.Chapman hit Van Edwards Jr. on a 27-yard | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Jan 3 '18
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. Grey Running Shoes . -- Metta World Peace and Thomas Robinson both went into training camp with only a small chance of making the Los Angeles Lakers roster.They seized that chance and wouldnt let it go, much to the surprise of coach Luke Walton and general manager Mitch Kupchak.The Lakers kept the two veteran forwards on their opening night roster Monday, waiving Chinese 7-footer Yi Jianlian and forward Anthony Brown.Yi requested his release after realizing he wouldnt have a prominent role immediately with the Lakers. Brown, a second-round pick last year, simply was outplayed by the 36-year-old World Peace and Robinson, who is with his sixth team in five NBA seasons.As much as I like (Brown), and as well as he was playing, Metta World Peace and T-Rob, they were bringing it every single day, Walton said after practice. They were giving us a toughness that I think we need, and giving us some vocal leadership, some experience, and I just felt like in talking with the guys upstairs, that was what was most valuable for those last couple of spots.When the Lakers return from the worst season in franchise history against Houston on Wednesday, theyll do it with World Peace on their roster for the second straight season after his NBA career appeared over. Kupchak acknowledges he didnt expect World Peace to make the team again this year, but the former Ron Artest continues to provide veteran stability and defensive ability.World Peace begins his 17th NBA season this week, and he credits his longevity to a personal reawakening in his mid-30s. After living a very reckless lifestyle, World Peace embraced a healthy existence and gained a cerebral understanding of his role with the Lakers.Its weird -- at the end of my career, I feel like the beginning, said World Peace, who turns 37 next month. Ive got a goal, a personal goal, of trying to reach 20 years, and in order to reach those goals, Ive got to take care of my body, have that body freedom. I have to have a no-partying lifestyle, eating the right ways. Obviously theres such a thing called Father Time, but if you take care of your body, youll have a chance to run with these young guys. These boys are fast, theyre jumping all over, and in order to compete, youve got to treat your body the right way.World Peace was out of the league for 18 months between his release by the New York Knicks in early 2014 to his return to the Lakers, playing in China and Italy during his absence.Yi returned to the NBA last month after a four-year absence, agreeing to an incentive-laden contract with the Lakers. The 7-footer was the sixth overall pick in the 2007 draft before returning to China in 2012, becoming his domestic leagues dominant player.Yi averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds during the preseason.I think he wanted a bigger role, bigger minutes than we had available, Walton said. He was really going to have to outplay everybody to get big minutes because of the players we need to develop, and he did a great job. He was great while he was here. He proved that he belongs in this league.Robinson bulled his way onto the Lakers roster with his offensive rebounding, energy and toughness. The Kansas product didnt know he had made it until Monday morning, leaving him to endure a sleepless night before reporting to practice.It was definitely something we werent planning on before training camp started, Walton said. (Robinson) definitely earned a spot. It was just trying to find a way to get him a spot. Discount Running Shoes . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . Womens Running Shoes . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. http://www.cheaprunningshoesforsale.com/ .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. AKRON, Ohio -- TraVon Chapman passed for two touchdowns, Mykel Traylor-Bennett ran for two scores and Akron rallied to beat Kent State 31-27 on Saturday to retain possession of the Wagon Wheel trophy.Trailing 27-24, Chapman led the Zips (3-2, 1-0 Mid-American) on a four-play, 57-yard drive and Taylor-Bennett ran in a 3-yard game-winner with 20 seconds left.Nick Holley passed for two touchdowns for Kent State (1-4, 0-1), including 9-yarder to Justin Rankin to put the Golden Flashes up 27-24 with 1:02 remaining. Holleey was 19 of 35 for 285 yards passing, with a TD strike to Ernest Calhoun. White Running Shoes. Holley gained 117 yards on 34 carries, including a 13-yard scoring run.Chapman hit Van Edwards Jr. on a 27-yard TD pass to tie it at 17. On the next possession, Chapman capped a seven-play, 76-yard drive with a 23-yard pass to Austin Wolf.Chapman was 11 of 28 for 237 yards passing with two interceptions. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: