.Were in a great situation battling for a playoff spot | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jan 5 '18
2014 marks the start of the Chris Jones era as head coach of the Edmonton Eskimos and many, myself included, think they may have found the right one. Custom New Orleans Saints Jerseys . If you ask Jones what he looks for in a player, his response is "aggressiveness with intelligence that play with a ‘liitle edge.” That is a good definition of desire but could also be a description of Jones himself. Being aggressive is always a priority for a player; there are not many situations where being passive is beneficial on the football field. Pro football is not a nice game. In many ways and at the majority of positions youre imposing your will on another player, another athlete, and quite often the player with the strongest will and desire wins that battle. Sometimes you qualify it as mental toughness, but an aggressive mind set wins in this sport as long as it is disciplined and under control. Speaking of mind set, it may surprise you but intelligence is as important as any aspect of performance there is. The best linebacker in CFL football just may be J.C. Sherritt, the Eskimos middle linebacker. By no means is he physically imposing or dominant but when it comes to football smarts there are few that are his superiors. Interesting this year in that the injury adversity Sherritt faced last year gave an opportunity for another linebacker to shine in rookie Rennie Curran. This year both could be playing side by side in Edmonton, a strength for the Eskimos as both are athletic and very bright; they do not make the same mistake twice. The third quality of a Chris Jones player is one that plays with a little edge. Note those three words, "a little edge," are not easy to define or visualize. Is it a player who is exceptionally aggressive or intelligent? Or perhaps it is an attitude or enthusiasm. I think it is a guy who has no fear, cant be intimidated and, either subtly or overtly, does the intimidating. I dont know if you can describe it in words, but I do know coaches, especially veterans, recognize and want it. So the Chris Jones era begins and the Mike Reilly era, still in its infancy, continues. What was interesting to watch last year was how the Eskimos fans embraced Reilly as their quarterback. Not for the beautiful touchdown passes from the perfect spiral, or the ultimate three-minute drill to lead his team to poetic victory; they embraced Reilly because of the courage he played with in each and every game. Reilly was pummeled last year for many reasons, sometime poor pass protection, sometimes too many predictable passing situations. Add in a poor running game Reillys penchant for taking too many risks, hes gambling with his longevity. But what I observed is the Edmonton football faithful recognize his courageous performances and genuinely respected and responded positively to it. In a time when maximum revenue is a key priority for many, Reilly demonstrated an opposite mentality of thought; risking all for the cause in many situations. Now he has to temper it down however and he will or hell still be a football hero in Edmonton, just not for 18 games. The West is pretty good this year. Winnipeg will be better, Calgary and BC have good personnel that just need to stay healthy and focused, and Saskatchewan is the defending Grey Cup champion. So where does that leave Edmonton? They will be aggressive, they will be intelligent, and they will play with an edge. They will pressure the quarterback relentlessly and take risks one-on-one in coverage. And of course, their quarterback will continue to play with the definable quality of courage each and every game. Edmonton may just be pretty good this year. Willie Snead IV Jersey . Austin Watson, Scott Ford, Filip Forsberg and Mark Van Guilder had the other goals for the Admirals (30-21-12). Scott Darling made 30 saves for his 10th win of the season. Hau oli Kikaha Jersey . Adam Lind provided the power and rookie starter Marcus Stroman had the best start of his young career as the Blue Jays dumped the Yankees 8-3 at Rogers Centre. Stroman, making his fifth start for Toronto, allowed one earned run and three hits over a career-high eight innings.CALGARY - The Calgary Flames have reverted to the two-goalie tandem of Jonas Hiller and Karri Ramo after Joni Ortios short, but successful stint with the NHL team.The Flames remain in position to end a five-year playoff following a goaltending philosophy of he who wins is the starter until he loses.Head coach Bob Hartley gave Hiller the nod for Tuesdays home game against Buffalo, but its a short trip to backup status in CalgaryHillers six goals against in a Jan. 9 loss to the Florida Panthers combined with a Ramo injury opened the door for Ortio. He arrived from the AHLs Adirondack Flames to hold Calgary in the playoff hunt on a five-game road trip prior to the all-star break.The 23-year-old Finn showed poise, giving up a combined five goals in four wins over division rivals, including a shutout of Vancouver and overtime victories in Los Angeles and San Jose. But Ortio was then pulled in a 6-3 loss to Anaheim with Hiller giving up just one goal in the back half of the game.Calgary entered the all-star break alone in the eighth and final playoff berth in the Western Conference with a record of 25-19-3. Ramos activation from the injured list hastened Ortios return to the AHL.But Ortios performance prompts questions about what the Flames goaltending situation means heading towards the NHLs trade deadline March 2.Well see. Every game has been a Game 7 for quite awhile so were not going to change our approach, head coach Bob Hartley said. Goaltending is such a big part of winning games. Whoever wants to run with the ball, well give it to them.Right now we have two goallies were very comfortable (with). Tyeler Davison Jersey. We appreciate what Joni did for us, but at the same time we felt Joni had to keep playing. Jonas and Karri will carry the load for us.Calgary signed Hiller to a two-year contract worth $4.5 million annually last summer after his six seasons in Anaheim. The Swiss netminder won nine of his first 14 starts for Calgary and then lost 10 of his next 14. I was kind of longing for a chance to get back and definitely happy with the way I played the second half in Anaheim, Hiller said. Its a good thing to build on, but I think Ive got to be ready again every game we play. If we want to have a chance, I have to play at my best.Hiller had a goals-against average of 2.47 and a save percentage of .911 at the all-star break.Ramos last start was Jan. 7 when he was injured in a collision with teammate Raphael Diaz during a game in Detroit. The Finn earned four straight starts earlier this season. Ramos record was 8-5-1 with a GAA of 2.67 and a save percentage of .904 at the all-star break.In contrast to NHL teams who want to protect their starting goaltenders ego, Calgarys motto of always earned, never given applies to Flames goalies.Ramo says Hartley communicates his confidence in both goalies during bi-weekly meetings between the head coach and netminders.Were in a great situation battling for a playoff spot. Everything is still possible, so he just keeps telling (us) keep working hard. Theres chances, Ramo said.Its been long time since I had a full game, so Im excited to get back. I dont know when its going to be. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: