to dwell on what has happened in the last game or the game before that. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 4 '18
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- Landry Shamet is healthy again, and thats only making Wichita States balanced offense even deeper. Discount Bruins Jerseys .The redshirt freshman scored 12 points in the Shockers 82-47 win against LSU on Wednesday in the opening game of the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. That came three days after he scored 16 points in a high-scoring blowout against Maryland Eastern Shore, part of a strong start to the season after playing just three games last season due to a foot injury.It was a lot of mental stuff as well as physically trying to get myself back, Shamet said, just working really hard in the offseason to get back to where I was.Markis McDuffie scored 15 points to lead the Shockers (5-0), who dominated from the tip and scored the games first nine points to quickly turn this into a rout. And they did it much like their first four lopsided wins, with a balanced deep and offense with seemingly no shortage of scoring options.The development of Shamet, a 6-foot-4 guard from Kansas City, Missouri, will only help after spending last season observing and learning from departed program mainstays Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet.Hes very cerebral, Shockers coach Gregg Marshall said. He watched those guys, he learned from them and thats what we talked about: become a better player by watching.Coming off a 116-point outing, 12 Shockers scored while the team made 9 of 19 from 3-point range (47 percent), shot 46 percent overall and dominated the glass.Antonio Blakeney scored 12 points for the Tigers (3-1), who never recovered from that awful start. LSU didnt manage its first point until the 14:32 mark, didnt manage a basket until nearly 6 1/2 minutes in and shot 28 percent for the game.They did a great job of punching first, LSU coach Johnny Jones said, and we didnt do a great job of responding there in the first half.BIG PICTURELSU: This was hardly the start the fifth-year coach wanted in Atlantis. Picked to finish 12th in the Southeastern Conference, the Tigers were trying for their first 4-0 start since the 2012-13 season but managed little resistance as the Shockers sprinted out to the big lead.They got out to a quick start and just never looked back, junior guard Jalyn Patterson said.Wichita State: Oddly enough, the Shockers are thriving in their first games without Baker and VanVleet. Their first five wins have come by an average margin of 36 points and theyre averaging 91 points so far.FRANKAMPS FLOOR GAMEWichita State junior Conner Frankamp finished with eight points and seven assists while committing no turnovers.Hes running our team first, and then looking to score, which is the way to do it, Marshall said.TALK DEFENSE, PLEASEMarshall wasnt as interested with his teams strong offensive play as he was with holding LSU to 28 percent shooting, eventually interjecting during the postgame news conference to ask whether anyone wanted to ask about his teams defensive play.Everybody wants to talk about offense, Marshall said. Talk about defense.UP NEXTLSU: The Tigers will play the Old Dominion in the losers bracket Thursday on Day 2 of the three-day tournament.Wichita State: The Shockers advanced to Thursdays semifinals to face No. 10 Louisville, which edged Old Dominion in overtime.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 Wholesale Bruins Jerseys . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Youth Bruins Jerseys . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. http://www.cheapbruinsjerseyschina.com/ . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Kerry Hyder is humble, not bitter. Motivated, not satisfied.Only the reigning Super Bowl MVP, Von Miller of the Denver Broncos, has more sacks this season than Hyder, a player few had heard of a year ago. The defensive end has five sacks and has been one of the few bright spots for the Detroit Lions (1-3) so far.Hyder quietly waited his turn to get a chance to play in the NFL, going undrafted in 2014 and spending nearly two seasons on practice squads with the New York Jets and Lions before getting his shot. He is making the most of an opportunity that came about because Ezekiel Ansah has missed much of the season with a sprained left ankle.Hyder insisted he never doubted his ability to play in the league.It was just a matter of time, Hyder said Wednesday.Hyder speaks softly with a gentle smile, but practices hard and plays with relentless effort to make up for his lack of imposing size or blazing speed. The 6-foot-2, 270-pound Hyder understands why he was not among the 256 players taken in the 2014 NFL draft after he had two sacks as a senior at Texas Tech.Im not 6-5. I dont have the measureables that people look for, he said. A player like me just needs a chance to get in to show that you can make plays at this level. It was hard. Sometimes I would get anxious and wonder why I wasnt getting a shot. My mom and dad would always tell me to enjoy the process. My dad would remind me there are a bunch of people fighting for those practice squad spots so make them earn it if theyre going to take your spot.The Rex Ryan-led Jets gave him his first NFL job, putting him on their practice squad two years ago.When the season was over, Rex wasnt there anymore andd it was clearly time for me to find a better situation, Hyder said. Bruins Jerseys Outlet. Hyders second chance came last year in Detroit and he took advantage. He was regularly recognized for helping the team prepare for opponents as the look team player of the week.He got it several weeks, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. And, he probably couldve gotten it almost every week.Caldwell and his coaches noticed Hyder was in the backfield a lot so they moved him from defensive tackle to end and asked him to lose some weight. It has worked out for both parties.Hyder is the first player to open a season for the Lions with a sack in four straight games since William Gay did it in 1983. When Detroit hosts the NFC East-leading Philadelphia Eagles (3-0) on Sunday, one of Hyders former teammates will be thrilled to see him in uniform on a game day for a change.Im glad that Kerry Hyder finally gets the respect hes due, Eagles linebacker Stephen Tulloch said. Hes a guy that wears number 61. Nobody thought he would make the team.Even though Hyders spot on the team is secure, he plans to maintain his pace as a pass-rusher for a team that desperately needs it with Ansah and linebacker DeAndre Levy nursing injuries.I just want to keep it going, Hyder said. I dont want to dwell on what has happened in the last game or the game before that. If I keep playing hard, the stats will come.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Larry Lage at http://www.twitter.com/larrylage and follow his work at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/larry-lage Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: