d for him. He worked his tail off to un | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Oct 27 '17
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A year after Patrick Kanes career appeared in jeopardy because of a sexual assault claim, the Chicago Blackhawks star was named one of the alternate captains for the United States for the World Cup of Hockey. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Authentic .Its a huge honor for sure, Kane said. Its one of those things I dont know if I was expecting to receive that, but at the same time, I still think its a responsibility I can handle and hopefully take somewhat of a leadership role and take charge.The sexual assault case in his hometown of Buffalo, New York, was dropped Nov. 5 for what the prosecutor said was a clear lack of evidence, and Kane quickly put the off-ice troubles aside. He had an early 26-game points streak and became the first American-born player to win the Art Ross (top scorer) and Hart (most valuable player) trophies.Sometimes you look back, its almost like a blur, it went by so quick, he said. It didnt seem like it at the time but it was a really fun year.He had 106 points (46 goals, 60 assists) to become the first player to crack the 100-point mark in four seasons, and finished 17 points ahead of runner-up Jamie Benn of the Dallas Stars.He was on a roll early, got his confidence going and never looked back, said David Backes, the Boston center and U.S. teammate.Along the way Kane might have grown up as well. The incident in Buffalo was the latest of several brushes with the law in his career.Im 27 years old. Im going to be 28 later this year; you want to maximize your potential, he said. You want to get all you can out of your prime while youre still young, maybe advance that prime into your later years too. Thats where my thinking is now.U.S. and Columbus Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella knew Kanes reputation but did not know him before the Americans training camp opened Monday in the Ohio city.He has matured. We all see that, the coach said. A lot of things have gone on with him obviously. Just talking to with him one-on-one here in the past couple of days you can see the maturity.Thats why Kane was named an alternate captain, along with the Minnesota Wilds Ryan Suter, to captain Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks.I want (Kane) to take more responsibility now, Tortorella said. Hes ready for more responsibility as a leader of a U.S. team where before it was `Kaner, go play and hes really good at it. I think hes ready for more responsibility and Im ready to give it to him because he deserves it.The game has always come easy for Kane, who has won Stanley Cups with the Blackhawks in 2010, 13 and 15 and a silver medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. But last season he went to a different level.He was the best player in the league last year, Montreal Canadiens winger Max Pacioretty said. Not many people can play the game the way he does. Hes special.He, Kane and Pavelski form the top line for the U.S. and they need to come through for any chance of winning the eight-team tournament. The U.S plays World Cup favorite Canada in an exhibition games Friday in Columbus and Saturday in Ottawa.The focus will be on Kane but this time for a good reason.I sometimes catch myself over the summer saying, `OK, you did it once but can you do it again? Can you prove yourself again? Kane said. It gave me a little bit of motivation over the summer, a lot of motivation. I want to get back to the level, stay there and do it as long as I can. Its fun when youre producing like that on the ice. You feel awesome. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys China . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. http://www.cheapnuggetsjerseys.com/ . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. BEREA, Ohio -- Quarterback Robert Griffin III is on pace to return before the Cleveland Browns season ends, Sashi Brown, the teams vice president of football operations, said Monday.He looks like hes on pace to come back later this year, Brown said.If thats the case, thats great news, Griffin said with a smile.Sources tell ESPNs Josina Anderson that there have been discussions about Griffin possibly returning to practice this week.Griffin started the season opener in Philadelphia but broke his coracoid bone late in the 29-10 loss to the Eagles. Griffin worked out and threw before the Browns loss to the Ravens on Thursday in Baltimore. He said it was not the first time he threw.Coach Pep [Hamilton] and a bunch of the guys have been helping me, staying after practice and throwing a little bit, Griffin said.Griffin will have another bone scan in the next week or two, after which he could be cleared to practice or even play. That would indicate the Browns might wait until after the bye week Dec. 4 to bring Griffin back, but, even if they do, his starting job is not guaranteed.That wont necessarily be given to him, Brown said. That will be Hues [coach Hue Jacksons] decision.I think hes getting closer, Jackson said. Until I can get him out there will I make a plan for him and know exactly what we want to do. I think today would be premature to make that decision.The Browns have 21 days after Griffin starts practicing to decide whether he will be placed on the active roster.Griffin said hes merely tryinng to stay as healthy as he can. Cheap NBA Jerseys. The on-field workout in Baltimore was part of that process.Just getting back in the swing of things, he said. Throwing the ball, tossing the ball around a little bit. It felt good.He made it clear he wants to play if he is cleared.I know the city is disappointed (with an 0-10 record), Griffin said. These guys in this locker room are disappointed, as well. We got six games left this year, a chance to finish strong. If I got a chance to be a part of that, I definitely want to.Griffin said that at one point he worried whether he could come back this season.You just want to make sure youre healing, fully healed before you get back out there, he said Theres a difference in throwing a football around and 350 (pounds) landing on top of you.Griffin signed a two-year contract with the Browns in March. He is due a $750,000 roster bonus after this season that would keep him for the second season. Brown did not get into the teams long-term plans but did discuss Griffins short season.Durability obviously has been something thats followed him, Brown said. We talked about that in his press conference here opening up. Unfortunately (it) reared its head here again for him. We were all disappointed for him. He worked his tail off to understand the offense and to position himself to start for us, and he gets hurt after a few quarters of play. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: