2022 Super Bowl Rams Sean McVay says he wont make it coaching until 60 hints at early retirement | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ymakerpi8d
ymakerpi8d Mar 13
At 36, Sean McVay is one half of the youngest head coaching matchup in Super Bowl history. He's set to coach his second Super Bowl in just four years after losing Super Bowl LIII, when he Omari Spellman Jersey became the youngest coach in NFL history to guide his team to the game. But none of that nece sarily means McVay will be patrolling sidelines for countle s years to come. Ahead of Sunday's big game, the coach Friday that he "won't make it" if he coaches until he's 60, the age of six fellow NFL head coaches, and hinted at a potential early retirement for the sake of his family."I love this so much that it's such a pa sion, but I also know ... what I've seen from some of my closest friends, whether it's coaches or even some of our players," McVay said, per ESPN. "I'm gonna be married this summer, I want to have a family and I think being able to find that balance Ed Davis Jersey but also be able to give the time nece sary -- I have always had a dream about being able to be a father, and I can't predict the future, you know?"McVay's remarks came after he indicated he wouldn't "make it" if he's still coaching into his 60s. He doubled down on the uncertainty later in the pre s conference, despite joking he James Johnson Jersey 'll probably end up on the sidelines at 61 anyway. "I know I love football and I'm so invested in this thing and I'm in the moment right now," he said. Kevin Garnett Jersey "But at some point, too, if you said, what do you want to be able to do? I want to be able to have a family, and I want to be able to spend time with them."While McVay is under contract through the 2023 season alongside Rams general manager Les Snead, , there have been recent rumblings about the coach's long-term future. McVay has considered -- even recently -- working as a TV analyst as an alternative to coaching, according to ESPN's Lindsey Thiry, and ESPN's Jeremy Fowler previously indicated McVay could be on track to follow in the footsteps of ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden, who took a nearly decade-long break from coaching after his dismi sal from the at Jarred Vanderbilt Jersey age 45. Before any decision regarding his future, McVay will try to secure his first Lombardi Trophy. He and the Rams will host the in Super Bowl LVI on Sunday, with kickoff slated for 6:30 p.m. ET.
Share: