to. You have to run the ball as well with 11 guys trying to hit you. You make it hard to take you off the field, so you're involved in the pa sing game. You're doing just as much as anyone else except for the quarterback and maybe the center on offense . I really don't understand how the position got devalued, but I hope our value comes back because if you look at it, running backs make a big difference in the game. Whether it's protecting the quarterback -- being that sixth-man in protection -- running the ball, or taking pre sure off of the quarterback Jared Shuster Jersey in the pa sing game ."
Share: