Girgensons, and we just said we gotta step up," | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 27 '17
PHOENIX - Zack Wheeler pitched effectively, New Yorks hitters lashed balls all over Chase Field and the Mets walked away with a much-needed win. Adam Vinatieri Jersey . Whats concerning is what it may cost them down the road. New York opened a three-game series in the desert with a 7-3 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night, but lost Juan Lagares and Curtis Granderson to injuries. Granderson should be OK in a few days after injuring his left forearm and ribs during a collision with the wall, but Lagares could be out for a little while after straining his right hamstring legging out a grounder. "We look at the big picture, its tough for us," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "Its really tough. Hes played absolutely great, hes swung the bat well, hes earned that right to be out there every day. For this to happen to him now, its a tough break for him and a tough break for everybody." Granderson hit the wall while tracking down a flyball by Miguel Montero in the first inning and left in the sixth as his arm and ribs got progressively sorer. X-rays were negative. Lagares could be out a little longer. New Yorks best hitter at .319, he raced hard down the line on a fielders choice in the seventh. He tried to stay in the game, but left after consulting with the Mets trainer. The injuries overshadowed what had been a solid game for New York, which has yet to get on track early in the season. David Wright added two RBIs and the Mets had 13 hits to open a three-game series. Wheeler (1-2) worked around traffic to end a five-start winless streak and Carlos Torres got the final eight outs for his first career save. Lagares will be evaluated Tuesday morning to see how severe the injury is. "Grandy will be OK, but somebodys got to step up, someone else has got to be the guy," Collins said. The Diamondbacks continued to struggle at home. Montero had three RBIs, but Josh Collmenter (0-1) gave up three runs the first three innings and Arizona was unable to bounce back, losing its sixth straight at home, the longest streak since Aug. 24-29, 2012. "Were just not in sync," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. The Mets and Diamondbacks entered this three-game series hoping to get a spark after a difficult start to the season. Pitching has been a problem during the Mets mediocre run. New York is 26th in the majors with a 4.97 ERA and is the worst in baseball at keeping the ball in the yard, giving up 21 homers. Bartolo Colon gave up four on Sunday, when the Mets allowed 11 extra-base hits — tied for second-most in team history — in a 14-2 loss to Anaheim. Wheeler gave up plenty of baserunners, but no homers and only a couple of runs. Montero hit a run-scoring double off the right-hander in the first inning — when Granderson crashed into the wall — and added a sacrifice fly in the third. Wheeler worked around runners over the next four innings before being lifted with one out in the seventh. He allowed two runs on six hits in 6 2-3 innings. "I did have the three walks, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I did get faster outs," Wheeler said. "I kept my pitch count down, for the most part." Arizona has struggled with its own pitching woes, entering the game with a baseball-worst 5.95 ERA. Hoping to give their beleaguered bullpen a rest, the Diamondbacks turned to Collmenter, a one-time starter who turned into an innings-eating reliever. The over-the-top-throwing right-hander was moved up to the rotation after Randall Delgado and Trevor Cahill were moved to the bullpen after struggling. Collmenter didnt help the bullpen much, giving up three runs in four innings in his first start since Sept. 30, 2012. "I hit a lot of my spots, they fouled a lot of pitches off and I didnt get outs early," Collmenter said. "I was happy with my command, for the most part." New York added two more runs in the fifth inning against Mike Bolsinger in his major league debut, going up 5-2 on run-scoring singles by Granderson and Duda. Wright had an RBI single in New Yorks two-run eighth off Ryan Rowland-Smith. NOTES: Lagares extended his hitting streak to nine games with a second-inning double. ... Bolsinger allowed two runs on six hits in three innings. ... Mets RHP Jenrry Mejia will be looking to cut down on his walks in the second game of the series against Arizona on Tuesday. Hes walked nine in 11 innings his first two starts, though has yet to lose (1-0). ... RHP Bronson Arroyo, who will start against the Mets, is 8-3 with a 3.63 ERA in 14 career starts against New York.Rigoberto Sanchez Jersey . New York Red Bulls. TSN primes Vancouver fans for the start of the 2014 season with MLS on TSN: Season Preview Special airing tonight at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt on TSN2 (encore Friday at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt on TSN2). Anthony Castonzo Jersey .55 million euros (US$18.6 million) to Spanish tax authorities on Monday to cover any potential irregularities in its signing of Neymar, all the while maintaining its innocence of the fraud charges levied against it.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres are moving on without the longtime face of their franchise. And they know the experience will be anything but ordinary. "When a guy like Ryan Miller gets traded, thats not a normal player getting traded," interim head coach Ted Nolan said. "He was the face of the organization for a long, long time. To lose a player like him, its tough." Tough, yes, but perhaps good practice for a team that could be offloading several more veterans before Wednesdays trade deadline, as general manager Tim Murray continues efforts to fix the NHLs worst team. Murray traded Miller and captain Steve Ott to St. Louis on Friday. Buffalo acquired goaltender Jaroslav Halak, right wing Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a 2015 first-round draft pick and a conditional pick. Its unlikely to end there. Christian Ehrhoff said Friday that he recently complied with the Sabres request to submit a list of eight teams that would make up the no-trade clause of his contract. Soon-to-be unrestricted free agents Matt Moulson and Henrik Tallinder could also move, and Murray has said contract status doesnt dictate availability. Even Halak or Stewart could be traded. "Theyre pieces that will be Buffalo Sabres when they pass their physicals and after that its the same as everybody else," Murray said. "And what I said, if it makes sense it makes sense. ... If theyre Buffalo Sabres, they play here and were happy with them." The overhaul began under Murrays predecessor, Darcy Regier, who was fired in November. The Sabres traded numerous high-priced veterans last season, including captain Jason Pominville. It continued into October, when Thomas Vanek was traded to the New York Islanders for Moulson and two high draft picks. The Sabres, as a result, have stockpiled picks. They could have as many as two first-round and three second-round selections in this years draft, with 10 total picks over the first two rounds of the next two drafts. Buffalo also has a solid group of prospeccts in its farm system, including defencemen Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov, who were both drafted in the first round in June. Barkevious Mingo Jersey. Murrays objective is to add more draft picks or young prospects, and hes been clear about his intentions to make the team better regardless of cost. "Theres no untouchables," Murray said before the Miller trade. "Its a rebuild." And for the players remaining on the team, its a big opportunity to take a leadership role. In the case of Enroth, its a chance to become a teams No. 1 goaltender for the first time in his career. "If you dont call this a chance, I dont know what a chance is," Enroth said, later adding, "I truly believe I can be a No. 1 guy here." Nolan noticed changes almost immediately after the trade was announced, as Ott and Miller said their goodbyes to teammates. "You could really see it on Drew Staffords face the most," Nolan said Friday. "Him and Matt Moulson really took over the leadership tonight with this young group." Stafford is now the longest-tenured Sabre and the only player left from the 2006-07 team that won the Presidents Trophy, though Tallinder left as a free agent before being reacquired this summer. The general managers goals arent lost on the players in the room, and Tyler Myers has expressed confidence in the direction of the team in general. "You have to look at what we got, too," Myers said. "I think its good for both sides. Im happy for Ott and Miller." Murray said the timing of the deal was not ideal for his roster, but the 22-year-old Marcus Foligno and other young teammates almost immediately recognized the bittersweet chance to drive the team into the future. "I looked around with (Brian) Flynn and (Zemgus) Girgensons, and we just said we gotta step up," Foligno said. "This is a game where we have to play well and this is something where we lost them and now hopefully were here for the long run and were players that they count on." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: